North Cyprus Tourist Board - West of Kyrenia
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > West of Kyrenia

West of Kyrenia

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

Marvo

Message Posted:
02/05/2007 17:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Hi, is there anyone out there moving to Alsencak west of kyrenia or is every one going to Esentepe, we're begining to feel lonely

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
02/05/2007 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Dont feel lonely Marvo! I'm sure you wont be Norman No Mates for long!

Mountain Edge

Message Posted:
02/05/2007 22:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

We are going to Karsiyaka which is just a bit further along the road. Didn't really fancy Esentepe too much.

sparks

Message Posted:
03/05/2007 09:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

We're moving to out to Alsancak in the summer, too! You won't be on your own Marvo!

Marvo

Message Posted:
03/05/2007 17:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Sparks, where are you moving to. We bought place in Olea villas just up from 6 mile beach and we should be moving out there at the end of July, all going well.

We looked at Esentepe but I don't think the estate agent took us into the village or any developed area's and he kept feeding us the line that 'its a long way from being finished' so we opted for Alsencak via a different agent.

If anyone else is moving there, or has any info on the Alsencak area, let us know.

Thanks

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
03/05/2007 18:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Marvo,

Good choice. We live in Karsiyaka, just along road.

Excellent supermarket - Atakara. Restaurants in abundance if you want to eat local - Trevetola, Sevener, Acmenya. The Corner Bar sells an excellent draft Gold Fasel. If you like Doner then Fast Food in centre of village is the place at lunchtime, price has gone up a bit too much but still excellent. There a couple of excellent small village shops plus internet cafe if stuck.

Personally think this island is far better because the infrastructure is there where as in East there a problems with the possiblity of electric and water not being supplied in the foreseeable future in some places. Plus there are limited options for shopping in east.

One problem with Alsancak is that it is prone to frequent water shortages, in fact can be off 4/5 days at a time. As long as you manage your usage there are no problems.

Personal view, you will love Alsancak.

David

ttoli

Message Posted:
03/05/2007 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Going on from what Cyprusishome has said re the water shortages, i was concerned about this too and had my builders install an additional 6 ton tank,sunk into the garden, glad i did too.think it cost 250 GBP.

wearytravellers

Message Posted:
08/05/2007 07:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Anyone recomend a good lawyer.........independent of local builders/companies, a lawyer that will look after our interests and not be in conflict.

Cheers

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.