North Cyprus Tourist Board - What a sauce a new low in uk
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > What a sauce a new low in uk

What a sauce a new low in uk

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Bladerunner

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 10:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 32 in Discussion

Crooks are robbing brits after squirting them with tomato sauce.Gangs are thought to be from greece or spain.Targeting london and kent 67 year old lady roobed of handbag

Coachie

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 12:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 32 in Discussion

NOT British yobs I see...Bloody foreign hooligans getting our own hooligans a bad name!!!!

teatime

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 12:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 32 in Discussion

Where have all the moral's gone, old people used to be respected, now they are seen as an easy target. My old mum (94) got robbed by con men posing as water board officials, so this sort of thing really makes my blood boil. Just wish I could have got my hands on them.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 12:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 32 in Discussion

So where was our wonderful police! bet they told the old lady to not moan and that she shouldnt report it as it would not look good on the crime stats!! poor hooligans, they possibly given a human rights form to fill out so they could claim damages against the little old lady for not having enough dosh on her!

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 13:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 32 in Discussion

Yes this awful, hope the police Ketch up , with them soon.

Hector

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 14:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 32 in Discussion

dizzycows

What are you on about? 'So where was our wonderful police! bet they told the old lady to not moan and that she shouldn't report it...'

For heavens sake. This trick is an old one with many variations i.e bird droppings, used in probably every major city & not so major across the globe. I suspect that the crime was taken far more seriously in the UK than many other countries.

Jeannie

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 14:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 32 in Discussion

Hector - yes indeed! We were targetted on a trip to Barcelona last year. It was a very unpleasant experience, but I have to say the 'specials' who operate within Barcelona's metro system were very helpful and we were urged to make a formal complaint at the police station.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 15:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 32 in Discussion

Jeannie you were in Barcelona and reported it to the Barcelona police?

My post was about the British system that lets the Brirish public down.

Jeannie

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 15:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 32 in Discussion

Message 8.

I was acknowledging Hector's comment that this practice is widespread, that's all.

J

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
16/08/2009 11:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 32 in Discussion

cover me in jello dizzy

dizzycows

Message Posted:
16/08/2009 12:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 32 in Discussion

Stop it you bad boy, will spank you!

Arthur

Message Posted:
16/08/2009 12:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 32 in Discussion

Dizzy- Police too busy filling in forms, putting speed traps in areas that will gain the most revenue [not achieve the best in road safety].

I don't blame the Police- there are targets, quotas etc so I guess they take the easy way to meet these.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
16/08/2009 12:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 32 in Discussion

Hi Arthur, it just makes me so cross regarding our system now, as one of my sons friends was attacked in a Tesco supermarket, no provication, just that he looked happy as they had all been out for the evening to a stag party. Not youngsters, nearly 40 yrs old all of them, the kids were in a gang, one pulled a knife, another started kicking and beating sons friend, my son who happens to do 'Ju jit su' ( cant spell) went to the friends help he then had several youngsters set onto him, he managed to dissarm the boy with the knife, they then saw that he was meaning 'business' they ran off, two injured friends. Police called they said oh well its happening all the time in this Tesco! my son made the police take a statement they did not even bother to chase it up. The following week the gang stabbed a man and killed him, my son then was called into help, but to late a life was taken. No I have no faith in our police system.

Coachie

Message Posted:
16/08/2009 22:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 32 in Discussion

Dizzycows?Arthur...How the hell would you know what the police reaction was??Were you in the police station concerned with dealing with it? probably not,just another prime example of shouting off for the sake of running down the police.I know it would not happen in the TRNC!!!!! If youhave no faith in our Judicial/police system then LEAVE these shores for somewhere better IE the MOON..No crime there or bad police force....

dizzycows

Message Posted:
16/08/2009 22:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 32 in Discussion

Coachie, go settle down, you always get so 'itchy' when you are shown not to be always correct! I do leave these shores quite a lot, not to the moon, but to NC and other places of interest. The moon is a very borrrrrrring place for me. Coachie, perhaps we know more about the Judicial system than you ever will my darling. Corruption in the forse is quite high now, plus they dont take on any one with a high iq as they did years ago, any idiot can get into the force now or even become a labour MP! Sad isnt it. But you must steady down my dear, lol xx

Coachie

Message Posted:
17/08/2009 18:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 32 in Discussion

