North Cyprus Tourist Board - pools leaking
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > pools leaking

pools leaking

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Swimming Pool threads posted so far

robbo

Message Posted:
14/04/2008 18:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Hi everyone,

We are just about to have our pool filled by our builder, he tells

us he fills it , and leaves it for around a week to see if it looses any water

is this what normaly happens, does anyone know how we can also check pool

is not leaking, we have heard that most pools completed by builders do have leaks. Any advice would be greatfully accepted.

ttoli

Message Posted:
14/04/2008 19:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Significant visual loss loss of water or a flooded pump room are good indications(Mark the water level on the tiles with a china graph pencil or your favorite mascara!)..

If you are unfortunate to suffer a leak to the pump room, try to be present when they effect their 'repair', can leave quite a mess.

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
14/04/2008 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Robbo

I'd suggest you get your builder to commission the pool at the start then if there are any apparent problems it'll be his responsibility to put them right. If you have it commission by AN Other and there are problems then the builder will say its not his problem.

Karen

wackyjim

Message Posted:
14/04/2008 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Robbo

Karen is spot on with her advice.

If the pool is part of the contract and I assume it is and you still have to make a final payment make sure the pool is 100% watertight before you pay. Its so much easier to get it sorted if you hold back a payment rather than chasing the builder if he has been paid in full.

Jim.

gottheyips

Message Posted:
14/04/2008 20:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

robbo,

it is extremely rare for a pool to leak, if your pool level drops it is a 99% chance that the check valve in the pump room has debris stuck in it, this lets water from the pool to flow back into your balance tank. The indicator in this case is low pool level high balance tank level.

Flooded pump rooms are nearly always caused by one of three things, firstly a pipe or valve incorrectly sealed, secondly the pool overflow channel not sealed thus allowing seapage into the pool surround, and thirdly a badly sealed pump room especially in the higher portions of the pump room walls.

Quite often a builder will only commission a pool providing they or a company of their choice take on the annual maintenence this is a con but they will give you no guarantee unless you agree with their demands.

It is always easy for others to say hold back monies and final payments, builders and developers do not generally take kindly to this sort of stance and have the upper hand both legally and ............!

If anyone has a genuine pool leak then my words of wisdom will no doubt raise their hackles, I speak only from experience and not hearsay and rumours.

Good luck with your pool.

gottheyips

Message Posted:
14/04/2008 20:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Oh by the way the guarantee comes with a very small g.

robbo

Message Posted:
15/04/2008 11:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all your advice, Will leave it to builder and see how we go

hope for the best.

Thanks Robbo

marik

Message Posted:
15/04/2008 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

unfortunately have to disagree with Got the yips, many many pools in N Cyprus leak and the most common cause is because the concrete is poured to a level just about 40 cms down from the top at an early stage then the top 40 cms is added at a later date often without proper waterproofing and integration of the concrete, this in turn causes seepage or leaks and it is quite common as will be verified by most of the reputable companies who have experience of such things,

cocos

Message Posted:
15/04/2008 19:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

I would also disagree with Gottheyips. There is a huge amount of pools here leaking from the top section because its not waterproofed properly. The problem is the builder charges top whack for a pool then employees a cake maker to build it!

gottheyips

Message Posted:
15/04/2008 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

marik

If that is your experiences then I bow to your superior knowledge, however I too have some experience around pools and to date have not experienced leaks such as you suggest.

Perhaps these reputable companies would be out of business if the pool builders were to do the job correctly in the first place.

peachy

Message Posted:
18/04/2008 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

hi robbo ... i had this issue .... i decided to go ahead and file mine myself awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwe glad i did it would have taken weeks not a week .... i had mine cleaned at the same time ... even though my builder promised he would clean it without emptying the pool lol .... i had vistors arriving couldnt wait to find out if i had a leak .... i was lucky very lucky in 8 houses i was the only pool that didnt have a leak at that time ....it leaks now in the motor tank .... hey i have a 5 year guarantee with everything not worth the paper its writtern on to be honest ...

robbo

Message Posted:
19/04/2008 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Peachy,

Thanks for the reply, We are now acid cleaning the pool, so the builder does not need to empty it again, as we have been told emptying

the pool causes more problems, heres hoping no leaks but not holding our breath.

Robbo

gentle

Message Posted:
20/04/2008 11:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Most overflow pools that leak, leak through the overflow channel. We went to marshalls and purchased some pva solution for pools, and painted the channel. We were lucky solved the problem. Other neighbours had to paint there balance tank as well that solved there problem.

Best way and can be expensive is to get someone to tile your channel and balance tank. Friends have done it looks great and solved their problem.

To test your pool if you think you are loosing water. Put on circulation only, not allowing it to overflow. Then wait and see if your pool drops. If it drops just below the channel then there is your problem. If it drops further than that then it could be escaping through you lights. If it drops further then it could be going from you valves which in theory should take all the water. Abviously you wouldnt want to do this in spring summer because it can take up to three months to dissappear, but during winter its a good test

Pools

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 11:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Do you have a problem with Leaking pools?

INTRODUCING NEW TECHNIQUES:

We repair pools using the new liner system

10 years guarantee!

You can plan your pool renovation without having to alter the existing surroundings, decks or vegetation.Once you have made the pool water-tight, all you have to do is install the appropriate Desjoyaux filtration system that will take over from your old system.

The low cost and simplicity of this technique makes it an ideal solution for public pools, it also offers the same benefits for private pools.

Please contact us for your inquiries :

ACART HAVUZ

20 Temmuz Caddesi,Seytanpir Plaza No:4,Alsancak Cyprus

Office No: 8213108 GSM:0533-8760066

kibrisacart@hotmail.com

Pools

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Do u have a problem with Leaking pools?

INTRODUCING NEW TECHNIQUES:

We repair pools using the new liner system

10 years guarantee!

You can plan your pool renovation without having to alter the existing surroundings, decks or vegetation.Once you have made the pool water-tight, all you have to do is install the appropriate Desjoyaux filtration system that will take over from your old system.

The low cost and simplicity of this technique makes it an ideal solution for public pools, it also offers the same benefits for private pools.

Please contact us for your inquiries :

ACART HAVUZ

20 Temmuz Caddesi,Seytanpir Plaza No:4,Alsancak Cyprus

Office No: 8213108 GSM:0533-8760066

kibrisacart@hotmail.com

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.