North Cyprus Tourist Board - New Property Warning Website
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > New Property Warning Website

New Property Warning Website

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

victoriasloss

Message Posted:
27/04/2007 17:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 25 in Discussion

http://trncpropertywarning.freewebsites.com/index.php

Please help us to help others to keep the beautiful TRNC special, not a haven for money grabbing criminals

Toon Army

Message Posted:
27/04/2007 21:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 25 in Discussion

Not too sure about you or your site. After reading your message and logging on to your site then reading all the info plus going to all the links and reading all them I am still not sure.Are you a conerned buyer or just another scam possibly from the south of Cyprus trying to put people off buying in the TRNC.To say you love the beautiful north you are very negitive.What about all the positive stories of people buying in the TRNC.I have several friends who have bought out in the TRNC over 5 years ago and have had no problems and have been visiting every year.What do other readers think?

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
27/04/2007 21:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 25 in Discussion

I'm not going into that site Toonarmy as my anti-virus kicked in and said it was some sort of spyware, adware website!

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
27/04/2007 21:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 25 in Discussion

Victorialoss - who are you? Where are you from?

victoriasloss

Message Posted:
28/04/2007 13:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 25 in Discussion

We are just the son and daughter of a couple who have lost their life savings to a developer in the TRNC. We are not political nor are we ajoined to anything else, just very very upset to see our parents, now in their twilight years struggling to make payments on a loan for which they have nothing to show, whilst the builder swans around the TRNC in his new cars.

We have been contacted by numerous persons in the same position and we are only trying to highlight the possible pitfalls. This is why we added a column "good guys" not everyone is a criminal. Hope this answers any question

PS Boredhousewife, I live in Reading

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
28/04/2007 17:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 25 in Discussion

I am sorry to hear about your parents' loss and I am sure there are others in your situation too and its not a nice situation to be in, but unfortunately this sort of thing does happen all over the world and not just in TRNC.

Have you employed a good lawyer to help your case?

I am a very positive thinking person and its a shame to see messages come up like this.

All the best

victoriasloss

Message Posted:
04/05/2007 15:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 25 in Discussion

We have new stories added daily to the website.

http://www.trncpropertywarning.freewebsites.com

As for lawyers, who do you trust, some of them out there are so crooked and in with the builders its a minefield. We have had loads of stories but some have requested to be unpublished for the time being

Vikki

flossie

Message Posted:
04/05/2007 20:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 25 in Discussion

I have sent a message to Victoria recommending a good builder and to her credit she has posted it along with another recommendation. So come you satisfied buyers send the names of the good guys.

flossie44

Susie

Message Posted:
06/06/2007 16:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 25 in Discussion

I looked at the website - it really uses shock tactics which i don't think are necessary. These issues are not unique to TRNC Warn people by all means but some people are their own worst enemies -

I have read some of the purchasers letters, one couple paid in full up front for an off plan property (because they were offered a discount)

Another 'lent' their builders wife £2000.

Another couple signed a document (Which they couldn't uundertsand) which was presented to them at their door. They thought it might be for electric - but it was a court summons

Would you do these things in the UK??!!

I also note that BRITISH builders in the TRNC have worse reputations than the Turks!

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
06/06/2007 21:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 25 in Discussion

Savyon Ltd have so far been excellent. Done everything as promised. Would definitely recommend them and buying in North Cyprus.

Some people are unlucky but then they dont always do their homework properly!

Bradus

Message Posted:
06/06/2007 22:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 25 in Discussion

I also think that my builder/solicitor are honest and that I will be happy with my purchase. However I have to say that the "I'm alright Jack attitude" saddens me. People have lost their life savings and their dreams of a happy retirement.Yes they made mistakes but does this mean they deserve to be fleeced? It is only by hearing and shariing experiences that many people have been prevented from falling into similar traps. This is not so much scaremongering as pointing out the pitfalls. Discussion rather than denial and dismissal may help address many of the legal loop holes that have allowed such things to happen.

DONTY

Message Posted:
07/06/2007 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 25 in Discussion

victoria

sorry bout your folks loss but your website is so indiscriminate that it offends me.

you say:

'There is a criminal element attached to many of the Estate Agents, Developers and even more worryingly Lawyers within the TRNC'

where on earth did you get such information? it a bit like me saying that everyone living in Reading is utter fool and is ripe to be ripped off just because you bought from Aga Developments!!!!

You say:

'Not only did we come here for a better quality of life but also with the hope that our investment would improve the quality of life for all citizens of the TRNC and not just a chosen few'

what a load of rubbish... you bought here to improve the lives of others???? NO WAY.... you bought cos you like it here and thought you could get a great investment otherwise why not just send your cash to your chosen charity.

there are thousands upon thousands of people who have happily and successfully purchased here and all you are doing is devaluing our investments because you were naive enough to buy the cheapest thing going from a british wanted criminal!

next time do you homework and dont be so greedy.

Oknala

Message Posted:
08/06/2007 02:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 25 in Discussion

Sorry, I think this is a link to a v good website, and I do personally know of 2 families who have lost money, they are trying to get it back through the courts, and I wish them luck.

I think if you do a google seach you will find that this site has been set up by some very brave people who just want to warn others of the dangers. I say brave because I, in my opinion, believe they have disregarded threats they have had to carry on and warn investors of what can happen, and good luck to them. Check them our first before you condem. Their endevours may well end up in a change in the property developers law in this area, in which case we will all be grateful to them.

I'm OK, got my property, no complaints, but there are others who have been taken.

