North Cyprus Tourist Board - T.R.N.C. Serious Problem in Restaurant (Nuts)
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > T.R.N.C. Serious Problem in Restaurant (Nuts)

T.R.N.C. Serious Problem in Restaurant (Nuts)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

» Kyrenia Restaurants

» Famagusta Restaurants

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
09/08/2009 16:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

OK hopfully got you attention, please read various threads on Indian Restaurant Debate topic, lets se if we can help Chezzi,,and also any one else, who may have this same dreadful problem any suggestions welcome, Thank You

Lilli

Message Posted:
09/08/2009 17:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Hiya Johhny if a customer lets you know in advance then we do have a duty of care. We have walnuts in one of our dishes but i explain this as does the menu. If Chezzi ever comes in we will make a meal to his needs. We do this for wheat intolerance etc. We only need to know beforehand. We cater for all dietary requirements and perhaps TC restaurants do not understand. I know in UK everything had to state whats in the dish but here is so different xxx

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
09/08/2009 21:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Lilli, from what I gather you do run an extremley good establishment, unfortunatley most of the locals here are not really given the strict guidance, ie. the local enviormental health etc. that we received in the UK whilst being a pain in the bum, they are essential, I do think the idea posted on the Indian Restaurant Debate topic, by Jo and Jelly would be a very good idea, In fact for any one visiting any foreign country, with any serious allergy, simple but could save a life,

chezzi

Message Posted:
10/08/2009 00:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Hi again JohhnyLee,

Sorry about all the trouble caused here! We did stay at Riverside when we were waiting to take possession of our villa, so luckily wont have to go to places like Acapulco again! It was horrible!

Lilli, I would love to come and visit your restaurant, especially as we have heard so much about it on this forum, whereabouts are you? we are back out in August, by the way I am a "she"!

CX

jashan-indian

Message Posted:
10/08/2009 00:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

hello chezzi

i am very very sorry about your,s son problem wich happend to my restaurant.my waiter realy made a very big mistake.i do apologise from me and from my waiter.this will never happend again in any of my restaurants .i understand how serieus this could be.pls pls forgive us.and when you come to cyprus with family be a my guest and i will make sure that we will cook food for your,s son with out any nuts and other things wich he got problem from.i already send you email saying very sorry but you did not reply.pls say sorry to your,s son from me as well.i wish him very good health and long life

regards

riaz

chezzi

Message Posted:
10/08/2009 00:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Riaz,

Thank you for your reply here and also finally replying to the 4 emails I sent to you regarding this when and after it first happened, I did not respond to your reply as you explained and clarified the problem was probably the cashew nuts contained in the Peshwari nan bread., or that your waiter gave me the curry wihtout nuts and my son the one with! Peshwari normally only have coconut and sultanas in them in the UK, so are ok for him here. He is NOT allergic to coconut.

Yes it did happen in your restaurant at Orleandar, I was not going to mention that on here, but it also happened 2 years ago at Jashan's when my son was very ill outside in your car park and you cooked him another meal without nuts to take home, you may remember this also!

Thank you for your kind offer, but I very much doubt my nervous system can cope with the risk again for a 3rd time, which is a shame as the meal was very nice and we are all real Indian food fanantics!

Regards,

Chezzi

jashan-indian

Message Posted:
10/08/2009 01:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

hello chezzi

thanks very much for replying.pls when you come to cyprus next time and give me a call and may be you come to the restaurant were i am that evening.and i will garanteed you will not have any problem.

regards

riaz

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.