North Cyprus Tourist Board - non EU passport holders
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > non EU passport holders

non EU passport holders

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

meryrob

Message Posted:
01/04/2008 19:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Canadian friend with Filipina spouse wants to fly in to Ercan and out of Larnaca. I believe that the G Cyps have relaxed things for Canadians but I cannot get info about Filipion passport holders anywhere. Any help?

Thanks

ukturk

Message Posted:
01/04/2008 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

hi merryrob

both your friend and his spouse will have no trouble entering north cyprus and obtaining a visa the cost is around £17 and can be obtained in port of entry

now entering the south is a diffrent ball game your candian friend does not need a visa but his spouse if im not mistaken who is philippino and not filipino (thats why you probabley cant get no info on it!!!! LOL) will need a 90 visa which they will have to obtain before travelling the best thing is for them to go down to the cyprus embasy wherever they live and obtain the visa in person

hope this helps

ukturk

elko2

Message Posted:
02/04/2008 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Even if you get a visa, they may refuse entry if you come to Cyprus through "an illegal port" i.e "Ercan" as they put it. Ever since Cyprus joined EU, they cannot do that to EU citizens but they are free to do so with other people.

ismet

daniel

Message Posted:
20/02/2009 15:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

I am an African travelling to the north cyprus. Can travel on the north Cyprus visa in my passport to cross over to the south to watch a football tournament?

Macha

Message Posted:
20/02/2009 16:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

daniel,

You won't be able to cross south into the EU without a visa unless you are the citizen of an EU country or have special dispensation.

Aussie

Message Posted:
20/02/2009 17:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

As an Australian they often ask which airport you came in from when crossing into the South and sometimes they check your passport. I presume if you answered Ercan you would be sent back.

Technically the south (ROC) will only give you an automatic 90 day visa if you enter the ROC first and they could give you trouble if you enter via Ercan and try to leave from Larnaca. An Australian Consular staff member told me the story of an Australian who tried to do this and was put into a holding cell at Larnaca until the Consul convinced the ROC officials to let him go which they eventually did.

EU citizens don't have this problem.

Aussie

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.