North Cyprus Tourist Board - Buying property in Kyrenia / Northern Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Buying property in Kyrenia / Northern Cyprus

Buying property in Kyrenia / Northern Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

billywhiz

Message Posted:
09/09/2009 22:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 50 in Discussion

hi, new member so forgive me, sure this has been asked many times, i have taken early retirement and looking to buy, seems absolute minefield as regards deeds, has anyone bought and would you recommend it pleae

eager

Message Posted:
09/09/2009 23:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 50 in Discussion

Quick, Below the parapet !!

rowlo

Message Posted:
09/09/2009 23:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 50 in Discussion

hi billywhiz , welcome to the board ,we,ve bought , no regrets but we did,nt buy of plan , rent for a while ,take your time to look around , plenty of bargains to be had on finished properties enjoy .

billywhiz

Message Posted:
10/09/2009 01:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 50 in Discussion

many thanks, where are you?

Jeannie

Message Posted:
10/09/2009 01:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 50 in Discussion

billywhiz - No...................don't do it! As I mentioned in a previous post, to hear Rowlo talk, you'd get the impression that he lives here permanently - he doesn't!

Listen to all the advice you'll get on this board - very carefully!!!

Good luck (but still, don't do it)

J

CyprusChill

Message Posted:
10/09/2009 03:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 50 in Discussion

find your place, then buy.

everon

Message Posted:
10/09/2009 08:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 50 in Discussion

rent first x

joandjelly

Message Posted:
10/09/2009 10:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 50 in Discussion

What difference does it make if Rowlo lives here permanently or not Jeannie? He bought a re-sale and has no regrets. He recommends renting and taking time to look around. Sound advice I would say.

girne 29

Message Posted:
10/09/2009 10:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 50 in Discussion

billywhiz

Do not touch Off Plan with a bargepole as with amount of property available ,no need to take on the risk of re mortgaged land etc ,problems with electric water connections, unfinished work and waiting for years, or forever,for title deed and ownership.

Make sure the seller has title deeds to prove ownership. It also means you should have no problem in obtaining title,as the initial hurdles have been overcome as regards PTP.

Go into HBPG website .

Do not sell up and invest everything,better still rent for a while

When you do buy ,if you do the above ,I dont think you will regret it.

stockiefan

Message Posted:
10/09/2009 10:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 50 in Discussion

Yes he will!!!

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
10/09/2009 11:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 50 in Discussion

Billywhiz

I have 3 properties in the TRNC one in Kyrenia and two in Lapta. The off plan apartment is a nightmare the other 2 were re-sales and not a problem at all. Given the current climate Please take the advice don't touch off plan buy something that is built. Go over look around on your own not inspection visits and then decide there are some bargains to be had which in time should prove to be a very good investment......... GOOD lUCK.

Sunbug

Message Posted:
10/09/2009 11:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 50 in Discussion

If you want to be on the safe side.. rent first to get a feel for things, thereafter if you worry about the political situation and implication look for original foreign or turkish title deed (more expensive but still good properties to be found) or go for exchange title property, much less expensive but higher risk regarding property ownership and possible 'compensation' issues. We have both available - if you like some assistance or get a first idea, come buy anytime or I can send you some info via e-mail.

Stewart

Message Posted:
10/09/2009 13:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 50 in Discussion

Hi, I first bought 4 years ago, I now have a portfolio of properties that i buy / sell & rent and am still uk based.

I suggest in the first instance, perhaps you rent your uk property and rent in NC with the proceeds....you could rent several properties in NC during your first year, this will give you a feel for the different areas in NC whilst giving you a feel for the property market.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further advice via stua@fsmail.mail ( subject NC )

goodluck

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
10/09/2009 14:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 50 in Discussion

We have bought and sold 2 resales and now had a property built. Would we do it again? Yes, definitely we would!

However we have been here some time now and are settled and know lots of people and who to ask etc but to anyone new coming over I would seriously think about advising them to rent as many have moved over here and found it is not quite what they expected it to be once they got here for one reason or another.

You will also learn through this forum, friends experiences and the Home Buyers Pressure Group how to protect yourself as much as is possible when purchasing property.

Don't come over thinking it is as easy as buying in UK because the lawyers tell you that the laws are based on UK laws but it is a long drawn out performance and you will not always get your permission to purchase (then you will not get your title deeds). This is only one of the many reasons you must do your homework .

Look around for resales only.

billywhiz

Message Posted:
10/09/2009 20:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 50 in Discussion

many thanks for your advice

rowlo

Message Posted:
10/09/2009 22:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 50 in Discussion

msg,5 jeannie , when or where did i say i live here permanently , i said im to young to retire , but would love to live there permanently , could if i wanted to , but would get bored reading the crap you post on here all day , dont forget to put the steradent in the glass tonight xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

rowlo

Message Posted:
11/09/2009 00:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 50 in Discussion

where have you gone suzanne msg 5 , cat got your tongue???????????????????????????????????

resso

Message Posted:
11/09/2009 05:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 50 in Discussion

apt for sale ın kyrınea 60.000 3 bed ıng funesh

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
11/09/2009 10:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 50 in Discussion

billywhiz/ Msg 1:

All I can say is that I hope you've got 'nerves of steel' - you'll certainly need them to deal with all the bullsh*t, bureaucracy, lies and cr*p!!!

mamachina

Message Posted:
11/09/2009 14:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 50 in Discussion

We bought off plan - well sort of - foundations in, in 2005 and moved over here in Dec 2006 - all finished except for road and electric in. All done eventually. Decided to move, and bought resale. Still need to sell original - nothing wrong with it, but due to medical conditions needed to move. Love it here, ok lots of problems but keeps mind busy getting them sorted! Life is not always easy!!!! "If you can stand the heat move into the kitchen" - go with the flow, life is great.

