North Cyprus Tourist Board - residency whats going on?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > residency whats going on?

residency whats going on?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

newscoop

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 16:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Thinking of doing mine and the other half tomorrow in Lefkosa.

What is it (the process) like at the moment?

mrcyprus

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 17:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

If you are talking about a first application for temporary permit then it is like this;

1. You will need to find the Muktah of the area you are staying in, mine is the same man that runs the Co-op funnily enough. He will write out a letter for each person you wish to apply for, and you wil need to attach stamps to this, the muktah will give you the details.

2. Then, take your passport, copies of your bank statements, contracts for your property and the muktah letters to the police station in Girne, and they will check it all over and then give you a letter of permission which you then take to a medical centre, and you give that letter from the police to the nurse who will then do your medical, which is 1 bloodtest.

3. After she has done that, you will pay (depending on the centre) between 80TL & 150TL each, and then she will give you a letter saying you have recieved your medical.

4. (only necessary if one of your children is over 18 and living with you) - Continued next.

mrcyprus

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 17:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Continued;

4. If your child over 18 and living with you, you will need to visit the Notary, he is located opposite the post office in the centre of Girne. He will register you on a computer, and type out a letter confirming 'My adult child is living in my house, and i will provide them with accomodation and other essentials. (This cost us 40TL).

5. Having done all the above, you take all the information stated in step 1, together with the newly recieved medical completion letter and 2 passport photos each and return to the police station for a final check. After they have done that, you will fill out a simple form each, and the officer will fill out a small pink booklet, which will be sent to Lefkosa.

6. Then wait approx 2 weeks before you return to pick up your medical results. You keep this, sealed for another 2 weeks then go to Lefkosa, they will have your residency and you will get it depending on if you have passed the medical.

Hope that helps.

newscoop

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 21:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Mr Cyprus thanks for taking the time but I was referring to the current conditions re: standing in an orderly line at immigration in Lefkosa while hordes of Turkish mainlanders bundle you and the other half out of the way!

I had heard of some incidents of argy bargy over there lately and was wondering if anyone had done theirs very recently and how long did it take them.

booitsme

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Our friends went to do their residency and tried 4 times before getting sorted out! Each time they went they were told "No more today, come back tomorrow". In the end they got there at 7.30am and still had to wait 4 hours!!!! Seems to be something to do with the new rule of work pemit and residency from September so lots of folks are rushing to get their residency sorted now before it becomes law. Sorry it's not good news but this was only the end of last week - maybe a flask of iced tea and some sandwhiches?

newscoop

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 22:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

booitsme;

thanks for that it confirms what I have heard. I heard from BRS that the hassle is a result of the government giving mainlanders till the end of the month to get legal or be deported. (since changed to end of september)

freckle

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

We went at the end of June, when you get there, there is a list that you have to put your name(s) on. At about 8.30/8.45 ish someone comes to dish out the tickets for the morning session. We got there about 8.15 and were finished by about 10 but I think we were lucky!

joandjelly

Message Posted:
18/07/2009 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

We are due to collect ours and I was just wondering if anyone with recent experience could advise how long we should leave it. We applied on 2nd July and were told 2 weeks but I don't want to waste my time in this heat so would appreciate any advice.

lesleyb

Message Posted:
18/07/2009 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Hi, I went yesterday morning, got there at 7 o`clock put my name on the list which was number 18, eventually allowed inside the building, given a ticket with name of lady which deals with you that was number 7 didn`t think that was too bad, then told she was running late! finally got into see her only to be told my details had not been received from Girne Police Station that I handed in 3 weeks ago, when I asked her should I come back in 1 or 2 weeks, guess what she just shrugged and laughed. It took me all day yesterday and quite a few stiff drinks to calm down! In fact I thinkI still need a few more! So hope you have better luck than me, I`m really looking forward to seeing her again next week.

Lesleyb

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.