North Cyprus Tourist Board - Wellington Estates
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Wellington Estates

Wellington Estates

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» List of North Cyprus Estate Agents

» See All North Cyprus Estate Agent Related Threads

Plec123

Message Posted:
27/03/2008 19:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 78 in Discussion

Hi everyone

I have been looking at property on the internet and was wondering whether anyone had bought from or heard of Wellington Estates. They are advertising property in Karsiyaka which looks very nice. Also has anyone purchased in the Karsiyaka region, if so how are you finding it. When I was there 18 month's ago I loved the area and would like to buy in that region but would like to hear from anybody who has purchased and intending living there.

Thanks

rtddci

Message Posted:
27/03/2008 20:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 78 in Discussion

If they are estate agents, don't appear to be registered see

http://www.hbpg-trnc.net/documents/estateagents_jan08.html

Worth reading advice on that website for advice anyway.

Martin

joandjelly

Message Posted:
27/03/2008 21:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 78 in Discussion

Hi Plec123

I don't know anything about Wellington Estates but I do live in Karsiyaka and absolutely love it. I think it is one of the narrowest points in the North between the mountains and the sea so if you buy here you are bound to have really great views. We also get lovely sunsets and plenty of sunshine in the winter. There are restaurants, bars, markets, butchers, bakers, barbers, internet cafe, etc all in close proximity. We also have a couple of beaches and are close to the Gecitkoy reservoir which is a great place to go walking. We are sufficiently away from the hustle and bustle but still within easy driving distance of Kyrenia. There is still lots of farming going on round here so plenty of fields, sheep and goats.

The only downside is the 5* blot on the landscape hotel that was started right on the seashore and now appears to have been abandoned. Mind you having said that I think it actually might be in Lapta!!!

What more can I say.

Jo

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
27/03/2008 21:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 78 in Discussion

Hi Plec123

Welcome to the Board. Sorry I've not heard of Wellington Estates but the area you are looking at is vibrant. Its a well established area and therefore the planning was much better thought out with plenty of retail units.

Karen

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
27/03/2008 21:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 78 in Discussion

I would worry about these figures though which I've just taken from their Web site.

Market Price Value after 12 months 24 months

£87,000 £104,400 £125,280

http://www.wellestates.com/discounted.htm

As I've said on previous messages I'd really love to know how they get their figures.

Karen

wynyardman

Message Posted:
27/03/2008 23:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 78 in Discussion

Hi PLEC123,

We investigated Wellington Estates about 2 years ago when we thought of buying first.

From my investigations we found them to be a first class and honourable outfit. We visited their sight and found nothing untoward. They have an office in Wales where you can conduct all business. I believe that they have a commercial development in Esentepe. I believe that they are very careful over the title on the land that they purchase.

No! I do not nor ever had any connection with the Company, its management or directors.

Kind regards,

Wynyardman

rtddci

Message Posted:
28/03/2008 00:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 78 in Discussion

I see their solicitor is Munir Akil. I've heard that name somewhere before.....

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
28/03/2008 12:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 78 in Discussion

Hi Plec123

Do not under any circumstances use the same solicitor as the builders no matter what they say to you. If you use an independent one then you can be sure they will be looking after your interest and not the interest of the builder. You wouldn't use the same one as your purchaser/vendor in the UK so don't do it in Cyprus.

For a list of recommended ones have a look on the Homebuyers Pressure Group web site.

Karen

wynyardman

Message Posted:
28/03/2008 20:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 78 in Discussion

Hi Karen,

Very sound advice! However good the builder, you need your legal interests to be handled at arms length.

As for HBPG Marion Stokes offers the BEST unbiased advise to potential homebuyers in the TRNC. She is totally dedicated to helping potential buyers. The advice on The HBPG can be relied upon, BUT SHOULD BE FOLLOWED TO THE WORD! Buying is a very complex situation in the TRNC..

wynyardman

Plec123

Message Posted:
29/03/2008 15:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 78 in Discussion

Hi

I would like to thank everyone who has replied to my question. I have been reading this forum for some time and will definately continue to. I am hoping to purchase a property in the TRNC with a view to moving out there permanently as the place is lovely and the locals are so friendly. Obviously I am very wary after reading everything but there are good stories also.

