North Cyprus Tourist Board - Petition against evergreen developments extra electricity costs
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Petition against evergreen developments extra electricity costs

Petition against evergreen developments extra electricity costs

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Crystal Bay Villas North Cyprus property review

» Read Blue Bay Village North Cyprus property review

» Read Aphrodite Beachfront Village North Cyprus property review

» Read about Additional Costs in North Cyprus

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

panhandler

Message Posted:
11/04/2008 21:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

http://www.northcyprusforum.com/property/73-petition-against-evergreen-developments-extra-electricity-costs.html

suntanman

Message Posted:
11/04/2008 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

pan

To date, I think I am the only one on Crystal Bay View who has had the request for extra payment.

I think everyone is hoping that the email from E'green will not materialise, and possibly be exempt from the extra charges.

I would urge all buyers on CBV to show their concern over the inevitable, and make comment.

sun

northernlad2

Message Posted:
11/04/2008 22:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Hi suntanman and panhandler

Good luck with your petition.

We are right behind you , We hope that you get the right result.

On a selfish note expect we have this to come.

sarah and keith

suntanman

Message Posted:
11/04/2008 22:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Thanks northernlad, we've got nothing to lose by trying, have we?

Hope E'green learn by their errors and you don't get into this situation at CBM

Andrew & Sue

suntanman

Message Posted:
12/04/2008 20:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

..................................................................................................................

just bringing thread to the top

tonyhickey

Message Posted:
12/04/2008 22:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Have evergreen come up with any costing to justify the amount I would assumed the less apartments on site the more the costs to each owner will be . Are is it a case of we were not told at the beginning so we are not prepare to pay any thing justify are not ?

Tony

suntanman

Message Posted:
13/04/2008 10:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Tony

These latest costs from Evergreen have been presented to owners who in most cases have already paid final balance, completed handover, and taken posession of their properties!

In my case, the extra bill was issued two months after receiving final bill, which was already in the hands of solicitor awaiting instructions of completion prior to releasing money.

How can this possibly be justified?

It appears that Evergreen were working on the 'assumption' that costs towards installation of equipment were to be part funded by the Government.

This is not now the case, so are passing their mis-calculated costs on to the buyer.

What sort of development company would calculate building costs on 'assumptions? Surely confirmation in writing from the Government prior to building would be the normal procedure?

This latest unexpected additional cost is the final straw for us all, as have been presented with' extra after extra' without prior notification, and only made aware of additional costs on receipt of invoice for next stage payment.

daily

Message Posted:
13/04/2008 13:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

I think it would be a good idea to look at the bigger picture suntanman - your additional bill seems extremely feasible because others have found themselves in the same boat as you. I only read the other day about a similar situation on a different site - check out other posts on this forum. I have also read on other forums about government subsidies towards water and electric - so that much I am sure is fact.

In that case I would now be asking the following questions:

Why did the government instigate all the sudden stipulations about stamp duty for last month, causing considerable chaos amongst foreign buyers?

Why are electricity rates rising?

Why has there been a sudden hike for the cost of meters?

Why are they asking for 10% of all rental income?

Why are water rates rising by 20%?

And finally, do we think this government is in dire financial straits and in no position to be subsidising anything?

I think you are a victim of the status quo as much as anything else.

suntanman

Message Posted:
13/04/2008 15:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

I think we are all aware of the 'bigger picture' and fully accept escalating costs of services such as water and electric etc.

With respect daily, you are missing the point of our argument.

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
13/04/2008 15:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

In that case I would now be asking the following questions:

"Why did the government instigate all the sudden stipulations about stamp duty for last month, causing considerable chaos amongst foreign buyers?"

Because they can and ned to raise cash fast.

"Why are electricity rates rising?"

As in line with all countries, fuel costs are rising and therefore are passed onto the end user.

"Why has there been a sudden hike for the cost of meters?"

Because they are the monopoly that supplies them and they can charge what they like. Do remember that you are not required to have electricity as a basic nescessity for life.

"Why are they asking for 10% of all rental income?"

Because that's the law, and always has been but was o0verlooked for many years. For Turkey to keep bailing out North Cyprus the Government must be seen to be doing everything reasonible to raise taxes under the law. Also, most other country taxes income from all sources.

"Why are water rates rising by 20%?"

