North Cyprus Tourist Board - boat trip to turkey
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > boat trip to turkey

boat trip to turkey

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus History

jemjem

Message Posted:
16/04/2008 23:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

can any body tell me about getting a ferry across to the mainland , where it docks and how long it takes is it worth going for a day trip cheers bob

ukturk

Message Posted:
17/04/2008 00:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

hi jemjem

there are two ways you can come over to turkey one is with a car from kyrenia to tasucu (mersin) but this takes a bit of time and also there is not much to see in mersin, the other way is being a foot passanger and go from girne on a hydrofoil to alanya and this takes 3.5 hours and alanya is a very nice seaside resort this would be a great day out and it is also close to antalya if you want to go for a long weekend

i have provided links to ferries and info below hope this helps

http://ferries-turkey.com/cyprus/cyprus-en.html

http://www.fergun.net/uk/index.htm

warm regards

ukturk

jemjem

Message Posted:
17/04/2008 00:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

cheers ukturk the hydrofoil looks the best will get my turkey map out ive been to olideiz and marmaris sorry about the spelling ,im shaw you know them might try a weekend when over in may thanks bob

ukturk

Message Posted:
17/04/2008 00:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

no probs

when was you over in marmaris did you like it, im in marmaris,i spend most of my year in turkey and cyprus got the best of both worlds as they say

and like i said the hydrofoil is a much better option because you will like alyana very chilled like olu-deniz and you are not far away from antalya

regards

ukturk

jemjem

Message Posted:
17/04/2008 01:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

remember mamaris well, lovely beach with lots of gorgiuos girls and miles of market used to get lost, never did get my rug , we are talking at least fifteen years ago . spent many nights in the boat bar in olu-deniz wakeing up on the bar next morning thats in my younger days. we had a weeks tour and a week on the coast . there is so much history over there . i bet things have changed big time since

ukturk

Message Posted:
17/04/2008 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

hi jemjem

belive you me a lot has changed since you was out here, you wont reconise the place, the beach in marmaris has gone down in quality but there are lovely beaches around in iclemer and gokova and turunc and the night life is second to none!!!!, olu deniz has also changed but is over crowded with loads of people its just nice to spend the weekend their not a long holiday, like i said alayna on a boat trip from girne will be you best bet you will love it

warm regards

ukturk

briggus

Message Posted:
17/04/2008 23:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Uturk - not quite a regular on here. We have property on the Karpaz. Love the Turkish mainland and the people - Akyaka is a lovely spot - quite near Mamaris (which is a little too busy for us). Datca, Dalyan, Fetiye and Gumusluk - enjoyed them all and the wonderful giant pide breads, meze - Turkish kitchens.

Quite fancy Adrasan/Cavus area - is it practical to get there from Alanya?

Regards

Briggus

ukturk

Message Posted:
18/04/2008 10:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

hi briggus

im glad you love the turkish mainland got some of the most lovely scenic places i have ever seen, akyaka and gokova love them places im nearly there every weekend having breakfast and in the summer where the beach is to die for, datca is very up and coming now a lot of development is going on around there and the road from marmaris to datca has vastly improved (thank god)

ok if you do take the hydrofoil from girne to alanya which takes around 3 and a bit hours it is quite pratical to get to adrasan which is in the kemer region just past antalya the bus journey takes 2 hours and 45 mins from alanya so realy a day trip would be out of the question it will probabley be better for a long weekend

hope this helps

regards

ukturk

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
18/04/2008 13:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Bob - lots of gorgeous girls eh!!!! You have a gorgeous girl at home!!!!! I went to Marmaris when I was about 21 (long time ago!!!). Had a great holiday!

ukturk

Message Posted:
18/04/2008 13:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

bhw

what you mean a long time ago by my calculations it was only 4 years ago!!!lol ı thought i had reconised you from somewhere before it was you in the bars on the beach front pole dancing on the top of the bar tops with your seductive puple hair free flowing in everybodys face!!!!! lol

everyone seems to love marmaris i speak to that come here cos it has everything for everyone if you want a chill out or you want a mad one it has got it all, but a lot has changed since you come over and everyone is welcome to come over and i will be your first class tour rep but im sorry hotel ukturk is running at full capacity this year maybe when im in cyprus we can do a house swap!!!!

warm regards

ukturk

briggus

Message Posted:
18/04/2008 21:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

UKTurk - thanks for the info.

Jealous of your breakfast visits and the info on Datca is interesting - yes the old road was challenging. The peninsular is lovely - well the small bit I have seen!

Regards

Briggus

phylray

Message Posted:
18/04/2008 21:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

This is interesting as I was told few years ago that ferry was overnight but if

it is only 3 1/2 hrs. from Alanya I will see if I can get flight from Glasgow there

next time. Visited Marmaris, Fethiye when working in Istanbul late 80's/90 &

loved it but it's maybe changed since. I have flat in TBV & going over 10/5/08

for a week.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
18/04/2008 21:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

UKTurk - how did you spot me amongst all those gorgeous girls. Those poles did no good for the arthritis!!!! LOL

hammer

Message Posted:
18/04/2008 23:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

I have ben to Khusadsi and marmaris. love turkey I visited pumakali its one of the most wonderous places i have been. It was at a time you could bathe in the calcium pools. Am i right that you can no longer do this.

ukturk

Message Posted:
19/04/2008 00:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

hi guys

bhw who would not spot you among the gorgeous girls its exactly like you said they are girls and its easy to spot a woman among girls like a fine wine tastes better when its more mature!!!! lol

phylray yes a lot has changed since you was last in turkey especailly marmaris and fethiye, istanbul love the place taksim is defo the place to be and what other city can you visit where east meets west and europe and asia come together, the timetables have changed for the hydrofoil crossing if departing from girne the day and time of departure is every sunday and wednesday at 11:00am and the return crossing is monday and thursday 12:00pm so you cant really go over for the day you would have to spend the night in turkey

hammer kusadasi is nice but still prefer marmaris but i would say that!!!!, yes you are right pambukale is very restriced now you can even go near the baths because over all th years the rocks are rapidly rotting away from all the tourists stepping all over it what a shame!!!!!

warm regards

ukturk

jemjem

Message Posted:
19/04/2008 02:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

ukturk dont get confused between fine wines and the girls you are describing ive met these so called girls stick to ther brandy sours and leave the rest to the imagination bob

Brookie

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 00:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

We are moving to TRNC in September. Can anyone tell me if we take a day trip to Turkey will there be shops with cheaper UK goods ? Im talking about toiletries in the main. Do people do shopping trips over in the same way we do trips over to France from here ?

ukturk

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 11:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

hi brookie

you can do day trips from girne to alayna but if you intend to do some shopping then one day is not enough because you will have to travel into town, so i would say stay overnight and then you wont have to rush about

you can look at the links i provided in message 2 on times and general info

hope this helps

regards

ukturk

Brookie

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 00:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

Cok tessekurler! Looking forward to moving to Kibris - and taking a boat trip over to the mainland. So many questions, so little time this is a really useful site and thank you for your help. Haydi!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.