North Cyprus Tourist Board - House Removal / Shipment
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > House Removal / Shipment

House Removal / Shipment

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Shipping threads posted so far

» Read about Shipping Freight to North Cyprus

auxiant

Message Posted:
17/07/2009 00:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

I would need some advice from people who have made a house removal/shipment into North Cyprus.

I have contacted a removal company and they say for personal belongings to enter the country I need to have a detailed list of all items shipping, including also model and serial numbers of all electronics goods.

and.. this list needs to be approved and stamped by a local Turkish consulate before shipping.

.. and the list has to be translated in Turkish.

The rules I was given come from a document for shipping to Turkey and I was wondering if the same woudl apply just the same for North Cyprus. In particilar regarding translations oftehitems list.

Has anyone undergone such a process?

Any help much appreaciated ;-)

It thsi

Karanfil

Message Posted:
17/07/2009 11:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

We moved our furniture and personal possessions over in 2007. We contacted a removal company and they sent us the necessary paperwork. We listed all the things we wanted shipping (quite a task as we had to put everything down and that meant counting sheets, towles, items of clothing etc). We sent that to the shippers who then estimated the cubic metres of shipping we needed and gave us an estimate.

Once we accepted the estimate they came and packed everything (this was an optional extra) and put it into a container. The container was then shipped to Cyprus via Turkey which took about a month.

The shipper's agent in Famagusta contacted us and arranged to meet us in Nicosia and took us to Immigration and Customs. At the Customs office they translated our list into Turkish. The container was delivered to our house about 4 days later and the men unpacked all the boxes under the watchful eye of the Customs man. We had to pay a small amount of duty on two televisions.

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
17/07/2009 14:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

We also had the same sort of exprience as Karanfil apart from having our own container

Wrote everything on the boxes,numbered them and same thing had to be done on papers as well to hand over to shipping co(euromed).We also had door to door service that I'd recommend,they brought our staff over and unloaded the container with custom officer at present.

Had no problem at all.Just paid 200-300tl tax for couple of extra tv

Hope it goes smooth for you as well

hattikins

Message Posted:
17/07/2009 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Just contact Olaytrans, they have recently shipped our goods here and took care of everything, great service which took away all the worry for us.

Olaytrans

Message Posted:
18/07/2009 09:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Dear Auxiant

If you would like to contact me please do to the below email

address. I will be glad to help you.

Best Regards

Senay

customerservices@olaytrans.com

gargar

Message Posted:
21/10/2009 15:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Auxiant,

If you would like to drop me an e-mail I would be pleased to offer any assistance and information required on moving to TRNC. Bargate International offer a complete all inclusive door to door service so you do not have to worry about paperwork, packing or customs procedure, we'll take care of it all.

peter@bargateinternational.com

http://www.bargateinternational.com

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.