I was hoping someone may know more about Wellington Estates but now I have mentioned them someone may hear something they can report back to me. Many thanks once again and I will keep reading although I cannot really comment on much as I am new to this. Have a good day everyone.

Regards. Plec123

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
29/03/2008 23:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 78 in Discussion

We have friends who have purchased from said company.

The quality of build appears first class. Have been doing regular checks and taking piccies for our friends.

However ther quality of information is in line with the rest of Kuzi Kibris. ie "do not worry", "yes every thing is OK for electric" "yes you will have mains water"!!! "Yes you will have problems"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We gave our friends a piece of local info and when estate agent was questioned they did not have a clue. When agent contacted developer there was just the usual fob off. Thing is they forget people exchange info on sites such as this.

Yes, we live in Karsiyaka too and it is a great place to live. However you must both drive otherwise you may have problems. That said in the village itself you will be made welcome and if you can learn some Turkish even better. Over last 2 years we have had 50% problem and 50% good will from local people and that is why we stay.

bazilbrush

Message Posted:
29/03/2008 23:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 78 in Discussion

Hi I know Wellington Estates as I have sold around 6 villas there. They are based in Wales and owned by a lovely chap called Les Hardy. I have friends that have moved in on this site and are very happy and happy to give you a viewing of their bungalow. The builder is called Murray and the company is Ground force construction. Wellington also offer uk mortgages and special deals. If you need any further help or advice contact me on stevekibris@hotmail.com

odgy47

Message Posted:
30/03/2008 00:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 78 in Discussion

were in wales are they based

Plec123

Message Posted:
02/04/2008 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 78 in Discussion

Hi

I was just wondering what 'cyprusishome' mean't in there posting, have your friends got problems with electricity and water connections, sorry to sound stupid but I am trying to get all the info I can.

Does anyone else know any other properties in the Karsiyaka area they could recommend I look into.

Thanks

joandjelly

Message Posted:
03/04/2008 18:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 78 in Discussion

Hi Plec123

It would probably be helpful if you could give an idea of the sort of property you are looking for.

Jo

Plec123

Message Posted:
06/04/2008 21:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 78 in Discussion

Hi

Having read many different articles including the minutes of the meeting with the Tax Consultant I am finding things that Wellington Estates have on there internet site not quite as it should be eg. Capital Gains Tax should be paid by Vendor under any circumstances yet Wellington say if they have to pay the Capital Gains Tax they can adjust the price of the property accordingly????

Something not quite right there so am going off this company the more I read and facts I am finding out.

So, the sort of property I am looking for would be at least 2 bedrooms with some garden as I have a dog which would come with me (unless anything awful happened to him before I came to live over there) and either my own pool or the use of a pool. I seem to want a lot when I start writing it down but if anyone knows of anything around the £75000 price in the Karsiyaka area I would be grateful.

Thanks

Plec123

newlad

Message Posted:
06/04/2008 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 78 in Discussion

Hi plec,

You need to get yourself out to n.c. and have a look for yourself at all the different developments or existing builds.This forums great for advice but you need to see things first hand.Good luck,

Paul.

Plec123

Message Posted:
07/04/2008 01:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 78 in Discussion

Hi newlad

I have visited NC twice that's how I know I want to be around Karsiyaka but I was just wondering if anyone had bought in that area and was pleased with there purchase or could recommend others so I could look into them before i come out again.

Plec123

chris72

Message Posted:
30/06/2008 09:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 78 in Discussion

Hi

You said that your friends have bought a property with wellington estates and i was wondering how long the build took from start to finish and how far the development is from being finished as i have seen photos of the site from some time ago and it didnt look as if much has changed.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
30/06/2008 10:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 78 in Discussion

I notice further back some one says they have sold houses on WE site with no problems and how good Mr Hardy is.

After several months of friends trying to pin down Mr Hardy he still has not sorted out the electric problems on site. He tells people in UK things that are blatantly not correct about getting permanent supply, that is we found out on their behalf that the info was incorrect.

However he is no better or worse than any of the developers and estate agents who tell you what you want to hear.

Nobody from the site will comment on here because they are still hoping to eventually get water, electric and Kocan!! However if you visit, go and knock on a door or two.

As for the solicitor mentioned above, if he is recommended by Mr Hardy on his web site I would run in the opposite direction.

