North Cyprus Tourist Board - School in the Kyrenia area
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > School in the Kyrenia area

School in the Kyrenia area

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

» See All North Cyprus Schools Posts

windygale37

Message Posted:
07/09/2009 21:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Can anyone recommend a school in the Kyrenai area or surrounding. My son is entering year six.

ataturk

Message Posted:
07/09/2009 22:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Are you living here at the

moment or looking to move here.

tulik

Message Posted:
07/09/2009 22:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

English of Kyrenia without a doubt.

professoregit

Message Posted:
08/09/2009 09:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Both Girne American College and Sunny Lane are established. My Girls go to Girne American but it's pricey

and to be honest about as good as an okay state school in the UK. Sunny Lane, by all accounts is improving and is better value, but I understand they have recently got rid of a large amount of established staff with new

one arriviing for the start of term. English School, very new, will have the inevitable teething problems.

You must visit all, be open minded, ask loads of questions, walk round and get the feel. Then you will have

a good idea. Good luck!

richb

Message Posted:
08/09/2009 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

We have been very impressed with the organisation and administration building up to the English School's opening tomorrow. The building is bright and welcoming and the staff very friendly.

Rich

windygale37

Message Posted:
08/09/2009 21:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

we move into a rented property 1 october, with the intensions to stay

mishmash

Message Posted:
09/09/2009 08:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

My children go to Sunnylane and this year they have a number of new staff however the atmosphere at the school is much more positive and they have introduced new curriculum subjects too. The summer's exam results were excellent with IGCSE passes in A's etc. Would definately recommend Sunnylane I wouldnt send mine elsewhere but obviously you need to have a look and get a feel not every school is right for every child but it is an established school going in the right direction.

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
09/09/2009 10:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Sunny Lane is the only established English School and by all accounts they had a good year on the GCSE front.

The English school of Kyrenia definately looks impressive and I'm sure they will be a success looking at the building and the plans they have - but for peace of mind you might be better off with Sunny Lane for now.

GAU by all accounts isn't that great - only going by friends who have changed from there to Sunny Lane.

Anyway, have a look at them all and GOOD LUCK with what you decide.

Toblergirl

Message Posted:
09/09/2009 17:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

My two children started school at ESK this morning. Looked at all the others before registering there. I chose ESK for my kids as I was impressed by the owner's vision.They were always friendly and happy to answer any questions I had and there were many!

The school looked impressive this morning and the staff were so helpful and welcoming and it was their 1st school day in their new building.Congratulations and Good Luck to them. It's great for north Cyprus.

I'd give them a call as I've read that registrations have started for next year!

Go and take a look and see if it will suit your children.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.