North Cyprus Tourist Board - Childbirth in North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Childbirth in North Cyprus

Childbirth in North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

foxyju

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 10:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Hi all!

Would be really grateful for your advice.

I'm pregnant and thinking about having baby in North Cyprus.

Can anyone give me approximate budget of how much will it be to bear a child here?

Thanks in advance!

nurseawful

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 10:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Don't know how much it costs but as a Nurse (my opinion) You should go back to the UK to have your baby.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 10:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Foxtyju,

Sorry I forgot to say Congratulations.

Tinkie

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 10:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Congratulations FoxyJu, if you are considering having your baby here I would recommend that you go to see Dr Meryem in Girne. She is just along from the law courts in Girne, I think its called Jinomer? She is lovely, speaks excellent English and can tell you exactly how much you should expect to pay...I think its about 2000tl but could be wrong.

Good luck what ever you decide to do.

Pixie

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 10:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

fOXTYJU,

so far I have spent around 1000 tl on my appointments and bllod tests. I am 8 months along.

If you want to give birth in a private clinic the amount it will set you back is 2500 tl for a natural childbirth, 3500tl for a ceasarian section.

If you can go through the state system everything is free.

CONGRATULATIONS by the way.

Aslan

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 10:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

I congratulations Foxyju, I sincerely hope all goes well, firstly please ignore message2 "Don't know how much it costs but as a Nurse (my opinion) You should go back to the UK to have your baby" (based on what facts).

There is absolutely no reason why you should return to the UK. My daughter was born here in a private hospital in Lefkosa, during the birth and subsequent few days in maternity they have a system where they supply all the medication, drips e.t.c and your partner takes the "empties" down to a chemist and replaces them. If there are complications then one phone call and all the neccessary surgeons will be with you including an ambulance. If you wish I can recommend a Girne or Nicosia woman and birth clinic.

I can quite remember, but I paid 1000$ for the birth and 3 days in hospital plus about 200-300$ for the medication. You can pay in TL and I suggest you open a high intertest TL account now and in 9 months the interest should help the budget.

foxyju

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

Thanks dear all for your answers and congratulations - really pleasant community on this site!

Now we got the first prices, they seem to be really reasonable.

Tinkie, thanks for recommendations of clinic -we're going to make an appointment with Dr.Meriem ASAP.

Aslan, would be great to get your advice about Girne or Nicosia woman and birth clinic - we'd like to check several ones to find the best.

ladylittle

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 14:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

Hi, I had my son here almost 2 years ago and I have to say the care was fantastic. I went to tuncavic (sorry about the spelling) opposite the altankaya in karakum. They are a husband and wife team, the husband is the gyne and the wife is the pediotrition.

I had to have a c section, have known for years that I couldnt have a natural. We paid approx 1000gbp for the birth, would have paid double for the care I got...... will defp go back there when we have no 2 and would highly recommend...

foxyju

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 14:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

Thanks, Ladylittle!

Can you give any of the contacts of this clinic?

girne

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 15:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

l had a cesarıun 2 and a half years a go cost me 1500 punds sterling but this does not include the medication.

You need to really go and see a doc.

I can recommend Dr Meyrem just past the courts opposite Aşar chemist.

She is very good and checks you thouroughly. Having given birth in London on 2 other occasions l would say the health care here is just as good.

Her number is (0392) 8160336.

foxyju

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

Thanks, Girne!

Will see DrMeryem definitely.

OneRose

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 23:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

I'd say get back to UK to give birth. As well as the birth being free of charge, the hospitals/doctors here are much better..

The decision is yours.. Good luck and Congratulations !!! ))

Pixie

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 09:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

oh and one more point, if you are a british citizen your child will automatically get a passport but his/her children will be ineligible to become british citizens...

flowerfairy

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 09:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

One Rose, your advice is go back to uk as the doctors are much better.................

Apart from childbirth, I've been in hospital three times in my life.

The first in UK, my treatment op was ok, the nursing and attitude of the nurses was awful. So bad, in fact I was going to put an official compalint in.

The second was private, much better nursing.

The third was over here, I'd been here less than a year.

The treatmant was first class, within a few hours, I'd been diagnosed,and the treatment had began.

Within four days, I was home and all better, thank goodness..........The cost..less than £300

The same with my daughter, she was diagnosed, treated and home in three days,

I hope you haven't had a bad experience because of your comments, but as far as I'm concerned, if I'm poorly, I'd rather be treated here within days, than go to Uk and wait six months for an appointment.

Foxyju, congratulations,

Lambousa Gordon

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 10:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

My wife had our first child in the UK (privately as we are not resident there) and our next two in the TRNC - at Tunccevik in Karakum (as referred by Ladylittle in Msg 8).

Procedurally all were first class. However, the post-care and nursing in the TRNC was far superior to that of the UK.

kiwikid

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 11:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

I had our first son here, no problems. After a few days he developed very bad jundice, which is quiet common in childern from the med, (husband TC) he spent 4 days in the special child unit at the Lefkosa public hospital, needed a blood transfussion, again this is common here, horrid for me as a new mum, but the care was First Class all the way.

As for Doctors and hospitals being better in the Uk, Well!! 2 years ago my father had a heart attack here while on holiday, within two hours of the attack, he was in having stents put in, which was all done with a little camera, we even have the dvd to watch. he spent 5 days in ICU and 5 days on the normal ward. Again the care and Doctors were first class. When he returned to the UK for a check up the doctor told him straight, that if it had happened in the UK it would of taken at least 3 weeks for the stents and the chances of catching one of the super bugs that the UK hospital are infeasted with was about 60 %.

Got luck with the new Baby

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.