Last comment for plec123, do not trust what you are told by estate agents, solicitors or developers without going away and seeking second opinions.

trace

Message Posted:
30/06/2008 14:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 78 in Discussion

Hello

I feel the time has come for me to post my experience with Mr Hardy of Wellington Estates, these are facts and hopefully it will help others make there own opinions. I will try to keep it as short as possible.

After visiting NC a few times, we decided to invest in NC, so 18 month's ago we gave Leslie Hardy £2000 refundable deposit (receipted and signed by himself and agreed with our advocaat) for a Nebula Bungalow on his Karsiyaka Site. We made sure this was refundable as we still had to check everything out regarding the contract etc.

Our advocaat then advised changing quite a few clauses in the contract ie. putting a charge on plot to safeguard us, Mr Hardy paying Capital Gains Tax, adding penalty clauses for late completion and adding a completion date for mains Electricity and Water infrastructure to property. Yes you've guessed correct Mr Hardy would not agree to any of these. Finally we spoke to Mr Hardy and tried to compromise on mains infrastructure date asking him to guarantee it would all be complete in 2/3 years time (this we think was very reasonable) but again he refused to give any indication when it would be complete. We finally decided against purchasing the bungalow from Mr Hardy and asked for our 'refundable' deposit back and was told in no uncertain terms 'you won't be getting that back'.

18 months' later we are still waiting for our deposit back, we have different organisations in NC helping to locate Mr Hardy as yet to no avail, but we won't give up. I know this amount is peanuts to somepeoples loss but this is our hardearned cash and Mr Hardy shattered our dreams of living in NC.

I hope this helps others form there own opinions.

Thankyou for taking the time to read this.

chris72

Message Posted:
30/06/2008 19:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 78 in Discussion

Hi Trace

Thanks for that,it confirms what i thought really.Wellington Estates are building the site as each property is being sold,so if you have bought very early on in the development then it appears that you could be living on a building site for many years to come,not a problem if you are not in a rush to move in,but if the last few plots are not sold,then how long untill the site is complete.

trace

Message Posted:
30/06/2008 22:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 78 in Discussion

Hi Chris

I agree but what would cause me more concern is if the land is mortgaged and they never receive ther Kocans.

Wellington Estates are also advertising a new location in Esentepe where they want investors to invest there hard earned cash also, I hope nobody is getting caught out with this one either.

Does anybody know how many properties Mr Hardy has actually sold on the Karsiyaka site and how many are actually living on the site.

If anybody would like to email me rather than post on the forum please feel free, I would also appreciate anyone with contacts to Mr Hardy to let me know.

Thanks

Trace

trace

Message Posted:
01/07/2008 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 78 in Discussion

If anyone could let me have up to date contact names and contact details for Wellington Estates please get in touch, confidentiality will be maintained at all times. Thankyou.

ibialan

Message Posted:
01/07/2008 13:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 78 in Discussion

Hi Trace,

Their details are: Tel: 01446 760105 and Email: mail@wellestates.com

Warm Regards,

Ibi

http://www.3ipropertypartners.com - North Cyprus Land and Property Investments

trace

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 23:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 78 in Discussion

Hi Cyprusishome

Have your friends managed to sort their problems out with Mr Hardy yet?

I know of quite a few organisations trying to contact Mr Hardy and anyone connected to Wellington Estates (Property Information Office and Marion Stokes to name just two) but they cannot get hold of Mr Hardy and everyone else listed on his contacts are denying any involvement with Wellington Estates!!!!

Why is Mr Hardy unavailable to speak to these people, could it be he is guilty of taking £2000 deposit and not refunding it as he should!!!!

Bazilbrush, if you think Mr Hardy is a lovely chap you want to be more choosy about the people you associate with!!!

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 23:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 78 in Discussion

trace,

I am not sure on current position. I have e-mailed them the 2 threads on this BB and they will decide for themselves about further contact.

Personally, on information received from outside interested parties I think your £2k is gone. This man does have a history here. I would hazard a guess that the one you have challeged in an earlier post is either an employee or associate of the man.

trace

Message Posted:
20/07/2008 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 78 in Discussion

Hi Cyprusishome

I have further investigations being carried out and don't intend on letting him keep my £2k, only when I have received my money back will I give up, I don't like being conned out of money especially when everything was done legally and agreed by all parties.

