North Cyprus Tourist Board - Dogankoy Life Apartments
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Dogankoy Life Apartments

Dogankoy Life Apartments

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Nunu1

Message Posted:
02/04/2008 15:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Larry F,

My Sister is buying a basement flat in Dogankoy. However She got a call 2 months ago to say they cannot sell any of the basement flats due to new Laws just past and will have to take the Government to Court! The Developer claims all building permissions were granted at the time (Over 2 and a half years ago) I flew over to Cyprus some 6 weeks ago with my Sister to see what the hell was going on? To cut a long story short, She has agreed to wait for another apartment at Karaoanglu (Sorry about the incorrect spelling) to be built which there will be no extra to pay.

This is a nice location and a nice gesture from the developer. But this will be a total of over 3 years from signing the contract to getting a property,,,......when She was so close to getting the keys to Dogankoy!

After a lot of research and thinking.....We smell a Rat! it does not add up as to why they cannot sell the basement flats!?

In addition to the above, I recall a progress visit last May to Dogankoy with my Sister, One of the developers asked us if She would like to sell Her basement flat and upgrade (At extra cost!) As He had a lot of customers waiting to buy basement flats!?.............VERY STRANGE and Suspicious!

Not sure what to think on this...just hope it all works out and my Sister gets the keys to Her property in 12 months time for the Karoanaglu property.!!

We talked about compensation etc but got nowhere and dont want to upset the developer....!

If anybody else has purchased a Dogankoy basement flat I would be interested to know their story?

cleos

Message Posted:
02/04/2008 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Hye

There was an earlier thread (yetserday i think) about this appt site. I have posted replies on there. What he (developer) has told your sister is the same as i was told last Nov (we provide updates for several sites and Life at Dogankoy is one) when the site was closed down by the authorities. I spoke to the B'dere and planning dept and they explained that in N Cyprus appts that are in any way below ground level are not allowed. This new ruling was put in place after the Life site had been started - the builder was arguing that the law could not be enforced against him retrospectively. It then turns out that all of his "permissions/permits" had not been agreed prior to the new law - hence why he is now not allowed to sell them. We have seen the workers go into the nearly completed basement flats and rip out the kitchens/bathrooms to comply with the new law (now deemed as storage areas).

I have also seen a letter from a solicitor to other basement owners on the site advising them of the problem and possible solutions - one of which is to swop to the Kararanalou site.

Not sure if this helps or not !!

Nunu1

Message Posted:
02/04/2008 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

cleos, Thank you for your reply and input on this matter. That answers a lot of uncertainties/questions.

Hasmet and Hakan the developers have been very friendly and helpful. Just hope there are no more delays or errors made in the Kararanalou site.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.