North Cyprus Tourist Board - Land Registry/Contracts
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Land Registry/Contracts

Land Registry/Contracts

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

nickyclauda

Message Posted:
13/04/2008 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Goodmorning everybody.

I am new to the forum. My name is Claudia and we have bought at Seaterra Bay (if there is anyone out there who have also bought at Bay...looking forward to the bbq's and wine!)

Anyway, the reason for posting is that I have just received an email from my mother's sollicitor (my mother has bought at Seaterra Reserve) about the Land Registry insisting that all contracts are to be translated to Turkish. My mother's sollicitor wants to charge £20 per page. Her sollicitor is Naomi (who has been mentioned on this forum before for being greedy!).

What I would like to know is if anybody else has heard of this and if this also applies to older contracts? I've not heard from my sollicitor as of yet!

If anybody could help me out about this subject I would be ever so grateful!

On another note....anybody out there going furniture shopping in the North...DO NOT SHOP AT AYKOC!!!!! He's is a liar! He promises you leather which later turns out to be 'Northern Cyprus' leather...which translates into PVC. We've paid £1200 for a PVC 'leather' sofa which my husband is planning on burning in front of his shop!. Aykoc is located near Burger City across from the Lemar Supermarket.

Anyway...nice to meet you all and hope to hear from you soon.

Claudia

breezyboy

Message Posted:
13/04/2008 15:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Claudia,

Welcome to the forum.

You certainly do not need a translation if registering your contract in girne. I did mine last week.The queue is shorter too, I was no9 at 06.20 and finished for 10.15 with only 15 in total in the queue.

Breezyboy

McSteviet

Message Posted:
13/04/2008 15:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Claudia,

Breezeboy is quite right for Land Registry in Girne, but you will have to register yours at Famagusta and I don't know what the format is there.

There will be others here that will know what the latest situation is there, so just wait a while and I'm sure you will have the answer before the end of the day.

MC

sunnydays

Message Posted:
13/04/2008 20:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

We have an older contract and registered it in Famagusta a few weeks ago. We are also using Naomi Memhet. We were not told that it had to be translated into turkish and upon registration, this was not required!!!

Things may have changed in the last few weeks...but that was our situation at the end of March. Hope this helps.

wacky01

Message Posted:
13/04/2008 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Claudia,

I registered my contract last week in Famagusta without any fuss or queueing.

I got to the Land Registery Office (LDO) at 08:20 not knowing they did not open until 08:30, so I waited.

Sure enough they opened at 08:30, I had all the correct paperwork ready and I was out of there by 08:45, job done! There is not the queueing or hassle that you get at Girne.

The LDO is in the same street as the hospital, opppsite the school. It is an old building with a small locomotive painted green in the front garden.

Hope this helps.

elko2

Message Posted:
13/04/2008 22:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

I think you do need a translation in Turkish if your contract is dated after 1st January 2008, otherwise you do not.

ismet

breezyboy

Message Posted:
13/04/2008 23:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Ismet

my contract is 8/12/05 and as I said it didn't need a trnslation. I understood from soliciors that they dropped this reqirement a few weeks ago.

Thanks for your very helpful posts.

Breezyboy

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.