I cannot believe people are still buying these properties when they can see the site has no elec, water infrastructure etc. are their lawyers not following the guidelines, and I would hazard a guess there is still no building permits approved for the site either.

Mr Hardy apparently has a place of his own in the TRNC in Catalkoy as I understand, so he obviously visits quite often.

I hope your friends have contacted the property information office and Marion Stokes as they are waiting to hear from them.

Laptalocal

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 13:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 78 in Discussion

In addition to the comments about Wellington, I also had Ground Force / Murray as my builder and this wasn't a positive experience either, so probably a good idea to avoid purchasing from either.

Bradus

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 14:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 78 in Discussion

Couldn't be any more straight forward............avoid this company. How come its always Munir Akil acting as advocate for shady dealers? Another one to avoid.

trace

Message Posted:
22/07/2008

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 78 in Discussion

Never a truer word spoken - AVOID THIS COMPANY-WELLINGTON ESTATES

As I said before the people named on Welington Estates contacts list are all denying any involvement with Mr Leslie Hardy and Wellington Estates,I wonder why!!!!!

Once again if anyone would like to email me any further information I will treat it as confidential unless you give your permission to pass it on. I am very interested to hear others experiences with regards to Mr Leslie Hardy, Wellington Estates and Associates.

Thankyou

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 00:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 78 in Discussion

Some body quoted earlier in this thread about this firm being first class an honourable. What a joker they must be.

Any company that recommends the solicitor Munir Akil is obviously corrupt. This person has caused nothing but heartache, distress and fear from purchasers.

trace

Message Posted:
23/07/2008 15:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 78 in Discussion

Hi cyprusishome

This person Munir Akil obviously has history in the TRNC has he been involved with other companies?

Trace

stevo

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 14:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 78 in Discussion

Hi trace

There could be hope for some of us Kib-Tec ref no Ek :107/1448 or is it pie in the sky

trace

Message Posted:
06/08/2008 00:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 78 in Discussion

Hi Stevo

Who gave you this info? Which property have you purchased?

Trace

Aga Buyers A G

Message Posted:
06/08/2008 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 78 in Discussion

This is an intersting story that we feature on our website !

http://trncpropertywarning.freewebsites.com/index.php?p=1_8_Stories-4---Without-Prejudice

trace

Message Posted:
25/08/2008 00:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 78 in Discussion

Hi Stevo

A month since you posted about Kib-Tec any progress?

Trace

blackpoolrock

Message Posted:
28/08/2008 21:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 78 in Discussion

I spoke to Wellington Estates around 2 years go wanting info on buying one of their houses which I liked the design of. Mr. hardy telephoned me and spoke to me for almost 2 hours - he seemed amicable, professional and knowledgeable. he agreed to build two of these houses for me next to each other and connect them - I wanted a large house and guest house facility.

However, when i asked more pressing questions regarding the rights and title of the land (previously I was told it was safe as the Rock of Gibrltar and pre-74 title), and also asking for statements and undertakings to be put in writing to me, he did not keep his appointment to come and visit me or proceed further.

Emails to them were largely ignored (around 12 of them) and I just instinctively felt a reluctnce to part with around £8,000 'refundable' deposits. Glad I did, bcause I was dumped the moment I said I would not send deposits until i was more satisfied with the responses.

I had even discussed the idea of having a cafe built to service the development, in a convenient location to which great interest was given - until I declined to send deposits without even seeing anything in writing or plans. My own feeling was that Wellington Estates and Mr. Leslie hardy were con merchants. The various posts in theis topic seem to confirm what I thought and felt.

My advice to anyone is avoid these people like the plague - and whoever you deal with, listen to your gut instincts - they are usually right. if something sounds or seems too good to be true, the short answer is, it probably is.

Marilyn

Message Posted:
29/08/2008 22:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 78 in Discussion

Hi everyone

I have recently reserved a property from Wellington Estates. Before I gave them any money, I told them about the bad comments in this site.

This is what they said ......

The deposit of £2,000 is not refundable if draft contracts are sent out to a purchaser or their solicitor, or if they draw up special architectural plans for you, so don't expect your deposit back if you change your mind after they do these things for you. This is spelt out on their website.

I have always been able to contact them by either ringing their local representative or telephoning their UK number - 01446 760105. They also reply to every email I send.

