North Cyprus Tourist Board - bagis: we are ready to open ports in return for easing trnc isolation
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > bagis: we are ready to open ports in return for easing trnc isolation

bagis: we are ready to open ports in return for easing trnc isolation

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

catalkoykid

Message Posted:
08/07/2009 07:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

http://www.brtk.cc/index.php/lang/en/cat/2/news/51794

breezyboy

Message Posted:
08/07/2009 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Over to you then Nick!

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
08/07/2009 13:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Nice "try" TR...

>>The Turkish Minister of State also said that Ankara was prepared to open its ports to Greek Cypriot traffic if direct trade started with the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.<<

The problem IS you insisting "TRNC" is a "state".. you signed the Ankara Accord.. no point trying to renegotiate after you signed it ...

Play by the rules.. join the EU.. then the "CY problem" - like the IRL one - can "fade" as nationalism is overtaken by pragmatism... AH, if it was so "easy"..

andre 514

Message Posted:
08/07/2009 15:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

mark message 3:

I'm sure turkey would join the eu if allowed to: one of the most blinkered perceptions hereabouts

is that the obstacles to turkey's eu accession all revolve around the very localised cyprus question

...here is an exhausting rather than an exhaustive list,

which is based upon various off-the-cuff remarks etc and I offer it only as a basis for discussion

suggested turkey as a non-christian state "is not one of us" and culturally alien to "europe"

italian, spanish and greek farmers fear agricultural competition from hardworking turks

many working classes of north europe are loth to welcome turkish co-workers or neighbours

as a loyal founder-member of nato turkey is seen as yet another american trojan horse,

the grimmest of prospects for anti-american sarkosey and french lapdog germany

within ten years the combined populations of TR/GB will exceed those of france and germany,

and the associated voting rights could end their control of eu policy

andre 514

Message Posted:
08/07/2009 15:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

mark message 3:

I'm sure turkey would join the eu if allowed to: one of the most blinkered perceptions hereabouts

is that the obstacles to turkey's eu accession all revolve around the very localised cyprus question

...here is an exhausting rather than an exhaustive list,

which is based upon various off-the-cuff remarks etc and I offer it only as a basis for discussion

suggested turkey as a non-christian state "is not one of us" and culturally alien to "europe"

italian, spanish and greek farmers fear agricultural competition from hardworking turks

many working classes of north europe are loth to welcome turkish co-workers or neighbours

as a loyal founder-member of nato turkey is seen as yet another american trojan horse,

the grimmest of prospects for anti-american sarkosey and french lapdog germany

within ten years the combined populations of TR/GB will exceed those of france and germany,

and the associated voting rights could end their control of eu policy

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
08/07/2009 16:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Dear Andre_514

Could you be specific as to who has to do what to join the EU ?

I think you know that currently the EU is waiting for TR put into action that what it signed up to..

Cyprus' being refused access to overfly, etc., is only one of several issues.

TR is giving the nations who might cause problems later every excuse to point and say , "you see they are misbehaving BEFORE they join !"

I'm sure my German friends will be having a great laugh at your Franco-German relations synopsis.

The nations of the EU have known about TRs population trends for some time..

Me thinks YOU might not want TR in the EU ?! ;)

andre 514

Message Posted:
08/07/2009 18:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

mark,

I am so glad your german friends are laughing,

the bedrock of postwar european stabilty was the us marshall plan and american military protection,

but that was superceded when the eu was first set up by the founders, the famous franco-german alliance

it is actually you who are having a laugh, still trying to turn the situation upside-down for your own ends

as if the parochial cyprus problem has any real significance compared to the meatier reasons:

turkey was, is and will be blocked from eu membership in the forseeable future, read msgs 4/5 again

for the alternative explanation, that looks authentic if gleaned from asides and anecdotal information

but yes, all the hot air about cyprus, opening ports etc is still very important, but rather as camouflage

so no eu membership carrot means no potential to force turkey to play your eurogame if it won't,

and the far less than edifying vision of a very little provincial tail wagging a very large eurodog

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.