North Cyprus Tourist Board - Most lawyers in TRNC do not charge for Consultation
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Most lawyers in TRNC do not charge for Consultation

Most lawyers in TRNC do not charge for Consultation

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

elko2

Message Posted:
08/08/2009 02:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

I am aware of the fact that the time of a lawyer is his stock but most lawyers in TRNC do not charge for consultation. Most consultations result in new work for the lawyer so in my view its a wise policy. The other point in question is the fees. When you sign a retainer you can sign it so that you will pay the lawyer in accordance with the official rates and you can always ask the registrar for "taxation" as it is called. The other option is to sign a special retainer stating the fee to be so much or a percentage.

ismet

HildySmith

Message Posted:
19/09/2009 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

I agree with this.

I was disillusioned with my ex-advocate and consulted a new one. He gave me a consultation and read my contract and highlighted the 'holes' in it and other documentation. He then reviewed all my documents and I received a written statement and full consultation about the situation we were in, In addition to this we received written costs for specific actions to be carried out. When I instructed him to go ahead with an injuction if necessary and offered to email him with these instructions, without waiting for me, he stated that he would not do this unless we discussed the implications of the situations and actions to be taken - my ex advocate would have bitten my hand off and asked for the money immediately. He is there when I wish to speak to him. Speaks very good English, Explains things very well, talks to your not at you.

Molly

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 09:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Ismet, this information is very helpful and I think it should be made a "sticky". No idea how you get it though.

There are so many people who are in very difficult and often sad circumstances who have not taken further legal advice because they are so scared of being ripped off.

titledeed

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 10:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Thats my Molly,always the cautious secretary,are you popping in to see Ismet this evening,enjoy your day

Molly

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 10:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Tom - I don't know you and I don't know Ismet.

If you have nothing constructive or helpful to say then find a busy road to play on. I have no time for negative and nasty people.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.