North Cyprus Tourist Board - Message from New Member Frankie: Transporting dogs to Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Message from New Member Frankie: Transporting dogs to Cyprus

Message from New Member Frankie: Transporting dogs to Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
05/04/2008 10:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

hi everyone,hoping to move out to n,cyprus in next few months.Concerned about the two small dogs we are going to bring out with us.Have read several reports of appauling treatment whilst in quarantine, any one enlighten on this. Also any idea of the cost of getting these mutts over to n,cyprus....thanks,any info would be greatly appreciated...frankie.

rocky

Message Posted:
05/04/2008 10:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

isnt there loads of dogs over there and a charity in NC with dogs that need rehounding sorry rehousing, if you leave your dogs here on the street they should be ok

chrisnay

Message Posted:
05/04/2008 10:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Sorry orangekassie to jump onto your thread, but been meaning to ask the below for a while and thought it would be a good add on to yours.

Also, do animals have to be brought in via Turkey, or could I bring mine in via Larnaca. And, whilst in quarantine, is there a respectable hotel or serviced apartments near the kennels.

Thanks

Chris

chrisnay

Message Posted:
05/04/2008 10:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Sorry meant frankie not orangkassie,

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
05/04/2008 11:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

was just about to say "not my thread".

I'm not sure where the quarantine premises are. I thought they were in Lefkosa but it would make more sense if they were in near to the port in Famagusta. There are hotels in both destinations which you stay at.

Karen

chrisnay

Message Posted:
05/04/2008 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Have already been told kennels in Lefkosa but no idea where.

Chris

ukturk

Message Posted:
05/04/2008 11:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

hi guys

firstly the kennels are located in lefkosa quite near the government buildings, the only way you can bring your dog into cyprus is via turkey not from the south both turkish airlines and cyprus turkish airlines provide these services but turkish airlines are more frequent

once you have got all the dog chipped and all jabs and all the paperwork you book your ticket and it is counted as excess baggage, then as soon as you touch down in ercan the airport will contact the duty vet and will then take your dog to the kennels and you are responsiable for going down their and feeding your dog and excercising it in the grounds

i have the perfect person who can do all the airport and kennel and vet admin work for you she is very experianced in this field and does it all the time her name is margaret ray if you contact her just say erkan from turkey put you in contact with her and im sure she will be able to help and her fee is very reasonable her email add is margdaveray@yahoo.com

hope this helps

ukturk

jokers2theright

Message Posted:
05/04/2008 12:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

About 1,000.00 pounds incl air ticket and jabs (for 1 dog) thats what I paid and İ didnt use a pet transport company in the UK I just bought the pet carrier the ticket turned up at Stansted and we checked in and he was on the same flight as me in the hold.

chrisnay

Message Posted:
05/04/2008 12:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

ukturk

many thanks for your help, I have already written to Margaret.

Will post any further info I get.

Again, thanks

Chris

frankie

Message Posted:
05/04/2008 22:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

hi,just a quick thank you for the info returned to me re..bringing our two small dogs over to n.cyprus....many thanks...frankie,

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.