The standard deal is that they offer a discount of 7%, provided the customer pays all the taxes, including capital gains. They said they would pay capital gains, but would reduce the price discount if I insisted on this.

I have made it my business to knock on doors and speak with their customers. There is a mains electric supply at the Karsiyaka development and this will soon be upgraded as more houses are completed.

Luv to all

Marilyn

wynyardman

Message Posted:
29/08/2008 22:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 78 in Discussion

Caveat Emptor.

wyn

PtePike

Message Posted:
29/08/2008 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 78 in Discussion

Wyn: "From my investigations we found them to be a first class and honourable outfit. We visited their sight and found nothing untoward."

More words of wisdom from the Efes Oracle?

wynyardman

Message Posted:
29/08/2008 22:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 78 in Discussion

Sorry Pikey,

Throwing out time as usual?.

I am afraid,I speak as I find! Might be difficult for you, but its called INTEGRITY!

Marilyn, who claims to have done Due Diligence (I know what it is I have sold 2 companies to PLCs) seems to have taken the same view!

What is your take? (Oh Prophet of Doom)

wyn

PtePike

Message Posted:
29/08/2008 23:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 78 in Discussion

Wyn,

You started out in this thread describing the estate agent causing so much concern as "first class and honourable" but now you say "buyer beware"? Is it general buffoonery or the drink talking?

Emporer's Clothes...

wynyardman

Message Posted:
29/08/2008 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 78 in Discussion

Pikey,

I told members of this board, some time ago, That your postings were an annoyance to the soul. I see no reason to change my opinion.

I don't do character assasinations! Against the board rules!!

I do not believe the members of this board are the least bit interested in our petty squabbles.

Why don't you give it a rest! YOU HAVE AMPLY DEMONSTRATED YOUR TRUE COLOURS!

wyn (sober but true)

rtddci

Message Posted:
30/08/2008 00:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 78 in Discussion

Marilyn

'I have recently reserved a property from Wellington Estates. Before I gave them any money, I told them about the bad comments in this site.'

I have the suspicion that either you are very naive or connected with Wellington Estates in some way. When you read the comments on this site did you think about joining and asking further questions? Please tell me my suspicions are wrong.

trace

Message Posted:
30/08/2008 01:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 78 in Discussion

I can assure you Marilyn, Wellington Estates are not a reputable company. I agree with 'rtddci' I think you are involved with Wellington Estates as that was your first post and having read the previous posts I think you would have asked a few questions unless you like giving your money away to unscrupulous people. As for the refundable deposit when I paid my deposit it was agreed between Mr Hardy, my solicitor and myself and put in writing this was a refundable deposit because we had not even seen Mr Hardy then and was waiting for Mr Hardy to come and visit us at our home, if he had said it was a 'non-refundable deposit' he would never have seen any of my money.

Funny isn't it Mr Hardy will not answer any calls, emails or correspondence from the Property Information Office and governing bodies of TRNC, surely if he had nothing to hide he would contact them or answer them to clear his name.

Marilyn why don't you go back and show Leslie these comments and pass on I haven't and will not give up until he returns my £2000 deposit!!!!!!!!

bradus

Message Posted:
30/08/2008 01:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 78 in Discussion

I always think that the payment schedule tels you alot about the builder. Wellington have some fantastic designs but they want an initial 50% on the exchange of contracts (that would be before any work has been done) 40% on completion of concrete columns and house frame and finally 10% (£8,250) when keys are handed over.

In other words you have paid 90% for the shell. Finishing off the house would be the most expensive. I would be worried that there would be no incentive to complete wouldn't you?

wynyardman

Message Posted:
30/08/2008 01:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 78 in Discussion

Trace,

Forgive me but if your deposit was refundable, and put in writing with your solicitor present, why dont you sue in The Small Claims Court in the UK, and distrain on Hardy's UK

assets?

When we were considering purchasing on the site, we met a couple who live in a Wellington Estate bungalow on the site, and they spoke in glowing terms of Mr Hardy, the quality of build and their entire satisfaction in the deal they had from Wellinton Estates.

I take note however of your comments posted on this board, and as always I would advise potential buyers that "Caveat Emptor is very much the order of the day.

wyn

trace

Message Posted:
30/08/2008 01:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 78 in Discussion

Thanks Wynyardman for your advice. Marian Stokes has given me some pointers who to speak to in the UK so I am pursuing this, obviously the less said on this forum about it the better.

