North Cyprus Tourist Board - Serenity Apartments NCP project
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Serenity Apartments NCP project

Serenity Apartments NCP project

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Serenity Apartments North Cyprus property review

» List of North Cyprus Estate Agents

» See All North Cyprus Estate Agent Related Threads

larfin boy

Message Posted:
02/05/2007 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 22 in Discussion

Has anyone here heard of the North Cyprus Property, serenity apartments? I have put a small deposit down and wondered if anyone out there is in the same position? Is it true they are locally known as Non Completed Properties???

malteser

Message Posted:
02/05/2007 22:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 22 in Discussion

Yes - struggling to say the least! Borrowed from government to stay in business about 18mths ago - £1.5 million loan. Expanded too quickly and have a significant number of unfinished properties. Was out in NC recently and drove around the Esentepe/Bacheli area a lot - never saw a single workmen on their properties - their villas are fabulous when finished - very distinctive and grandiose, but there are very few that have been completed - maybe two/three projects in Esentepe area. Selling a lot of land as well on website - probably another bad sign. Tread v. carefully - NCP were my first contact when I started looking 3 years ago, then eventually flew out with Medview and when out here, bought elsewhere. Followed my gut instinct - thus far has served me well. Good luck!

Izzet

Message Posted:
04/05/2007 01:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 22 in Discussion

Hi David and Michele,

As you may know, I am the website owner and work for NCP.

I wanted to clarify a few things as well.

Firstly, Serenity Apartments project is a project by Unity Construction Ltd. NCP is just an estate agents selling the property. All money goes to Unity's bank account, not NCP's.

I think we have made that clear on the Serenity page on NCP website:

http://www.north-cyprus-properties.com/serenity-apartments

Michele is absolutely right about what she said. NCP had money problems and construction stopped in two projects - Pine Village and Seaside Homes II - about a year ago. Nevertheless, two projects, Seaside Homes I and Olive Grove Homes I were completed and delivered. As Michele said, I also think the quality, the design and many other aspects of NCP completed projects are excellent and personally I think it is one of the very few best projects.

Because of the money problems, NCP merged with a Turkish Construction company from mainland Turkey. It is Lider Construction - they are very big and well established firm since 1950. The merge completed in January 2007 and the new company name is Mainland (Anayurt in Turkish).

All clients who bought thru NCP are fully satisfied. Their homes are delivered. There are a few clients who bought from Pine Villas (whose constructino stopped a year ago) - those clients were either moved to Seaside Homes I or Olive Grove I (both completed as I said above) or their moneys were refunded in full. We have a few more clients who accepted to wait for another year for completion because they trusted the new company, Mainland.

Mainland is now handling everything on Pine Village and Seaside Homes II. They are currently finishing three show houses in Pine Village. Please find progress photographs dated 1 May 2007 here:

http://www.mainland-cyprus.com/update/default.asp

Mainland made an important decision last month and I want to share it here as well. All buyers from Pine Village will have their keys to their fully-completed house in 3 months time maximum! So, if you buy a villa from Pine Village today, your house will be finished in 3 months fully and you will get yours keys. If you visit the site, you can easily see that all 65 villas are completed 60% anyway.

Since David's question was about Serenity, let me stop explaining the NCP situation for now. But I can assure everybody today that Mainland has taken care of all NCP's problems and more! The load to the bank is half paid already and everything is set.

I know the owner of Serenity Apartments. I will also inform him about this post.

David, since I do the web page on Serenity on NCP website, I know the project a little bit. I feel that it is one of the unique projects on the island. The slope of the land is very very good so every block gets an excellent sea view.

Take care you all.

Please do let me know if you have any questions on NCP/Mainland.

Izzet

larfin boy

Message Posted:
08/05/2007 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 22 in Discussion

Thanks for clarifying that for us Izzet. We really liked the area and luckily we are in no hurry.. We also spoke to people who live in NCP properties who seemed happy.

gongle

Message Posted:
11/05/2007 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 22 in Discussion

Izzet

when are NCP going to finish all the shells they built 2 years ago on the main road to Esentepe?

they are an eyesore.

oh and can you get rid of the dead palm trees, they make the area look like a dump.

Izzet

Message Posted:
11/05/2007 23:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 22 in Discussion

On the main road, NCP has two properties.

One of them, Esentepe Olive Grove Homes 1, is completely finished.

One of them, Esentepe Seaside Homes 2, is at construction stage. The construction stopped a year ago and Mainland will start it again late Summer 2007.

Please give me more information about the dead palm trees and I will pass it to the right department.

I drive to NCP properties once in every 2-3 months (since my main job requires me to be in front of a computer most of the time). I did not spot any dead plam trees.

Izzet

RobertP

Message Posted:
04/09/2007 14:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 22 in Discussion

Izzet,

you say that "All clients who bought thru NCP are fully satisfied. Their homes are delivered."

and you go on to say... "Since David's question was about Serenity, let me stop explaining the NCP situation for now. But I can assure everybody today that Mainland has taken care of all NCP's problems and more! The load to the bank is half paid already and everything is set. "

I paid a GBP 10,000 deposit for a villa at the Green Valley site in Esentepe through NCP, and a contract signed in March 2005. It was due to be completed in August 2006. No construction took place; NCP admitted long ago that the project would never be completed, and despite deadline after deadline, and one broken promise after anotherfrom the owners of NCP, notably Osman Ozter, I have not yet received a single penny back.

There are also several other families in the UK who bought from NCP in the same way, and they also have not received either a property nor a refund.

