North Cyprus Tourist Board - Anyone else waiting on edremit heights?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Anyone else waiting on edremit heights?

Anyone else waiting on edremit heights?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

ricnatmeg

Message Posted:
25/03/2008 14:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Hi,

Firstly thanks to those who offer really useful advice on this site. I've only just found the forum and its very helpful. Is anyone else out there like us waiting for completion of Edremit Heights being built by Santa Fe? Up to now we've been pretty cool about the delays but are now growing increasingly concerned about whether or not our apartment will ever be finished. All I can say to those who've had no delays is congratulations! It has kind of soured the whole experience for us having bought in good faith, especially as we went through a UK company First Homes.

Nasist60

Message Posted:
25/03/2008 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Ricnatmeg

We also bought a Santa Fe villa at Edremit through First Homes. You are not alone we paid the deposit in Nov 2005 and another two instalments but have not paid any more. The villa was due to be completed within 18 months of sign of contracts !!!! Still waiting!!! We have now been given the latest date for completion of Feb 2009!!

ricnatmeg

Message Posted:
01/04/2008 09:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Hi

Feb 2009! Cannot believe it. Well for anyone else out there who is buying from Sanat Fe be warned! At least forums like this allow frustrated purchasers like us to vent our anger.

Richy

Message Posted:
01/04/2008 11:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

What does you contract with SF state ??

ricnatmeg

Message Posted:
01/04/2008 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Richy,

Our contract states we would get 400 pounds a month compensation for late delivery after a two month grace period from when the apartment was due to be finished. This means in theory we have been accrueing compensation since around Feb 2007.

simbas

Message Posted:
01/04/2008 12:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

sounds like the £400 per month is the standard norm written into everyones contract , whether it is honoured or not , not that it helps , and its too late for people who have signed their contracts , but shirley { thats just for you paul } for prospective buyers they could negotiate different terms to the late build penalty payments , but not sure what could be negotiated , !!!!!

i am truely sorry for all you folks that are experiencing so much stress and heartache , there but for the grace of god springs to mind

good luck , simbas

Anvar

Message Posted:
13/04/2008 22:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Richnatmeg

I work for Santa Fe . I have been selling Santa Fe's properties since two years in Moscow. I believe Santa fe is the biggest developer in North Cyprus.Do you know that Santa Fe has almost 700 properties under construction now.Almost Every month they are handling the keys. As far as I know in March Santa Fe completed 7 villas in edremit. 16 apartment in Lapta(the cove). 7 villas in Yeşiltepe. 5 villa in Malatya. Last year they have completed 120 apartments and 14 villas. I have called Bulut (one of the directors of Santa Fe) 10 mınutes ago and I had short chat about Edremit Heights.Let me give you some informations about Edremit Heights. THey have completed all the tles work. Aluminiums will be done next two weeks. They have done all the infrastructure of Electric, water and telephone. They took the measurements of the kitchen and bedroom cabits. Bulut told me that they are focused in Edremit Heights now.

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
13/04/2008 23:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Anvar

That sounds like good news. Let's hope they carry on and finish these properties well before the reforecast date of Feb 2009. It probably would be a nice gesture for Sante Fe to keep regular contact with these people just to let them know they aren't forgotten. It is difficult living in a different country to where a property is being built and the longer things go on past the actual completion date the more anxious people become.

Karen

MrTee

Message Posted:
25/01/2009 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Hi

Yes I'm still waiting or over 2 years now as well it's been never ending but at least they are trying to finish them, all be it very slowly, I think the worst thing is that they do not tell us what is going on you have to dig that out yourself, they have been unrealistic with completion dates and we've had plenty of those all unforfiled.they need to be more transparent and honest, and perhaps a bit more sincere in thier approach.

Cheers all

augusta

Message Posted:
27/01/2009 22:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Ricnatmeg, Nasist60 and Mr Tee

I am also waiting for completion of my flat at Edremit Heights.

The Homebuyer's Pressure Group has set up a blog where Edremit Height purchasers can communicate.

It would be great if you would join the blog group.

http://www.hbpg-trnc.net

You can find the link to the Santa Fe blog and request to join.

greetings

Christine

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.