North Cyprus Tourist Board - Arts and Crafts. ceramic paints
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Arts and Crafts. ceramic paints

Arts and Crafts. ceramic paints

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all Do It Yourself (DIY) threads posted so far

LostFound

Message Posted:
21/08/2009 18:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Its very difficult to purchase the right product for the right job as one is not understood 100% in these DIY shops.

Firstly I wanted a burnt sienna glaze (to give an aged look to my painted terra-cotta pot - on which I cut out photos and pictures and stuck on with glue) but no one understood what I wanted. They recommended a tube of ArtDeco Antique Wood paint which the label says can be used on pots etc, but unfortunately it blotted out the pictures.

Secondly I asked for a clear coat protectant to finish the decorated terracota pot to protect the paint and pictures from the weather. I was given a wood varnish but it doesnt state it can be used on ceramics,terracota etc. Does anyone know if it will work and Im worried it may ruin my newly decorated pot. I dont want to open it as it was not cheap.

ustwo

Message Posted:
22/08/2009 02:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Hi I have used yacht varnish on ceramics OK.Try Deniz Plaza for arty stuff they seem to have most things I need.

littleme

Message Posted:
22/08/2009 22:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

I used yacht varnish on my pots & they seem ok so far. try coban on the main road catalkoy very helpful & will always try to get bits if they do not have it or tell you where to find it & even ring round for you.

mary

littleme

Message Posted:
22/08/2009 22:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Or other than that try asking Dizan 74 ? (if thats the name) the pottery place sure they can help.

mary

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.