North Cyprus Tourist Board - Flexible for work; any job considered; sorry, I cannot speak Turkish
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Flexible for work; any job considered; sorry, I cannot speak Turkish

Flexible for work; any job considered; sorry, I cannot speak Turkish

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

mwragg

Message Posted:
21/07/2009 16:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Hi there.

I live in Sheffield in the UK but want to start over in the Girne area. I am self-employed and work in the car industry so I am used to being flexible and doing a little of everything. I am looking for any sort of job to get me going...bar work, office administration, odd job man, etc. Does anyone have anything like this or can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering (but never used it as I got mixed up in motor racing). CV available on request.

Marcus

--

Mobile: +44 7788-924619

E-mail: mwragg@o2.co.uk

--

cronos

Message Posted:
21/07/2009 17:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Hello Marcus.....I'm afraid it is not good news for foreign workers in TRNC.

If you want to work legally you will need a permit ,which is not just a formality , and the jobs available tend to be low paid.

I don't mean to shatter your dreams,but type "Jobs" or "Work" in the search box at the top of the page and you can view previous articles on this topic.

mwragg

Message Posted:
10/09/2009 11:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Thanks for your reply. Yes...I am struggling somewhat. Everyday I look at the forum and there are no jobs, just people on the forum looking for jobs. I realise the jobs are low paid, but the cost of living out there is less than the UK so I thought it would be the same pro rata. Anyway, if you know of anywhere else to look please let me know. Unfortunately a couple of people out there recommended the forum as the best source of information........................

Stubs

Message Posted:
10/09/2009 12:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Marcus

The cost of living in proportion to the salary is shocking.

Salaries will be around the 1000 TL per month mark, unless you already own your own place rent will cost a min of £250 per month which is half you salary. Electric is as expensive in the UK and foodstuffs are nowhere near as cheap as they used to be. You wont find a huge difference in prices compared to the UK for food.

Many people who retired out there are no looking to move to pastures new as there pensions hardly cover the costs of living.

I dont want or give the impression of being negative however you are as well getting as many facts as possible

AlexF065

Message Posted:
10/09/2009 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

if you have the mechanical engineering they are looking for solar techs in the south so you might be better looking at that

I know i shall be doing so very shortly emailing my own CV

http://www.cyprusjobs.com

Also very much easier as the south is an EU country so a GB national has the right to work

mwragg

Message Posted:
10/09/2009 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Thanks, everybody. Really helpful. I realise all the implications of the South being in the EU, etc. However, I am surprised about the cost of living in the north. Unfortunately, I really liked the feel of Girne when I had over 10 days there in June and had this idea to move there!?

Ok, going to have a look on http://www.cyprusjobs.com, although I cannot see much weight in using my Mech Eng degree...I qualified in 1995 and never used it and therefore have no experience in this field.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.