Because inflation is 20% and by paying more for water will make you think how you use the precious commodity.

"And finally, do we think this government is in dire financial straits and in no position to be subsidising anything?"

Yes the government have a poor record for financial housekeeping but do remember that the price of petrol and diesel has not been increased here since January 2007, even though the oil price has nearly doubled in that time and the US dollar has weakened. So yes, they have subsidised at least one item.

daily

Message Posted:
13/04/2008 16:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

suntanman

My point is that where there was once subsidy of electric and water connection by the government, because of the current economical crisis, the government have now reneged on this. This perhaps was not anticipated by construction companies, thus the reason for late demands irrespective of your having taken possession of properties. Let's face it, the TRNC government do what they like with little planning and thought - the result, the cost is passed on to the buyer. And always will be.

Timothy

thank for that- really informative

witchfinder

Message Posted:
13/04/2008 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Hi All, your not alone we are on the Monarch Site in Alsancak of 11 apartments have been asked for £2184 GBP each for our electric & telephone connection the water charges were asked for a few months ago of £450..... We have now got in contact with 6 or so other owners and complaining to the PCO.

daily

Message Posted:
13/04/2008 16:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

thanks witchfinder - now hopefully suntanman can see my point!

lavendergirl

Message Posted:
13/04/2008 17:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

This is what happened to us aswell despite it being included in our contract. Obviously it depends on how your contract is worded but the point is: why should you have to pay something that isn't in your contract? This is becoming very common now from builders because at the end of the day some of them will hold you over a barrel with the title deeds or your supply of water/electric. But it is wrong and needs to be stopped. Alot of the lawyers here will tell their clients to pay it!

suntanman

Message Posted:
13/04/2008 18:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

I take all comments on board, and like to hear both sides of the argument. Nevertheless, I feel Evergreen have been very backhanded with their aproach towards billing for extra costs and have not made buyers aware of the additions until the point of invoicing payments.

An example of this being a couple who recently returned having completed handover were not (and still not) aware of additional charges, yet I received revised final bill while they were actually there in TRNC, and we are both buying on the same development. To my knowlege, Evergreen have known for some time that extra payment requests would be issued , but have failed to inform all buyers.

panhandler

Message Posted:
13/04/2008 23:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Daily

Respect to you sir

With regard to your 'bigger picture' increases overall yes I agree

However

If you have legally met your contractual onligations and had completion and handover of keys, registered your property / lecy with Kibtec in your name 3 months ago , how can evergreen then demand extra costs !

They can't

The email they sent to there customers demanding payment was not addressed to individuals just to the customer in a collective mail shot

This in itself is supsect and suggests that they are chancing there arm

That said I think that if you have not completed and the lecy is not registered in your name then you may be held by the short and curlies.

Repsectfully

Panhandler

McSteviet

Message Posted:
14/04/2008 00:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

Are Kibtek and the water company Government owned or are they private companies?

MC

panhandler

Message Posted:
14/04/2008 00:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Mcstevjet

Kibtec are a goverment office, not sure about the water company, however either way subsidised i would have thought

Regadrs

Panhandler

Eccles

Message Posted:
29/04/2008 15:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

We have just got our keys for Pearl Bay and was a bit astounded to say the least on the cost of the electricity/water costs plus the VAT which we were originally told were to be paid around 2 years after getting our keys, we had not been informed about this before we came across in April - we had got a copy of the charge list showing the 39 properties for Pearl Bay and Crystal Bay from evergreen and this was divided accordingly. I think in the end we will all have to get together and keep in touch by email or when on site, to sort out the so called 'maintenance costs' and any other ancilliary charges that may occur, we were originally told before buying that after 2 years of their maintenance company that it would then be transferred to the property owners on these sites, for us then to orgnise an official board to decide what happens when etc. It doesn't seem that they have any intention of doing this - anyone know if this is true or not ? What I must say in their defence is that we were very impressed with the site manager called Mustafa who is a definite asset to the company, nothing was too much trouble for him, and Evergreens main site foreman Koby was brilliant too. It will be interesting to see what the next year brings up on what will and what will not be done. When we spoke to Evergreen they did say the the beach was going to the done and the 2nd pool was being tiled and starting to look ok too before we came home a couple of weeks ago.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.