North Cyprus Tourist Board - re-write the scripture in the greek cypriot schools.
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > re-write the scripture in the greek cypriot schools.

re-write the scripture in the greek cypriot schools.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Schools Posts

newlad

Message Posted:
22/03/2008 13:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

This is an extract taken from an interview carried out by the greek cyprus observer,with a greek cypriot.What a breath of fresh air to read articles that depict the truth,and are written by a greek cypriot.

"yes it is true that the turkish cypriots were wronged by us and suffered alot.That is why i say that our books and education system should be changed.Hostilities should be discarded,the true facts should be written in our books,and our youth should be brought up as friends of the turkish cypriots and should not look upon them as enemies.

Our books should openly tell our students that makarios and grivas did extensive damage and caused tremendous losses for us and cyprus as a whole.

More greek/cypriots need to come forward to get this point home,as it can only be beneficial in healing the wounds that exist between the two sides,

Regards,

Paul.

newlad

Message Posted:
23/03/2008 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Does anyone on the forum no of greek cypriots coming forward and expressing their views like this,

Regards,

Paul.

simbas

Message Posted:
24/03/2008 06:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Hi paul , i certainly dont , but how refreshing to hear that there are some , you have to admire them for that ,

have a good day , pat

newlad

Message Posted:
24/03/2008 18:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Pat,

The way things seem to be going i think you may find that more an more people may shake off the shackles and come out and tell it as it really was.I think the reason that there is so much secrecy forom the greek cyp side is because people are afraid so say what really happened for fear of reprisals against them.Hopefully this will change,

enjoy the rest of your bank holiday,

Regards ,

Paul.

JamesB

Message Posted:
24/03/2008 20:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

I have heard GCs admit there part in it all but the Brits and Americans also have to hold our hands up because we have contributed for our own gains!

Regards

JB

phylray

Message Posted:
25/03/2008 15:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Many Brits back home are completely ignorant of what happened, especially the

young ones, & have heard the most one-sided remarks (prob. Greek propaganda) Have just read a book called The End of Friendship, by a retired

British trained Turk/Cypriot nursing sister. Chilling reading.

newlad

Message Posted:
25/03/2008 20:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Pylray,

What you say is absoluteley correct and i have witnessed it first hand.Somehow both sides of the story needs to be told to people while they are still at a young age and still have an open mind.Where can the book you read be obtained from,

Regards,

Paul.

gottheyips

Message Posted:
25/03/2008 20:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

hi newlad,

what exactly did you witness first hand? rather than hearsay, it is always more interesting to read of actual events that individuals experienced.

newlad

Message Posted:
25/03/2008 22:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

gty,

Just the usual propaganda mate.Went to hire a car from a place in protaris,and asked the person how far it was to kyrennia,and the person behind the counter said "i wouldnt advise you to go there as all turks and turk cyps are just murdering b******* and you will not come back alive".Never hired from them and went elsewhere.All water off a ducks back to me but imsure it does put alot of people of,

Regards,

Paul.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.