North Cyprus Tourist Board - Residency renewal due soon, sooo
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Residency renewal due soon, sooo

Residency renewal due soon, sooo

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

Whistler

Message Posted:
18/08/2009 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Can anyone advise me from their own experience. My temporary residency expires 22nd December.

I always renew it this time of year and last year I never got it stamped until 2nd January because of some stupid holiday. Reason i am asking is that I want to go to UK for christmas and wondering if I can apply for renewal a little earlier? to enable me to travel without any hassle. I know they write a number on the passport and people have had letters and come unstuck so want to be 100% sure.

Maz

Message Posted:
18/08/2009 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Go and have a chat at the police station where you normally file your application. I believe they can give you a document. As the rules seemto change each year on so many aspects of Immigration, it is betterto check with the authorities. Although when that happened to a friend of mine they merely got a 90 day stmap in the passport on the way back, and then went to get their new Visa.

But, askthe Powers that Be - they might let you apply early, but that is no guarantee that you get it in time. My friend merely smiled at the border and said 'Yeni gelior.' - go see those lovely policemen.

Lilli

Message Posted:
19/08/2009 00:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Jesus why dont they just have a web site that can answer all our questions. In English and Turkisk updated when they change the rules. It would make life easy. Whistler are you back got a friend who needs to see you xx

joandjelly

Message Posted:
19/08/2009 10:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Whistler I went to Turkey and my residency ran out the day before I got back. We told this to the police at Girne and they said no problem and didn't want to see our tickets but they did not issue us with a letter so to be on the safe side my husband spoke to the passport guys at Ercan and they too said no problem. When we flew back in they just gave us 90 day visas.

We then had the problem of our residency not being ready when we went to collect it after 3 weeks and I then went to the UK. Again, when I returned, I got a new 90 day visa.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.