I do feel I have to keep an eye on posts on any forum as I do not want anybody else to get caught like I have. I loved the TRNC but Hardy shattered mine and my partner's dreams.

Thanks again

Trace

wynyardman

Message Posted:
30/08/2008 01:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 78 in Discussion

trace,

Let me assure you that the best advice you can get on buying property in the TRNC, will come

from Marion and the HPBG .She also has her ear very much to the ground, and can therefore tell you who best to avoid.

I wish you well on resolving this issue.

wyn

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
30/08/2008 01:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 78 in Discussion

Me thinks Marilyn is a plant.

The supply of electric on the site is via an "extension lead" and is what is loosley termed "builders electric". I am not connected to wellington but certainly have builders electric and this is what is supplied here.

The problem is, the more people connected to this supply the less likely you are to have a sustained supply ie try to boil a kettle when your neighbour is already doing the same.

I do not suppose Marylin even exisits except in the mind of Mr Hardie who has a history in TRNC and that is why he resides and sells from the UK.

trace

Message Posted:
30/08/2008 02:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 78 in Discussion

I would love to hear about Mr Hardy's history in TRNC cyprusishome? I wonder whether it is anything like his history in the UK!

Also cyprusishome remind your friends to contact Marion Stokes about their problems with Wellington as she wants to help everyone who is having problems with this company.

By the way 'Marilyn' it is the Vendor's responsibility to pay Capital Gains Tax not the purchaser already you have been conned!!!!! I think you need to ask more questions before you post anything more and stop trying to give Hardy a good name, can't he fight his own battles?

Trace

BillyB

Message Posted:
30/08/2008 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 78 in Discussion

Lets not beat about the bush! Wild Willy, Bloss, Marylin and Hello obviously you are Wellington Estates or connected with them. Seen this so many times before on these sites where developers are not carrying out their obligations in their contracts so they get exposed on these sites for what they really are. Instead of honouring their contracts they assume the general public are as thick as s**t and try and start positive postings to regain their poor reputation. Any company where you pay 50% down and 40% on concrete structure smacks of criminal activity. They've got no incentive to finish off the property under these terms. Bear in mind it's cost them approx £10,000 to get to that stage. Walk away

Pipie

Message Posted:
30/08/2008 11:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 78 in Discussion

Are you aware of the home buyers pressure group that could help with youre problems ? have you signed petition . Hope this helps .

fletcher

Message Posted:
31/08/2008 08:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 78 in Discussion

I live near the Wellington Estates site and I can confirm that people have lived there for over two years without mains electric and water. There are now more finished villas but owners are not able to move in because of this reason.

trace

Message Posted:
05/09/2008 14:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 78 in Discussion

Thanks Fletcher for your posting this confirms some of what I have been warning people about.

I see the Wellington Estates web page has been updated with new properties available I hope people will take note of all the negative postings and stay well clear of any developments by Wellington or they will find themselves in the same position as others.

rtddci

Message Posted:
06/09/2008 01:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 78 in Discussion

My suspicions re Marilyn (msge 45) appear to have been correct.

hagoshirim

Message Posted:
06/09/2008 01:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 78 in Discussion

There is a problem on the island, includes Les hardy, Mark Unwin, Reg Heybetli, Gary Robb plus associates.

trace

Message Posted:
12/09/2008 15:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 78 in Discussion

Thankyou hagoshirim, this confirms all I just hope people read this before buying from Wellington Estates.

Trace

Chessman

Message Posted:
12/09/2008 16:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 78 in Discussion

Doesn't help but mildly interesting.

http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Leslie_Hardy

britvic

Message Posted:
12/09/2008 20:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 78 in Discussion

We were recommended Munir Akil as our soliciter in N.C 4 years ago by an Estate agent (on the now named and shamed and sounds loke onions) and the builder (named and shamed) unfortunately for us our Estate agent, fell out with the builder over money and we were dropped by the Estate agants like hot potatoes the man would run out the back door of the office as soon as he saw us arrive.We went to Munir and he just shrugged his shoulders. We have been dealing with the building firm for 4 years now, and since we have told him our container arrives on the 21-22 September, our phone calls and emails have been ignored, god knows what we are going to find when we get their. If only we knew then what we know now.

simbas

Message Posted:
26/10/2010 11:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 78 in Discussion

This is very strange , how on earth has this topic been resurected without a posting ??

