North Cyprus Tourist Board - Crossing South-North Border with Personal Belongings
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Crossing South-North Border with Personal Belongings

Crossing South-North Border with Personal Belongings

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus Border Crossings

» See All Threads on Cyprus Border Crossings

auxiant

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Dear All

I am a new member just joined this very useful forum. I will be moving to North Cyprus for work soon. I would kindly need some advice from people who actually live there like you.

I was planning to fly to Larnaca and then cross the border north as there are no direct flight from where I live to Ercan and the stop-over in Instanbul makes the journey very long indeed. I plan to book a taxi pick-up from a North Cyprus company to pick me up at Larnaka.

However I will have lots of personal belonging with me (lots of clothes, ties, shirts, laptop, laptop accessories, books, some medicaments, etc).

In your experience will I have any problems when crossing the border? Will there have any issues at customes, how strict is it and where can I find the actual rules/law?

Many thanks, help help much appreciated.

auxiant

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 23:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Any Help?

Sorry if this seems a silly question, however we get can distorted pictutes from abroad of what it is really like.

I had bad experiences at customs in the the past, and would like to ensure not to have any problems.

Beside tobacco and alcohol, is there anything among typical personal good likely to cause issues?

Many thanks ;-)

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
17/07/2009 14:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Dear Auxiant

Welcome !

I lived in Limas(s)ol and crossed over regularly

You will have NO problem crossing with the RoC / SBA ( British - if at one of their points).. but DON'T call it a "border" until you are on the "north" side.. ;)

Now - when you come to the "north customs" you have a dilemma..... if you are a "tourist" your items would not ( probably) not be an issue - but if the "customs" know you intend to LEAVE them there..

Come on guys.. can we help Auxiant ?

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
17/07/2009 14:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

jUST AS LONG AS YOUR BELONGINGS ARE NOT NEW,YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER

ie.laptop

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
17/07/2009 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

in my experience of flying to lca with a north taxi ,you will have no issues (providing you are law abbiding)

i have crossed on my own ,with partner ,with friends ,with lots of bags ,with little bags,with south hire car ,with north taxi and never had any issues.

now going north to south is different ,especially if you have fags (which is a no no ) or as ive heard property mags or paperwork.

your taxi driver should just complete a white form at crossing point and rest ok .

i take it you are eu passport holder ?

kav

auxiant

Message Posted:
17/07/2009 16:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

yes I am actually a EU Passport holder.

thanks very much to you all for sharing your experience ;-)

Much appreciated

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.