Dizzycows..I do not get "itchy" I get very TETCHY when people continue to pull this country to pieces,hence my statement to go live on the moon.No problems there,till the whingeing UK haters arrive.I really do wonder why you have stayed so long in the UK with all the problems we have here. If I disliked here as much as you,I would be off in a flash.As for MPs,you have your fair share of idiots in tour own party,most of who have more faces than a town hall clock..I only hope you are a lot better when you move to the TRNC,the eutopia of the Mediteranean...

dizzycows

Message Posted:
17/08/2009 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 32 in Discussion

Coachie now dont you start making assumptions as well ! I have no intention of moving any where as we still have a business to run and at the moment cannot see when we can retire completely, got to keep all these scroungers a bit longer now have'nt we. Its alright for yours truely who I believe was a civil servant but for the private sector thats a different matter. TETCHY you! never. Assumption that they who grumble about the way our country has fallen,--and hate GB, no you are wrong coachie, just bloody angry at the incompetence of this disgusting government.

Coachie

Message Posted:
17/08/2009 19:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 32 in Discussion

Dizzycows...Are you saying I was civil servant,chance would be fine thing.I was a servant alright but far from civil.You had better start thinking about moving shortly before there is nothing to move too.If these talks collapse and Turkey joins the EU,I will leave you to work out what will happen to your paradise in the sun.Could be you may be resigned to your horrible home land with the other bunch of idiots in charge.Its no good saying they will improve anything because they do notknow how to.I have not heard one good idea from Cameron or Osbourne to make me think ,well maybe they can.They may well be the party of the well to do but they will never match the achievements the Labour party has done for the working population of this country. If the they had there own way there would be No NHS,No laws to protect the workforce,no minimum wage, in fact we would still be in the 19th century as far as pay and conditions are concerned.When they start looking after the workers I might just!!

dizzycows

Message Posted:
17/08/2009 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 32 in Discussion

Coachie, why you always so nasty? I for one wish no one harm in how or where they live. If they want a house/villa any where you take your chances. Same as in GB. Difference is in GB most folks have a mortgage and sometimes these people loose their homes. Thats life, it throws things at you, like it has thrown us this Labour party! Yes I will agree with you in I dont think the con's will know how to begin to get us all out of the mire, its going to take our grandkids life to even see any results! what a bloody legacy to leave them!

Better to have kept the workers all on a level field, conditions for the real workers now are so over the top re taxes that they are on a tread mill to try and keep afloat! many just wont make it this year.So dont talk about what achievements they have done, its all on borrowed money that non of us can ever ever pay back without something drastic to be done that will affect us all for years to come.

Coachie

Message Posted:
17/08/2009 23:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 32 in Discussion

Dizzycows...So what do you think the Tories would have done in Browns position??? Probably let everything go bust,which they have done in the past on more than one occasion. Why are you worried about what your grandkids might have to do? Can you imagine the situation if your compatriots had let every thing go down the tubes.We would be in a bigger mess than we are now and this mess was not created by Gordon Brown or any other politician,Tory or Lib.Dem.It was caused by greedy bankers around the world who do not give a damn about anyone but themselves,but you seem intent on blaming the Labour Government for everything that goes wrong.I am quite surprised you have not blamed him for the swine flu outbreak.I do not wish anyone any harm either just stating a possibility of what could happen very shortly.Thats just the point,the workers are all on a level playing field and that is what the Tories dont like.They want to pit one person against another and I know what that leads to.Favouritism

dizzycows

Message Posted:
17/08/2009 23:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 32 in Discussion

Coachie I will answer your post tomorrow, as I have an early start and need my 'beauty sleep'.

Arthur

Message Posted:
17/08/2009 23:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 32 in Discussion

Coachie, I think you're aiming wide of the mark. I am proud of the UK, but that doesn't mean that I lose the right to complain when I see things I consider wrong.

I believe in a meritocracy, where people can achieve dependent on their ability rather than their [or their parents] ability to pay. we have a very real problem that the Police were generally respected years ago, and much of that respect has disappeared. I appreciate that they have an unenviable task when it is fairly obvious that over 90% of crime would disappear if the justice system was able to put "out of commission" the "career" criminals and vandals. It just annoys me that the system seems to favour protecting their human rights over and above those of their victims.

Do we need "targets" to send 50%+ kids to university? My answer is no [because many won't benefit], but fully fund those with the real ability. BTW I didn't go to university- I qualified as a chartered accountant with a lot of hard work.

Arthur

Message Posted:
17/08/2009 23:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 32 in Discussion

Can I also add this shouldn't be a party political thing. Regretfully the political parties concentrate on PR rather than policy. Examples: Labour constantly holding news conferences announcing "new money" on things they have previously announced. Conservatives with "Dave Snooty" showing his green credentials by riding a bicycle [followed by his car].

