North Cyprus Tourist Board - Any up-date on Pre 74 TC title deeds?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Any up-date on Pre 74 TC title deeds?

Any up-date on Pre 74 TC title deeds?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

AbbyG

Message Posted:
27/03/2008 15:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Has there been any up-date on the recent reports about the TRNC government no longer releasing Pre 74 TC title deeds to foreigners, or was that all rumour??? Does anyone actually KNOW of people who have been offered 99 year leases instead?

Cheers

Abby

AbbyG

Message Posted:
30/03/2008 10:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Anyone???????

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
30/03/2008 21:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Hi AbbyG

Sorry I've not heard anything about this.

I don't think people are ignorning you, its just that if they don't know anything they tend not to respond.

I'm sure someone somewhere will have an answer.

Karen

AbbyG

Message Posted:
31/03/2008 09:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

It was mentioned on the HBPG website (one of the press releases) and it came up briefly on one of the other threads on this forum recently. I've been notified of a renovation project with Turkish title deeds, but am reluctant at this stage to do anything but sit tight and wait for further clarification. The estate agent recently told me that she had heard that ALL title deeds were now going to be TRNC title deeds with no further distinction, and as she had paid a premium for her Pre 74 TC title deeds she was not very happy at all.

millzer

Message Posted:
31/03/2008 10:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Abby,

The thing to remember is that although the TRNC government now classes all title deeds in the TRNC as the same, looking at it in from the current international 'legal' aspect, Pre-1974 Turkish title deeds are not disputed title like pre 74 Greek Cypriot owned are, and are therefore 100% safe and free from any future dispute.

I can only assume that the reason they are now treating ALL title as the same (in their eyes) is that they want to remove any distinction between what is 100% safe and what is not 100% safe, especially as Turkish title is much rarer.

However, because TRNC gov now don't officially reveal whether title is pre-74 Turkish or not, you need to have another way of establishing their validity (i.e. current owner has the deeds that your solicitor can verify)

As regards previous posts which allude to the government not releasing Turkish title to foreigners, surely the best way to establish whether this is true or not must be to find a good Solicitor/Advocat that can advise you, which one would 'hope' would be a more reliable source of information than replies on a forum.

Martin

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.