DONTY

Message Posted:
08/06/2007 11:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 25 in Discussion

Oknala

the vast majority of people who were ripped off were buyers of Aga Developments properties and to say 'There is a criminal element attached to many of the Estate Agents, Developers and even more worryingly Lawyers within the TRNC' is absolute fabrication. Most are hard working honest people and the con merchants are in the minority. i understand that they are hurting but to lash out indiscriminately is out of order.

if you were to get mugged by an asian doesnt mean that all asians are rotten does it?

or just because someone from Reading came and bought a property that was half price compared to everything else and didnt think something was up doesnt mean that everyone from Reading is a fool.

dont you understand that these people are devaluing your property.

Littlenige

Message Posted:
08/06/2007 19:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 25 in Discussion

'There is a criminal element attached to many of the Estate Agents, Developers and even more worryingly Lawyers within the TRNC' is absolute fabrication.

No it is not the atourney general has evidence of this ..and has not yet acted.

I know of and can prove that lawers have acted illegally and coruptly they have been reported to the trnc law society but we have had no feed back yet !!

As they are still practicing and acting illegally ( one more case came to light this week) then one must assume that barrow ( trnc law society ) condone corruption and illegal practice.

Oknala

Message Posted:
09/06/2007 02:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 25 in Discussion

Please don't misunderstand what I was trying to say -there are good and bad in every society and I do strongly object to:

"if you were to get mugged by an asian doesnt mean that all asians are rotten does it? "

If somebody has had a bad experience and wish to avoid somebody else having the same, what is wrong with that?

I've had a good experience buying my property, and don't mind telling anyone who wants to know where I bought it and how good my solicitor has been.

Bradus

Message Posted:
09/06/2007 21:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 25 in Discussion

You are right Donty devaluation of property will occur as a result of well publicised scams.There is already lots of competition when selling and buying property which keeps prices low. If on top of this we then scare away potential buyers by broadcasting that it is not safe to buy in North Cyprus we make the situation worse. However the way to deal with this is to be proactive and find ways of preventing this from happening, not bury your head in the sand. I know if I was buying I'd welcome any information that identifies the good and bad in this industry. I wish it was just Aga purchasers that had been ripped off but sadly Littlenige is correct in what he states.Perhaps like Boredhousewife says, some people need to do their homework.

malcy

Message Posted:
10/06/2007 23:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 25 in Discussion

We have recently spent a very pleasant two weeks in our apartment in Alsancak.The builders were Nurel&S two very pleasant and helpful young local builder -developers.We have no complaints with the build quality ,and the after sales although a little slow is good.We would recommend this company.

DONTY

Message Posted:
11/06/2007 10:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 25 in Discussion

Oknala

i object to the wording of the website so we are both in the same boat.

these people have been hurt and in return are lashing out at the property industry in North Cyprus in general and this is no different to my statement re muggings.

i would be very happy for these people to name the bad guys and say why they are bad rather than just insinuate everyone is bad. having a page for naming the good guys is also very open to abuse as anyone with a motive can offer up the name of a builder good or bad.

in conclusion

do not believe too much you see and read on websites as you have no idea of the source. your best option is to come and see for yourself and also question previous buyers (in person if at all possible)

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
11/06/2007 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 25 in Discussion

I say no-one continue with this link otherwise it will be constantly be at the top of the list and people may continue writing about this nonsense thread. if we ignore it then it will get lower and lower down he list and hopefully fade away!

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
11/06/2007 16:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 25 in Discussion

I am not sure we can stick our heads in the sand

Yes the website is over the top, an overreaction and can sadly detract people from buying and yes impact on our investment price, however I firmly believe it is in our interest to losely support the intent of this website and the HBPG.

If you want your house properties to go up you need the rule of law to be strong and enforced. It is only from this base that you will see trust and economic growth followed by property price increases. The TRNC and it's people also benefit. Of course the downside of this is that you may lose the quitessential charm that NC offers (this is simplistic as there are other factors involved)

Perhaps we should be contacting Victoria Loss to tone down the site although her overriding intent is to shame, embarrass and economically hurt the TRNC government in to taking action to rectify her parents situation? (I can't say I wouldn't do the same as her)

Bradus

Message Posted:
11/06/2007 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 25 in Discussion

I agree ilovecyprus if it was my parents too I'd use any available tactics to make public the circumstances, not just to get a satisfactory outcome but also to prevent people from falling into the same trap.The hbpg have done some marvellous work and as a result there is a wealth of information available to potential purchasers, particularly the do's and don'ts.They are also negotiating with people who have the power to make changes which will improve the situation so that with time the reputation of the TRNC will be greatly improved. It saddens me that this "I'm all right Jack" attitude prevails but as mentioned in previous posts some people that took this stance are now the ones shouting for help. Its amazing how dismissive people can be until it happens to them.

DONTY

Message Posted:
11/06/2007 21:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 25 in Discussion

its got nothing to do with 'im alright jack' .... i just detest people shooting from the hip with a sawn off shotgun.

Littlenige

Message Posted:
12/06/2007 08:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 25 in Discussion

Donty

Believe me at time if I had a shotgun I would not have been shooting from the hip!!

The frustration with estate aggents who say they care more but gave money to builders when they knew not to.

The frustration with lawyers who knew there was already a contract in force and had not been cancelled on the property you paid for, also their constant lies,

The frustration with police after you provide evidence of Fraud.

The frustration with fellow ex pats that say 1) well we might as well pay an extra £ few thousand to get this that and the other 2) do not upset the builder as this that and the other might happen

Believe me if i could have got a shotgun the lawyer estate agent and builder would all be limping

fastclick

Message Posted:
12/07/2007 11:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 25 in Discussion

Good or bad can all the unfinished stuff just be finished off before new stuff is started, it all looks so ugly. And of course NEVER use Unwins

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.