North Cyprus Tourist Board - Please can anyone help me
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Please can anyone help me

Please can anyone help me

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Lilli

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 02:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 28 in Discussion

As you all now i take in wiafs and srays. When took the latest one home OK a few fights. To be expected/ THEN after days the love of my life mogo my staffi which i brought here for no reason locked on BJ/ They have lived in harmony for 7 months. I bring bertie home who is scared of his own shadow. Then 10 days later my staff locked ono BJ. I hAve neve in my life been so scared/ I lost mu voice for 3 days/ Now we have to keep them separate which breaks my heart. Mojo is my love te others I adopted hee. Pleas I love them all but Mojo is now in the sinbin as we have to keep them separate.PLEASE CAN YOU offer good advisehandle this. At the mot its shift work. 2 out FOR an hour then the other two. 4 times a day and night plus what i feed and foster xxx

smithy

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 10:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 28 in Discussion

Liz

I feel so bad for you, it must be so difficult but you have to stop taking in the strays its making your life so hard, I know we all feel sorry for them but you will make yourself ill, and its not fair to little Mogo who is the love of your life and other strays are making life impossible for him.

You have to put your foot down otherwise you will end up in Hospital and then where will they be. :((

Take care

Sheila xx

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 11:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 28 in Discussion

Yes Lilli, you have to thnk of your own. I have 5 Maine Coon cats (they are very big cats), that I brought over from England, and the only strays that are ever allowed in our garden that I will feed are the ones that my cats don't mind and that don't pick fights. Mine will win a fight, but did used to come back with some nasty cuts and bites sometimes. So now,if the strays pick fights then I chase them off. I hate doing it, but my cats are my babies, and I don't want them unhappy. I have one stray that has worked out feeding time, and he gives mine 10 minutes then comes in to eat the left overs. They don't mind him and he really looks healthy now. Unfortuntely he won't let me touch him so can't de-flea him, is their anything on the market that goes in the food? I've wormed him as I got some stuff in England that you put in food, but stuck on the de-fleaing. Stella

Tinkie

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 12:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 28 in Discussion

Lilli, sorry to read this, no advice Im afraid, just wanted to say that I hope you can work it out, and that your dog can find a way to co-exist. x

Lilli

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 12:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 28 in Discussion

i Tinkie. Its a nightmare at the moment and so upsetting. I have been told to get both dogs done. It seems this will quieten them down. I will try anything to get them to get back to the way it was xxx

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 13:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 28 in Discussion

Lilli, getting your dogs 'done' is a very good idea, but be warned, it's not always a 'sure thing'!

Here are a couple of clips from Cesar Milan...they won't solve your problems overnight but there are few tips that you can try to put into practise, or at the very least understand why your dog behaves the way he does. After watching these clips i would suggest you google him, for more information on what to do. The idea is that YOU become the pack leader....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgHnp-AD9zk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3XrKkrAZpY

i hope these help a little bit...

DD

fire starter

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 13:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 28 in Discussion

hi lilli,

it sounds to me like there is a power struggle going on in your house, start by making sure they all know YOU are the boss.

make sure nobody is getting any special treatment,( apart from on the quiet for your oldest dog)

you and hubby play good cop bad cop if need be, but try and get control of them one by one. a water spray is something most dogs don't like.

anyone steps out of line, off to the sin bin!

if all that fails you need to consider the fact that something has to give and someone will need to find a new home.

i said this a while back regarding the fostering thing and everyone just thought i was being a bitch, (i wasn't i was trying to help.)

we once had a bitch with a very good pedigree background but all of our other dogs wanted to fight with her, even the nicest one who never had a fight in her life, started with her. sad thing was she had to be rehomed in a home without other dogs. its very scary when it kicks off, but you the owner are in control!!

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 13:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 28 in Discussion

Here is a few more clips that will maybe give you more of an idea as to how Ceasr Milan operates..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_pzWX0IlKA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DX340x0qvY&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBRV2cXC5GA&NR=1

DD

fire starter

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 28 in Discussion

what about keeping a large bucket of water handy, then if they kick off , soak them.

what ever you do , don't get in the way otherwise you will get bitten and be up at the hospital for jabs.

see how it goes . your more than welcome to email me : sharpeisara@hotmail.com or call me anytime.

good luck.

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 13:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 28 in Discussion

When a staffi decides to lock on, a bucket of water isn't going to stop it...what you need to do is distract and divert before the fight begins...a dog does not know what a 'sin bin' is, so putting it in there after a fight means nothing to the animal. A dog is not human threfore words and after actions mean nothing to it, however they do respond to your energy, any vet will tell you that if you are nervous about what the vet will do, the dog will automatically become nervous etc etc...Animlas need to be corrected immediately with calm energy and physical touch to distract and divert.

