North Cyprus Tourist Board - Mongolian Restaurant, Bellapais - Your comments please
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Mongolian Restaurant, Bellapais - Your comments please

Mongolian Restaurant, Bellapais - Your comments please

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

» Read about Bellapais Monastery North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Restaurants

» Famagusta Restaurants

happyhere

Message Posted:
09/08/2009 18:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Had one comment from the Mongolian restaurant in Bellapais. Said it was fantastic. You can choose what meat, veg and sauce you want and the chef will cook it for you. 35 TL per person. Has anybody else tried it please and what are your comments? Thankyou

waddo

Message Posted:
09/08/2009 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Did not even know that it was there. Where is it?

gillken

Message Posted:
10/08/2009 10:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Tried it once in the UK, fun experience, but the food was awful, that was my fault, my combinations were awful.

Also by accident visited a Chinese restaurant in Spain that worked on the same principal, that was by far the worst, thought I would be OK as I can throw up a good stir fry, It was horrible, veg totally raw yuk.

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
10/08/2009 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Saw the ad in CT. Wondered about choosing mixtures yourself - how would I know how to select Mongolian ingredients?

Worse for wear, I once had a pizza cooked to my own selection in Italy and chose apricots amongst other ingredients.....

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
10/08/2009 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Gillken,

I am guessing that you if you are not good at putting ingredients together, the restaurant should be able to advise you or have a few set meals so that you don't have to worry about getting it right.

I only suggest this because this is what happens in the Mongolian restaurant in Manchester .... I know we are a long way from Manchester, so it may be worth asking about before you book!!

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
10/08/2009 20:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Had a chinese meal cooked liked that in China, you walked along choosing which foods you wanted then at the end they put it in a big wok and cooked it, it was delicious.

essexgirl

Message Posted:
11/08/2009 14:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Can't see that its THAT complicated !

You take a plate and select what raw ingredients you like, be it prawns, salmon, steak strips, pork or whatever -if you like veggies, add some beansprouts, chopped onion, sliced peppers, mixed veg (more or less depending on how much you like veggies and which ones) or whatever, and then pass your plate to the chef to cook with the sauce of your choice, chile if liked, or just plain soy and oil. Delicious !!

The thing to remember is that just because its called 'Mongolian', doesn't mean you won't recognise the foodstuffs -basically they're all chinese !!!

Susie

Chegwin

Message Posted:
11/08/2009 14:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Mongolians wont like being called Chinese!

Chegs

happyhere

Message Posted:
11/08/2009 14:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Waddo,

The Mongolian Restaurant is on the Bellapais road at the top on the left hand side before you get to the Army base and the mini roundabout. A newish building. I think it used to be Arty Art. There is parking round the back.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
11/08/2009 14:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Susie,

Whilst a I agree with you in the case of putting raw ingredients together should not cause a problem, you just put what you like in, I think the problem comes with a) what works together and b) the flavourings, which you need to make the meal taste good and there must be alot of people, like me, who are not natural cooks and those who are not cooks at all.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.