North Cyprus Tourist Board - kar dogs home what a joke
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > kar dogs home what a joke

kar dogs home what a joke

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

martin

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 18:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 21 in Discussion

u see them in the paper all the time trying to get more money for the place

why do they close at 1 ????????????????????

i went there at 10 past one and the staff were less then help full and rude

if you pick a stray dog or cat up that has anything to do with kar they want 50 ytl and if you do not pay it

they want the dog or cat back ??????????????????????

They just make no sense to me at all

dose any one else agree or am i wrong ???????????????????????????????????????

spider

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 19:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 21 in Discussion

No comment its a little like the North/South..Who ones what/lost what Threads..very Tired of them..and they still keep on coming!!! Whats the price of Coal today.???

Spider,X

Quarmby

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 21 in Discussion

Martin

I suppose you work all day do you? they close at one to the public but work still carries on after one. if you went to the bank at 1.10 and it closes at 1.00 do you expect to be served? i do not agree with you, why not go and do some volunteer work for them instead of moaning, get a life!

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 20:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 21 in Discussion

Quarmby why have you been so rude to Martin..he was simply asking questions...KAR SUCK to use an american euphanism...

You always defend KAR no matter what they do or how badly they handle a situation..you must have some kind of interest in the place!!

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 21 in Discussion

To correct my spelling euphemism :( blushes lol

airy____fairy

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 21:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 21 in Discussion

oh dear dear seems like another topic about KAR have we not heard enough on this subject.

Well said Quarmby !!!!!

deecyprus - why was quarmby rude - Martin asked ' dose any one else agree or am i wrong ' well obviously quarmby thought he was wrong - and is surely entitled to that opinion.

why do people not start being more proactive as 'DD' has suggested with this 'fostering' system or simply go up to KAR and help and stop posting pointless posts slagging off KAR - whether you agree with the policies of KAR or not without them this island would be overrun with unneutered cats and dogs!!!!! a much bigger problem than there is now.

CJtill

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 21:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 21 in Discussion

You are wrong in a big way.

You obviously dont appreciate all the hard work that needs to be put in to look after so many unwanted animals, and though the centre apparently closes to the public at 1pm, work goes on still with the cleaning, feeding and all the strenuous chores involved, especially during the hotter months of the year. May I humbly suggest that instead of going off on one, you offer your services and try and help out for one day a week and see how you feel when at 1.10 someone pitches up and............

Michael.

gylden

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 21:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 21 in Discussion

KAR is a charity, depending on goodwill. NOT a bank.

Compared to, lets say 10 year ago, we do have more stray dogs.

Today and then KAR neglected to do something about the puppies, (neutering) leaving it to you and me to find homes fore them. With the result, that these dogs within a short time would have puppies and .....

pinkchilli

Message Posted:
07/08/2009 00:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 21 in Discussion

Martin.

May I ask why you decided to visit?

Regards

PC

puppylover

Message Posted:
07/08/2009 08:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 21 in Discussion

Martin

Were you actually aware before your trip to the centre of the opening times?

As CJtill states in message 7....they close at one to visitors but the few workers that are there don't down tools and go home.

The rest of their day is spent cleaning out kennels and feeding the many dogs and cats as well as giving attention to some of the animals that are in need of medical care.

Tinkie

Message Posted:
07/08/2009 08:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 21 in Discussion

Martin, sorry but I think you are wrong too. I posted recently on here about a Golden Retriever, KAR did exactly what they said they would do, when they said they would. They are over-run and they might not do things the way every one on here thinks they should but they do what they can within their resources. Give them a break for goodness sake.

frontalman

Message Posted:
07/08/2009 08:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 21 in Discussion

When we took a dog off their hands we were asked to pay 50TL for it. I was a little surprised but paid up anyway, the dog had been treated and neutered (which all costs money). Our last addition turned up in a field next to us, tagged and neutered. We contacted KAR to find out about the bitch's history. We told them we were keeping her and that was that. Once they put them back on the street, their involvement ends, I believe.

fire starter

Message Posted:
07/08/2009 09:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 21 in Discussion

most rescue's in the uk will also charge a small fee when you take a dog home.

kar's is at busting at the seams point, do you realise how long it takes to even feed and clean behind that amount of dogs?

i can imagine as i am doing ten at the moment and it takes the best part of an hour just for food.( then add cleaning, walkies and any special needs the dogs may have)

so do the math they can't be open 24/7 for visitors.

Amber

Message Posted:
07/08/2009 09:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 21 in Discussion

KAR close to the public at 1pm - staff stay on longer than that to clean and feed the many many animals they have in their care.

Once again people choose to slag them off when they do not have the full facts.

mikea11

Message Posted:
07/08/2009 10:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 21 in Discussion

I have tried very hard to think of a response to the first question without getting too emotional, you see I volunteer up at KAR three days a week, I am one of those who turn up to feed the dogs, clean them out either from where they have slept the night before or keep them as clean as possible during the day, cook the food for them (some are fed three times a day), make sure their bowls are clean and topped up, I could go on, we start at 8 and finish at 4 and yes we do close at 1pm so that we can have a break before the last feed gets prepared (this can take an hour) and then we feed them, tidy them up and bed them down for the night. I don't do it to look for praise it's because I care for the animals so for those people who continually moan and whinge I get a little frustrated and hurt by the comments, things are not right all of the time but we try to make a difference, instead of moaning get yourself up there, do some grooming,bath the puppies, anything helps, thankyou & rant over

fire starter

Message Posted:
07/08/2009 11:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 21 in Discussion

mike,

i know how hard you must all work , well done!

Quarmby

Message Posted:
07/08/2009 14:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 21 in Discussion

MSG 15

well let's hope the NON consructive critics, either put up or SHUT UP once and for all.

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
07/08/2009 16:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 21 in Discussion

Mike

Well said mate. For those who are not aware, having spoken to the manager at the centre earlier this week, KAR have over 270 dogs in the centre at present (adults and puppies), so even the most sceptical of people must appreciate how long it takes to clean up and feed this many animals.

Please give KAR a break !!!

Regards

Paul

Codger

Message Posted:
07/08/2009 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 21 in Discussion

Here we go again

What happened to the KAR bashers alternative plan to deal with stray dogs?

The KAR bashers clique are very brave at criticising but ask them for an alternative method and they go silent or result to insults.

I would suggest that this post is a wind up from one of the clique to restart a slanging match of which they revel in.

Codger

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
07/08/2009 18:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 21 in Discussion

Mike and other supporters of KAR, unfortunately some engage mouth before engaging brain. It could be the sun or it could be the Efes or a mixture of the two.

I think it is now time to put this thread to bed.

AJ

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
07/08/2009 18:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 21 in Discussion

This thread is now closed. Reason: Thread was addressed and no need for further posts.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.