DD

Lilli

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 13:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 28 in Discussion

Thank you all. FS I did try water but he locked on and it was just no use. I will try the tips mentioned. xxxx

fire starter

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 14:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 28 in Discussion

mans best friend is a dog.

all a dog wants to do is please its owner.

being put in the sin bin, away from the owner who they long to please does work.

dd, i had a kangal, who sadly i had to put to sleep due to incurable health problems.

she went through a stage where she and my giant schnauzer would fight in a big way,( before we knew she was ill) a bucket of water does stop them, tried and tested.

i also own two chinese fighting dogs( shar pei )and have bred them for years. you think a staffie locking on is a problem, then you ain't seen nothing yet. i have a lot of friends with staffies and i can assure you they are pussy cats compaired with shar pei, when they get going.

lilli, needs to take control and be the pack leader, not sweet talk them.

Lilli

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 14:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 28 in Discussion

Hi again FS. I know this now about becoming the pack leader but I just couldnt beleive it when we had 7 months of harmony with them. They were such good friends.I am still looking at the clips DD sent to get advice. Thanks again xx

fire starter

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 14:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 28 in Discussion

sounds like someone is feeling their feet and trying to become pack leader.

have you had them vet checked recently? as we didn't realise our kangal was seriously ill, when she first started to fight our schnauzer. ( she had brought her up from 3 weeks old when she was dumped on us)her brain tummor was unseen for a long time before we realised something was wrong. the vet said it was a common thing in kangal..

maybe there is some underlying cause?

also it has been very hot recently, could one be teasing / wanting to play, and the other wanting to chilli out.?

keithcaley

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 14:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 28 in Discussion

stellasstar1,

Garlic powder added to their food, a tiny amount at first and very gradually increase up to 'a good pinch' a day.

Don't try to rush it - cats hate change!

Keith.

Lilli

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 14:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 28 in Discussion

Thanks again FS. I will take him to the vets to get checked out. BJ has been for his injuries but not Mojo. I will do it now for my peace of mind xxx

fire starter

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 14:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 28 in Discussion

how bad was bj ?

Lilli

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 15:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 28 in Discussion

Thank god the were superfiscial wounds. He has healed very well. Lost one tooth though. He put up a good fight

fire starter

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 15:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 28 in Discussion

or a good challenge as the case maybe.

have you any idea what is triggering the trouble?

do you feed them apart?

Lilli

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 15:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 28 in Discussion

Hi FS I have no idea what just made him turn as they were about to be fed. I usually fed them together. Is that where I went wrong xxx

fire starter

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 15:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 28 in Discussion

maybe, sometime two dogs can live happily together but won't be happy eating together.

mine all get along at meal times, but some dogs we have staying will share a kennel and get along fine in everyway but will need to be fed apart.( or they will fight )

try and split them all up and feed seperately and see if that helps.

(also think about toys ,bones and treats which could cause another fight.)

it may be the problem?

just look at them as naughtie kids, one trying to take the others sweets.

Lilli

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 15:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 28 in Discussion

Thanks for all the advice FS. I will put it all into practice now xx Thanks DD for the clips xx

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 15:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 28 in Discussion

Thanks for reminding me about the garlic powder. I remember now used to give it to my horse in the summer to keep the flies away.

fire starter

Message Posted:
02/08/2009 21:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 28 in Discussion

how did meal time go tonight? any probs to report?

Lilli

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 00:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 28 in Discussion

Hi FS still 2 by 2. will wait until i take Mojo to the vets. BJ wont have any probs he is so chilled out by Im worried now MJ had tasted blood. The three are all so chilled out but I have become paranoid plus the fact an old couple walk past the house every night and Valentine jumps the wall only to be beaten by the old guy He has now reported us to the police who have told me thay will shoot them if it happens again. All i want is for them to have the peace and tranquility we had. I am a nervious wreck xxx

Park_Lane

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 08:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 28 in Discussion

http://www.entirelypets.com/toxicfoods.html

Lilli

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 12:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 28 in Discussion

Thank you Rose. Just goes to show how carefuln you have to be. I didnt realise all these foods were so bad xxx

fire starter

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 17:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 28 in Discussion

lilli.

my tc friends dog got loose one day, she arrived home to find the police about to shoot it. it wasn't doing anything wrong just wandering in her neighbours garden. she had big trouble but managed to convince them the dog would be taken under control. put on a chain, never to be loose again.

put the dog on a chain for its own sake, because they will do it.

the dogs can sence you are stressed, try not to show it.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.