North Cyprus Tourist Board - turkcell 3G tortoise speed
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > turkcell 3G tortoise speed

turkcell 3G tortoise speed

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

timefore

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 13:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Has anyone else noticed how slow 3G or is it only me? trying to access websites has become a nightmare, dial up was faster

Brinsley

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 13:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Turkcell G3 do encounter technical problems but what really gets my goat is they deny it and blame your computer. On one occasion spoke to a girl that did admit they were having big problems and the technicians were working on it. I was very happy that someone told me the truth and bared with them. It's the damn lies they tell I can't take!

Richard

timefore

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 15:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

have not had that problem with them (probably because I hav'nt spoken to them - YET). We were impressed with the service but over the last couple of weeks things have got worse & worse, and we stupidly paid a year up front and we dont see much chance of improvements either

ert_in_cyprus

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 16:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Have paid for a year, Massive reduction in speed, over 90% down. Have been phoning them almost every day for over a week now and have had a different excuse given each time, and the popular PC needs formatting or the Network Settings are wrong excuse has come up a few times.

Get the feeling that this might be down to them over-selling and not having the infastructure to support demand. Anyone else missing good old wireless?

Dawnie1

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Well I can only say that I have no complaints about Turkcell, Skype working well with video, but I dont download, so maybe thats the issue. I was nervous about having Turkcell due to the number of people unsatisfied but I have certainly been fine with it, so all in all very pleased for a change.

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

My 3G is painfully slow at times, sometimes down to 2 - 3kb a second. Fortunately I only pay monthly so will be giving them the heave ho soon. I believe that they have over subscribed the service - in all likelihood, as customers desert them in droves, this will free up space on the system and download speeds will increase dramatically......

Paul

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.