RobertP

Message Posted:
04/09/2007 14:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 22 in Discussion

In fact Izzet, in checking my documentation on this, I notice that it was actually you yourself that wrote to me in November 2006 to say that the details had been posted onto my private client page on the NCP website.

The written commitment that you typed in was

"£11,000 will be paid back latest on 29 December 2006 (Friday)."

As I say, I have not yet received a penny. I welcome you getting in touch with me to explain why.

Stavros

Message Posted:
04/09/2007 15:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 22 in Discussion

Izzet

This thread should be a private one between RobertP, his solicitor and the developer and deserves no place on this forum

PLEASE REMOVE THIS THREAD IT OFFENDS ME

RobertP

Message Posted:
04/09/2007 15:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 22 in Discussion

Stavros,

On the contrary, Izzet has made a simple statement regarding the delivery of homes from NCP, and as I am aware of an inaccuracy, I have politely issued a correction. Not all homes are delivered.

I respectfully disagree that this is a private matter. Larfin boy has made a request for information regarding NCP and I have made him aware through this forum of my personal experiences, which I am perfectly entitled to do. I have made no personal slurs, posted no material inaccuracies nor used any offensive language.

Obviously there may well be compications in the process which have prevented purchasers receiving the property or a timely reimbursement, but such a forum is an ideal opportunity to explain such matters. Then everyone will be happy

kind regards

VRs-Dude

Message Posted:
04/09/2007 17:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 22 in Discussion

Regarding Pine Village, the site and all 65 Villas have been purchased by another british owned developers and is no longer to do with NCP or Mainland.

molly1

Message Posted:
05/09/2007 17:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 22 in Discussion

Agree with Robert this is a FORUM if this but offends you Stavros go and read the wearytravellers thread.

My parents paid deposits on Green Valley and had these transfered to Serenity and seem happy with that. Were you offered this Robert?

RobertP

Message Posted:
05/09/2007 18:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 22 in Discussion

No, I wasn't offered this, although I have been aware for quite some while that this sort of deal was struck by other people who paid deposits for Green Valley properties. This was all the more strange as I wrote to the NCP director, Osman Ozter and proactively suggested the sort of deal that your parents appear to have struck...

I quote verbatim from my e-mail of September 2006:

"I am also aware that you have made offers of settlements to others who signed up for homes on the Green Valley site to proceed with purchases on other NCP-built homes in the Esentepe region with a discount, and am curious to hear why I was not also offered the same."

but I received no response to this.

malteser

Message Posted:
05/09/2007 21:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 22 in Discussion

This smacks of 'shooting the messenger' Robert and surely your issue is with the owners of NCP, not one of their employees?

RobertP

Message Posted:
05/09/2007 23:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 22 in Discussion

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to get at Izzet at all - I'm well aware of the hierarchy and to whom the questions need to be addressed. Izzet's explanation of the situation that has arisen between NCP, Mainland and Lider is genuinely most welcome and commendable, as I have actually heard very little else directly from the NCP owners.

It was a genuine invitation for Izzet to get in touch with me if he can shed light on the Green Valley situation and the difficulties that NCP have had in meeting their commitments; obviously in the situation I and others are in, we absolutely welcome any information and explanation that can be shared.

Bradus

Message Posted:
11/09/2007 03:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 22 in Discussion

Robert have you contacted the property complaints office? I feel that you have every right to seek as much information as possible and see if others are in the same boat as yourself with regards to this company. Is this not what this forum is all about giving information good and bad and seeking support from others?

molly1

Message Posted:
11/09/2007 08:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 22 in Discussion

Hi Bradus do you have any contact details for the Property Complaints Office?

Thanks

Amanda

kyreniachap

Message Posted:
11/09/2007 11:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 22 in Discussion

Just to remind folks that Izzet is away on national service, and will not be able to respond via this forum at present. Do continue to press for information from NCP/Mainland, Robert, and I believe a solicitor's letter rather than a personal email will probably get faster results.

Bradus

Message Posted:
11/09/2007 15:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 22 in Discussion

Molly 1,

E- mailed you off board re: PCO.

BRADUS

Inscotland

Message Posted:
20/01/2008 21:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 22 in Discussion

Izzet:

I mean you no offence, but you are making very inaccurate statements on this thread. NCP have yet to finish Esentepe Seaside Home Phase 1 (I own 1), Esentepe Seaside Homes Phase II, Olive Grove Homes, and many others I could name.

Please stop spin doctoring inaccurate information only to lure other uninformed "off-plan" naive investors into Osman Ozter's fly trap.

There are a lot of people suffering who have paid huge sums of money for properties in good faith who have yet to receive title deeds or completed properties. The issues continue even 3 years later from the contracted "completion dates". These are the facts and I can back them up.

blueboy

Message Posted:
22/01/2008 15:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 22 in Discussion

I have to agree. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I also bought off plan through NCP and am also awaiting either a completed property or my money back.

NCP seem to be trying to resurrect themselves through NCP unity, so if anybody is buying through them I would be very careful

JeanHelen

Message Posted:
18/03/2008 19:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 22 in Discussion

Hi - I also have the misfortune of buying off-plan an apartments at serenity site sept 2006 and have noticed on the NCP unity website they are selling the land for 1.5million - Anyone know my next step , I have got my title deeds stamped at the Turkish embassy in London and posted back before deadline to my lawyer , yet they have now advertised this land for sale ???? How can they do this ??? I am getting no response from Ozman and no replies to emails !!

I am totally in the dark as are a few other people who have paid for these apts and all we have had is empty promises - I don;t know what else to do ? Can soemone give advice please ? - Many Thanks Jean

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.