North Cyprus Tourist Board - Title transfer tax, title transfer, issue of kojan - details please!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Title transfer tax, title transfer, issue of kojan - details please!

Title transfer tax, title transfer, issue of kojan - details please!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

Howmuchlonger

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

There is so much info on bulletin boards the HPBG website etc, but I would like details if anyone has them of exactly where/when/how...(assuming PTP received).

1. Where does a buyer pay taxes?

2. Are all taxes paid at the same place, ie buyers transfer tax, sellers stopaj, VAT?

3. When those taxes are paid, you have to complete title transfer within 21 days - How, where?

4. If Title is transferred, but no kojan (Title deed) issued for several months (apparently), what proof of transfer/ownership do you have in the meantime?

Thank you in advance for any first hand info!

Brinsley

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 22:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Halley's comet next passes in 2061, you'll have a better chance then!

Richard

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 22:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Brinsley, you have some really valid comments but when you are an arse, you really are an arse... answer or keep quite....!

newscoop

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 22:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Spot on Carrie.

rowlo

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 23:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

hi msg1 , your solicitor should be able to answer all your questions ,if not , you,re with the wrong one ? this is a public forum ,and replys will differ , as msg 2 clearly shows , hes known as dick ??? locally ,

sunnyday

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 09:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

The taxes are paid as follows:-

1. VAT has to be paid first. This is 5% of contract price & is paid to your builder. But make sure that you get an official Fatura (VAT invoice) from him).

2. When various documents have been obtained from the land registry, the builder pays his stopaj tax at the tax office. This is 4% of the higher of the contract price (converted to TL at a rate depending on the year of the contract ) & the valuation shown on the land registry forms.

3. On the day of transfer you pay the property transfer tax to the land registry. this is 0.75% on the same figure as used in 2 above.

The documents from the land registry only last for a month, but if there is a delay you can go back to them & get them redated.

I believe that the transfer has to be done within 14 days of the payment of the stopaj.

I believe that you are given a receipt at the land registry pending receipt of the kocan.

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
26/08/2009 17:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

I know this post is a few weeks old, but our developer has just asked us to pay Land tax oweing from 2008 before he will complete parcelisation of the plots. This has not been mentioned above. Its not an awful lot and if it gets me my deeds i for one am all for paying it, but there has been some rebelion in the camp. Has anyone else been asked to pay this tax?

brandysour

Message Posted:
26/08/2009 19:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

We have been asked to pay the Builders taxs before they part with our Kocan.

BigBen

Message Posted:
26/08/2009 21:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

I agree with sannday. +

The registration has to be done with in 30 days from the date of land registy vauation. If the stopaj is paid and transfer is not complited, with n that date, the valuation has to be done again. If the value stays the same, no problem you can complete the transfer. If the value is increase, the seller will have to pay the additional stopaj.

Also, the rates has to be paid and the receipt for 2009 has to be shown at the land registry.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.