North Cyprus Tourist Board - Did you win a weekend break at the Ozankoy Flower Show?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Did you win a weekend break at the Ozankoy Flower Show?

Did you win a weekend break at the Ozankoy Flower Show?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Karanfil

Message Posted:
13/07/2009 17:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Were you one of the lucky winners of a weekend away for two people at the Ozankoy Flower Show this year? Have you had your weekend break yet or had confirmation about it? Despite numerous telephone calls I still haven't had the dates I requested confirmed or received any information. Promises to call me back never materialise but then again promises are like pie crusts - easily broken. Yes, I know this is Cyprus and everything is yavas yavas but the Flower Show was early May and we are now halfway through July. Is it just me or are there other people out there still waiting?

jimm127

Message Posted:
13/07/2009 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Hi Karenfil

I am very sorry to read your comments about the weekend breaks. To clarify matters can I just tell you that these were offered at the last moment by the Chairman of Kibsat, who also owns Ornek Tourizm. We were at the time very grateful for the offer and have regretted it ever since. Repeated calls have been made by Libby to try and get the situation resolved. I actually wonder wether the man ever asked the participating hotels in advance. We accepted the offer in good faith and whilst agreeing that the hotels have the last say on when these breaks may be taken, we have ourselves been very embarrassed by the way it has all turned out. The matter is unfortunately out of the hands of the flower show. I accept that we have made a mistake in accepting these breaks as prizes and apologise unreservedly for the trouble that has been caused trying to redeem them. All I can suggest is to ring Ornek Tourizm and speak to Roz or demand to speak to Uzbek, the owner.TBC

jimm127

Message Posted:
13/07/2009 19:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

The numbers I have are 0392 8158969, 0533 8688383 and 0533 8418001.

Again my sincere apologies.

Alex

sagsy22

Message Posted:
13/07/2009 21:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Hi, I to won a weekend at Oscar resort, although after about 1 month I had contact with them and gave them available dates they still have not come back to me.

Please help Libby

thanks Sandra

pinkchilli

Message Posted:
13/07/2009 21:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Hi Jimm

I hope you don't think I'm being awkward, but when someone wins a prize at an event of yours, I think you should sort it out.

The alternative would be, come next year, what trust would people have in entering something that they may have no chance of winning.

I totally understand that this is not your fault, but life can sometimes be a bit unfair.

Regards

PC

PS. Perhaps try another hotel, who may honour the prize, and in return get a phenominal amount of good publicity.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
13/07/2009 21:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Another great con! It is the responsibility of the organisers, in this case 'The Ozankoy Flower Show' to uphold the prizes offered and won as it was under their 'trade name' people participated. A duty of care is required unless of course their offices are in the 'Law firm square' opposite the post office! No fobbing off please.

Richard

Brinsley

Message Posted:
13/07/2009 21:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

I think I'll go out tomorrow and buy myself a hoover, that will get me to America and back FOC!

Richard

Karanfil

Message Posted:
13/07/2009 22:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Hi Alex. I take your apology on board but quite frankly I don't think it's good enough. I have spoken to Roz at Ornek several times but it's like talking to yourself. I think it should be sorted by the organisers. Perhaps Cyprus Today could put a rocket up Uzbek's backside! Surely as Chairman of Kibsat he doesn't need a bad press.

loslobos

Message Posted:
13/07/2009 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Relax Darlink,

Let's face it.... it's not exactly the Chelsea Flower Show is it ?

Brinsley

Message Posted:
13/07/2009 22:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Karanfil

I'm sorry to say they just don't give or care a damn!

Richard

semtcm

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 09:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

In our defense, about a month ago i was told that all the people had been contacted and that all the weekends had been sorted. I am very sorry that it has not been the case. OF COURSE Alex and I care, and have yet again been slandered for something i did not do. I really used to love living here......I will make the various phone calls today..again you cannot believe how sorry we are...and i promise no such prizes will be offer next year.

libby

Karanfil

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 10:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Brinsley

Apparently Libby and Alex DO care. I've just received a phone call from a very upset Libby who was under the impression that the weekends were sorted. She has promised to get action today and come back to me. Can I just say that it was not my intention to upset anyone. I just wanted to know if anyone else who had won a weekend had received the same treatment. I didn't win the prize, it was won by my Cypriot neighbour who speaks no English. I managed to explain that she had won and since then have been trying to sort out the prize for her. I have been upset by the whole business and wouldn't probably have bothered if it had been my own prize.

Cyprusraider

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts, or perhaps Ozbek bearing gifts????

I once won a Meal for 2 with wine at what was the Le Jardin, at the Annual BRS do. When I phoned to book they claimed not to be aware of their donation but honoured the prize anyway.

Strange lot some people!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.