North Cyprus Tourist Board - what do we need to move to cyprus e.g. visas,permits etc
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > what do we need to move to cyprus e.g. visas,permits etc

what do we need to move to cyprus e.g. visas,permits etc

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

fletch

Message Posted:
24/03/2008 00:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

we want to move to cyprus to open up some sort of catering buisiness,please can anyone give us some useful info on estate agents dealing with commercial property sales.Also where do we start with are first line of enquiry on actually moving there.We would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks Claire

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
24/03/2008 00:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Fletch

Welcome to the forum.

I think this is one for Ukturk to answer.

Karen

rtddci

Message Posted:
24/03/2008 01:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Fletch

Have you visited North Cyprus?

Martin

simbas

Message Posted:
24/03/2008 04:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

hi fletch , welcome to the forum , hope you enjoy and find it informative

good luck , simbas

glencoe

Message Posted:
24/03/2008 09:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Fletch,

Welcome,

Boy I could go on about this one at length, suffice to say that I have been in the trade for 36 years in the UK and I opened a small hotel in TRNC, IN 2006

But here goes -

and I think the information is correct, if you dont take a TC partner (51% minimum ) As a foreign national you are required to form a company, $100000.00 needs to be deposited in a TRNC bank first off, you need a business permission which cost me 1000ytl anually and it took forever to get and also to renew, There was a lot of resentment & most of the local restaurant and bar owners hated the fact that we were opening and some of them in places of power made life almost unbearable, we were continually visited (raided) by police and officials in the first three months

We took on a chef for a 15 day trial, who had the week before- closed his own restaurant, within a week we were 'raided' and were charged with having an illegal worker, (reported) fined 900ytl with no avenue of appeal or reasoning, neighbouring venues started dirty tricks telling people we were full when in fact we were not (supported by e-mail evidence), it seemed to me that because we were trying to do things by the book we were being penalised and others were blatantly flouting the procedures laid down, it all added up to being not worth the hassle, so think long and hard, unless you want to do as other ex-pats do and just break the laws work on the black, and to hell with them

Anyway nuff said, we are still trading but not in catering and you wanted info on estate agents,

You obviously read the boards so you will find all the information you require about estate agents readily available, I personally will not reccommend either estate agents or Solicitors as it is a case of buyer beware, but when and if you overcome all the hurdles there are plenty of places available to rent, and an overabundance of eateries (in most places) vying for the little trade around.

My advice would be to come over and try the place and make all your enquiries when here, Good luck and if you want any further information you can e-mail me off board

G

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
24/03/2008 11:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

need anyone say anything else

ukturk

Message Posted:
24/03/2008 12:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

hi fletch

welcome to the forum

glen has basically covered what you have to do when setting up a buisness, to add to that if you do take on a turkish partner just for the sake being able to operate i would write up a contract that the partner does not own or is intitled to any of the companies profits or what it owns and i would get this approved at the notary office even thou on paper the turkish partner has a 51% share, and if you do start a buisness then i will recomend in getting a resident visa then applying for a work visa giving you permission to work hope this helps

ukturk

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
24/03/2008 12:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Well put Greg.

Karen

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.