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
11/09/2009 15:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 50 in Discussion

We bought off-plan with no problems. Sold that one and bought another one off-plan (but bigger) - no problems again. When you are looking about ask the agents if the re-sale properties have deeds in the owners name and if the taxes have been paid.

There are some very good builders out there, but beware that (like anywhere in the world) there are also some dodgy ones.

Most of all... take your time and enjoy the experience!! GOOD LUCK

Happy Hussar

Message Posted:
11/09/2009 16:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 50 in Discussion

When you do get around to buying, get yourself a solicitor to represent you. Do not use the Agents solicitor or one recommended by them. Above all avoid Unwins.

HH

girne 29

Message Posted:
11/09/2009 17:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 50 in Discussion

message 21

"There are some very good builders out there, but beware that (like anywhere in the world) there are also some dodgy ones. "

Sorry do not agree that it is "like anywhere else in the world".very few places have no legal protection for the buyer against the builder or developer.Very few countries or none, at all make you pay for a building but a allow the builder/developer to retain ownership for years or for ever.

On the contrary people should definately not treat it like anywhere else.Especially when buying off plan,

As has been said before, dodgy things do happen elsewhere ,the difference is that here these practises are not illegal.

Portia

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 14:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 50 in Discussion

Hi

Regretfully I have a property to sell if you are interested. 3 bedroomed, communal pool, etc. I have used a turkish/english speaking solicitor who has kept me up to date with everything and is very proactive/passionate. No regrets. email me if you wish - porshe_masi@hotmail.co.uk

thanks

joandjelly

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 17:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 50 in Discussion

If you do find a resale that has the deeds in the owner's name make sure you check that the house is on the deed and it's not just a land Kocan.

littlejohn

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 02:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 50 in Discussion

Don't do it!! The place is already overrun with English ex pats who continue to ruin what was once one of the most relaxing places to take a holiday. Much as in the south of the island!!!

Carrie202

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 06:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 50 in Discussion

Hi All - very interesting thanks for the info above ....

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 50 in Discussion

Don't be fooled into thinking you can do your 'homework' - investing here is a 'suck it & see' lottery!

About 20 odd years ago in RoC, an 'old hand' used to give potential buyers some sound advice:

'Never put a penny into Cyprus that you're not prepared to lose with a smile!'

dizzycows

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 13:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 50 in Discussion

billywhiz, we bought a resale, no probs, just do what you want to do. But listen to the ones that have had problems, not the negative ones that say 'dont do it' 'too many brits here now'. Rubbish, more the merrier, helps the world go round, gets you out and away from Gordon the Gorgons miserable lot as well

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 15:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 50 in Discussion

Girne 29 - msg 23

What a load of old Tosh!!! I know people that have been ripped off in the UK by rogue builders and developers, and the scum have got away with it.

In South Cyprus people have been waiting 20 years for their deeds from developers - where is the " legal protection for the buyer against the builder or developer" in Southern Cyprus.

In Spain and Bularia the same problems experienced in the TRNC have been experienced there. Just look through Google and you will find a "CYPRUS44" for most countries with people complaining about all the same things as people do on here.

If you think the the TRNC is an isolated case then you are very wrong my friend. And, despite what you read on here, there are many people who have brought off-plan with no problems.

Billywhiz - do what you feel comfortable with mate and live with your decision... right or wrong.

GOOD LUCK and enjoy!!!

dizzycows

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 16:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 50 in Discussion

Well said msg 30, if you go onto the Spainish forums you will see that they have a terrible time re builders etc.

Family have bought in France, now they cant sell because of some reg about the mayors permission!

Enjoy the life, you only get one chance, and its nice and warm in nc.

And no Gordon the Gorgan on the TV every day

littlejohn

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 00:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 50 in Discussion

Dizzy - wise up !!

Jeannie

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 02:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 50 in Discussion

Yes dizzy - wise up. I do not agree with littlejohn's posts because I think he is a troublemaker, but your posts are becoming more and more insipid. You have gone from being insulting and personal to being everyone's best mate. You asked in a previous post why all the good posters have left, and you quoted "same posters have been on here four/five months" and "who sent them away".

Well, I'll tell you, shall I - people like you.

I would assume, possibly wrongly, that you have had, at some point, a warning from the Mods to be a little more careful in your posts. You had a ban earlier in the year (what a relief that was) and, I think, following your warning recently, you've come back as the new 'caring, sharing, dizzycows'. