North Cyprus Tourist Board - Any news on the Extension of discount for Stamp Duty
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Any news on the Extension of discount for Stamp Duty

Any news on the Extension of discount for Stamp Duty

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Follow North Cyprus News with Cyprus44 News

smithy

Message Posted:
25/08/2009 11:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Hi has anyone any news to say the discount is going to be carried on after the end of September

would appreciate any info

sheila

Hayran

Message Posted:
25/08/2009 12:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

I have spoken to the Land Registry and they have confirmed that the extension is currently agreed until the end of September, but there is a good chance this will be extended further, but no guarantee's. Constructors are pushing for an extension.

smithy

Message Posted:
25/08/2009 14:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Hayran

Please god they extend it to after Christmas gives me more time to get the money together, but its scary if I panic and borrow the money and then they extend it, I will be worse off, just had my final figure and its way more than what I expected. Not sure how they got to that figure, no one seems to know whether its 5% of the contract price or off the build.

Any info would help

Sheila

Hayran

Message Posted:
25/08/2009 14:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Sheila, they should be calculating the taxes due on the contract price and you should insist on this. You should also ask for a complete breakdown of all costs and how calculated to ensure you are not paying more than you have to!

If you give me a nudge a week or so before the end of September, I will contact the Land Registry again to see if the tax discounts have been extended beyond the end of September.

Hope this helps.

Hayran

smithy

Message Posted:
25/08/2009 14:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Hello Hayran

I have asked them for a breakdown twice but they dont come back to me, thanks for letting me know whether its the Contract or the build they calculate the taxes from. I was hoping it was the build as I paid £20,000 more than the others in my apts as mine is classed as a 2nd time buyer.

Many thanks again I will drop you a line a couple of weeks prior to the end of September by then you might have some more news.

Many thanks again

Sheila x

cooper

Message Posted:
25/08/2009 14:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Hi smithy this link explains all taxes payable - http://www.nmplegal.com/pdf/GUIDE%20TO%20TAXES%20FOR%20PROPERTY%20TRANSACTIONS.pdf

Cooper

PS did your family arrive on time ?

smithy

Message Posted:
25/08/2009 14:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Cooper

Thanks for the link will let my son have a look at it, I'm getting more confused by the day

Family arrived on time, but friends flights was brought forward by two hours, but all safe and sound.

sheila

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.