Simbas

dizzycows

Message Posted:
26/10/2010 11:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 78 in Discussion

Wonder how many of the above have got on with all their builders and estate agents?

Now its been brought back perhaps Wyn, Britvic and others can respond! .....

BritishBuyer

Message Posted:
26/10/2010 11:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 78 in Discussion

I presume it's because the posting I had started on Wellington Estates has been closed down, by the request of the company itself.

girne 29

Message Posted:
26/10/2010 12:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 78 in Discussion

dizzycows

I got on fine with my estate agent,but the person in question was quite specific ,and requested info on Wellingtons ,relative to a property purchase.

BritishBuyer

Message Posted:
26/10/2010 19:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 78 in Discussion

'This thread has been closed as per the written request by Wellington Estates.

Although Cyprus44 staff makes reasonable efforts to make this forum as objective and free from bias as possible, we are sometimes obligated to honour the requests by companies to close down threads. '

Can the forum invigilator please explain to this group why exactly the thread Wellington Estates North Cyprus was shut down. What rules did it exactly break please....

cypgab

Message Posted:
26/10/2010 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 78 in Discussion

You mentioned another thread about this - can you reference it?

BritishBuyer

Message Posted:
26/10/2010 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 78 in Discussion

Wellington Estates North Cyprus

cypgab

Message Posted:
26/10/2010 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 78 in Discussion

Have to say I don't understand what is going on?

Has Wellington Estates been libelled in some way?

BritishBuyer

Message Posted:
27/10/2010 00:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 78 in Discussion

Not at all.... All I did was ask about Wellington Estates because I was interested in buying one of their properties.... Without knowing, I opened up a can of worms about this company and as a result have had my thread shut down.

BritishBuyer

Message Posted:
29/12/2010 02:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 78 in Discussion

Looking for more information about this company Wellington Estates can anyone help me here.....

bazilbrush

Message Posted:
29/12/2010 13:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 78 in Discussion

They have been sending emails out to many people advertising their new project in Catalkoy so they are not in hiding. I have not heard from Mr Hardy for a long time now, until this email arrived.

I don't understand why people that are complaining don't go and knock on the doors of the people that live on the estate in Karsiyaka and get some advice or contact information for this company.

Mr Hardy was here a few weeks ago and visited the site, I have been informed by a resident and staying in his small house in Catalkoy, so he obviously is not wanted by the authorities here.

pollymarples

Message Posted:
29/12/2010 15:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 78 in Discussion

Karsiyaka has the distinction of being the area where Kulaksiz 5 homes fully paid for by their owners but mortgaged after the sale and then auctioned by the Bank. I do know there is another development there who are also suffering a similar problem and that there are 1400 purchasers island wide with the same problem.

A much larger figure if you take in the South as well.

Strangely a former member of K5 is painting a wonderful picture of life in Karsiyaka so I can only assume her problems there are over. A little sensitivity for her neighbours who couldn't afford to buy their way out might have been nice.

Plc 23, I have not heard of Wellington Estates so cannot give an opinion. I would suggest you google

Home Buyers Pressure Group where you will find the telephone number for Marion Stokes who will be able to help you. She also has a clinic at the Pia Bella on Tuesdays starting at noon. She is a mine of very useful information.

BritishBuyer

Message Posted:
22/01/2011 13:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 78 in Discussion

Why are there topics unrelated to Estate Agents posted on this forum? What has buying a Vauxhall Astra or a Dress Agency have anything to do with Estate Agents...?

cronos

Message Posted:
22/01/2011 14:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 78 in Discussion

Probably because it's not an Estate Agent forum.

BritishBuyer

Message Posted:
22/01/2011 15:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 78 in Discussion

cronos

It says North Cyprus Estate Agents Forum, not North Cyprus Car Traders forum....

BritishBuyer

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 00:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 78 in Discussion

Where is the showroom in Karsiyaka....?

Harold2555

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 08:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 78 in Discussion

This thread is now closed.

The software that groups threads together in the tabs is sometimes fooled. It happens occasionally and that is a sad fact of forum life. There is nothing to be gained by reposting on an old thread so this one is closed

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.