North Cyprus Tourist Board - TRNC Car Tax on UK car
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > TRNC Car Tax on UK car

TRNC Car Tax on UK car

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Additional Costs in North Cyprus

SunloverK

Message Posted:
04/09/2009 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Does anyone know..... if I bring a UK car over here, with the intention of keeping it here for up to 1 year and therefore no need to register it, will I need to get it taxed here? And if so, is there likely to be a problem at the port when I arrive with the car, before I have a chance to get the tax?

Many thanks

joandjelly

Message Posted:
05/09/2009 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

As far as I know your UK tax needs to be valid for the time you will be driving it here so make sure you have 12 months tax when you bring it over.

Hector

Message Posted:
05/09/2009 00:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Unless you have already imported furniture, in which case they regard you as a resident for import purposes and you will need to go to tax office.

Hector

Message Posted:
05/09/2009 00:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Actually, ignore my last post. You shouldn't have a problem re car tax until your UK tax runs out. Make sure your car complies with the local laws like having mud flaps, correct first aid kit with high vis jacket etc.

muggins

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 12:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

My husband imported his car with only a few months UK road tax and we have not had a problem with renewing road tax over here except the price, we have twice paid 845TL for six months and this runs out in January. We will then have to decide whether or not to keep car over and then having to pay import tax (which will be more tha the car is worth). Either way, they have you by the short and curlies. By the way, does anyone know if the import tax is still reduced and for how long.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.