North Cyprus Tourist Board - Internet
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Internet

Internet

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

canim

Message Posted:
12/04/2008 10:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Has the internet club gone bankrupt? I am currently in the uk and was told that they was no longer trading. Is this true?

simbas

Message Posted:
12/04/2008 10:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Hi canim , welcome to the forum , what internet club are you talking of ?

regards , simbas

canim

Message Posted:
12/04/2008 14:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Thanks Simbas, "the internet club" is the name of the company they advertise in the cyprus today, however a friend told me they was no longer trading????. I am just wondering who is the best company to go with for wireless connection for when we move back.

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
12/04/2008 15:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

They are NOT BANKRUPT or anything like that.

The last news was that they were not taking on new customers as they are trying to upgrade everyone to the 5GHZ system from 2.4GHZ. This will soon be complete and new customers will be welcomed. It has also not helped as one of the partners has now left the company and the remaining owner is having to do all the work himself.

Canim, it depends where you live on who operates the best service. Some say Internet Club are the best, some say Extend, some SunnyCyprus, others Nethouse Networks but others will say these companies didn't work for them. It's best to ask your neighbours to see what they have and if they're happy.

Ronnie66

Message Posted:
12/04/2008 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Hmmm!!

"It has also not helped as one of the partners has now left the company and the remaining owner is having to do all the work himself".

Interesting comment, however, I can asuure you as 'the other partner', I did not leave The Internet Club. Read between the lines if you must, but lets just say my options were few.

I do agree with your comment to shop around, that is a wise move.

Ronnie

Izzet

Message Posted:
12/04/2008 20:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Also consider ADSL through phone lines.

No need for a ugly dish at roof and it's more stable I experienced.

If you click on "Internet" tag at the bottom of the homepage or thru Popular tags page, you can read other feedback on this.

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/internet.asp

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
12/04/2008 22:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

So Ronnie, what is the TRUTH about how you and Paul are no longer in a working/business partner relationship?

Set the record straight and stop the rumour mill from working overtime.

tubby

Message Posted:
15/04/2008 19:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

When I took out our subscription with the internet club I was told by Paul that him and Ronnie had a fifty fifty partnership. Unfortunately this partnership is no longer. We did get an email from Ronnie giving his side of events and then later had an email from Paul saying there are 2 sides to every story. We are still waiting for his side of it. Which makes me think has Ronnie ever been returned his share of the business whether financially or otherwise? Sorry if this appears nosey but if he hasn't we will not be renewing our contract next year as we do not want to encourage this sort of business activity. But 2 sides to every story.....

Ronnie66

Message Posted:
16/04/2008 13:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Hello TimothyCadman,

I apologise in advance. I have no recollection of ever meeting you and do not wish to discuss the details of this subject on an open forum. However, if you are or ever were an Internet Club member, you should still have my contact details and therefore are more than welcome to contact me via telephone.

Kind regards

Ronnie

Kibris

Message Posted:
16/04/2008 21:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

I heard the internet club had been taken over by Extend!...any truth in this?

Funinthesun

Message Posted:
18/04/2008 11:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Yes. Extend has bought TIC. A number of people have been writing on other boards this week about how great their internet has been the last fews days and thanking TIC for it! However, it's Extend they should be thanking.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.