Am I cynical- you bet !!!

Arthur

Message Posted:
17/08/2009 23:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 32 in Discussion

I've just noticed "Dizzycows"

With the name Gladys, you weren't at Maplins were you??

Hi de Hi

harita

Message Posted:
18/08/2009 15:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 32 in Discussion

Coachie ... Message 2 .. Unfortunately they live in England .. Wouldn't happen in TRNC .. Eutopia (UTOPIA) as you put it TRNC certainly is compared to the UK ..

dizzycows

Message Posted:
18/08/2009 16:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 32 in Discussion

Coachie----6m on the dole! forcast to reach 6.8 by Dec, 1 in every 6 of working age living off benefits. Labour massaging the figures to keep these numbers low re run up to a general election. Labour claimed only this monththat the number was only 2.435,000!!

Only half this amount is spent on the NHS.!! The whole system is set up to encourage the benefit scroungers, there is now very little financial incentive to work. Other countries have managed to pull their benifit system to better controlled. Labour is outdated and has wrecked our economy to such an extent it will be nire impossible to get back on track for years to come. They have stolen, yes stolen the elderly pensioners money, sent our troops to war without proper equipement. Police cannot even be bothered to catch our criminals, the list goes on, and on.

Yes NC is a very good place to unwind and get away from Labours constant lies. lol xx

Coachie

Message Posted:
18/08/2009 17:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 32 in Discussion

Dizzy..Where do you get this info from..6million on the dole.You must be privy to a lot of info that even the press dont know about.I expect high unemployment in a WORLD recession,other countries are suffering just same as we are,but you are so blinded by your hatred of Gordon Brown you just do not think there is a world recession or you probably think he is to blame for it.He has stolen no money from me,in fact he increased my state pension by TEN pounds a week this year and for every other pensioner.Our troops never had the right equipment before labour came to power,the only difference is we have spent more money on the armed forces than any other previous government did. You really do live in cloud cuckoo land when you make stupid statements like that about the police.They are catching major criminals every day,smashing international drug rings herein UK. You seem to place minor infractions above the major break throughs that they achieve. They do there best under difficult times.

Geejay

Message Posted:
18/08/2009 19:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 32 in Discussion

Coachie...You don't know what the "Tories would have done in Browns position" nor do you know that they would "Probably let everything go bust...."

What we do know is that Blair/Brown have made a complete mess of the UK economy. They took over an economy from the Tories that was beginning to boom. They failed to prepare for a recession that everyone knew was imminent. They failed to rein in the banks who exacerbated the UK economic problems from greed.

Nuff said. I could go on a lot more but it only gets boring after a while arguing politics. Neither of us will change our positions.

Geejay

Message Posted:
18/08/2009 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 32 in Discussion

Back on topic.

This scam is just a variation of an old trick. Attracting the victims attention from the assailants ! It happens everywhere in the world. It's not just Britons (don't call me a "Brit" it's insulting). It happens to all races.

Dizzy. Your comments regarding the police in Britain are quite unjustified. Their political masters have hamstrung their activities by a huge increase in criminal & civil laws, requiring so much bureaucracy and statistics. Blame the "Right Honourable" Members of Parliament for the police shortcomings !, you know, the ones who take our tax pounds by false accounting and deciding what expenses they should claim.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
18/08/2009 20:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 32 in Discussion

Coachie, you can say what you like, live in a little world of Im ok jack bugger the rest, just like Aurther Scargill!!

dizzycows

Message Posted:
18/08/2009 21:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 32 in Discussion

Coachie, you can say what you like, live in a little world of Im ok jack bugger the rest, just like Aurther Scargill!!

Geejay, have you actually had any dealings regarding the police short comings ? unfortunately we have and it would make very sad reading.

hoagy, while we are having this thread on whatever, please dont get like our DC who is forever picking on folks for their grammer/spelling etc. I do not intend to join the police force so no problem there, but you know, they cannot spell, the force had a test and the majority would not even pass an O level if put to the test.

Back on thread, NC the sun shines longer than GB, ----I cannot comment on the NC police, but I do notice that the NC police at least catch their criminals! Dont know about corruption in N.C as dont live there, just visit. lol

dizzycows

Message Posted:
18/08/2009 21:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 32 in Discussion

Ooooh somehow the first sentence went off in a whirl!! sorry Coachie, but you and I will never agree lol xx

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.