North Cyprus Tourist Board - Retiring to TRNC end of September - Some help getting started please
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Retiring to TRNC end of September - Some help getting started please

Retiring to TRNC end of September - Some help getting started please

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Straybearx

Message Posted:
17/07/2009 13:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Can anyone suggest a good self catering option for 2-3 weeks ? (we need this while we look for the villa)

Also an unfurnished villa around Catalkoy v long term rent?

Lastly are generators reasonable cheap or would it be better to bring a 5kva from UK? any help would be greatly appreciated

Coachie

Message Posted:
17/07/2009 14:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Keep browsing thro the board and you are bound to find what you require.Always people letting property or go to the bottom of the page and check out the letting /renting section...

flightholiday

Message Posted:
17/07/2009 14:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

1] How are you getting over?

It might work out little more expensive to have a tour operator option in a cheaper hotel than the flight and rental - some operators have accomodation that is B&B but with facilities to cook in the studio's.

You will have a return flight at the end of the 14 or 21 days - so if needed could "escape" for a short while if things are not going to plan.

Contact us if you like the idea. info@flightholiday.co.uk

2] No answer

3] Are generators so needed as they were in the past and depending on what you are driving would you need one of that size? (More important to protect your goods do you need a decent UPS and anti surge set up?)

Straybearx

Message Posted:
17/07/2009 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Thanks Coachie, have been following the board and been taking lots of advice ie using Olaytrans for removals, also opened a Nation Wide bank account a couple of days ago. This board really has been very helpful I have seen one or two self catering options also one or two villas that may suit but I thought with 11 weeks till arrival it was worth a post. I assume we will be able to sort out a v long term rent before our furniture arrives (3-4 weeks)? Bit of a balancing act getting started (:-

Coachie

Message Posted:
17/07/2009 22:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Straybearx..there is someone down the page advertising a villa for let,drop him a message!!

Straybearx

Message Posted:
17/07/2009 22:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Flightholiday

1. Monarch airways 25th Sept £176 for both of us one way

3. Thought a couple of stand alone aircon units and a couple of PCs would pull about 3-4KVA I take your

point about ups and anti surge. Will be protecting ALL our elect equip with anti surge.

Have been looking at generators with inverters for smooth supply for PCs etc just wondered if there was

any benefits in buying in TRNC other than the guarantee?

Straybearx

Message Posted:
17/07/2009 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Coachie, yep I see it, thanks , we are coming up to 60 and seriously looking forward to a hard earned retirement (:- I understand there is an excess of Effes on the Island? I am certainly prepared to put some serious time & effort into correcting this in balance, be interested in meeting up with any others with similar concerns!!

Barry & Di

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
18/07/2009 17:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Barry and Di welcome to cyprus 44 and welcome to the island

might have some thing for you in the rental stakes and also the property buying stakes if you are interested

please contact erica on e mail martinanderica@cyprus.com for further information and pics

good luck hope you find your dream home

best regards erica

Straybearx

Message Posted:
18/07/2009 20:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Cyprusairsoft, have left contact details for you on your web site

Regards

Barry

KatyMcM

Message Posted:
18/07/2009 23:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

the main thing to consider when you get here is

- DO NOT BUY OFF PLAN

- MAKE SURE YOU BUY ALREADY BUILT PROPERTY - WITH DEEDS

or the generator will be the least of your worries

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.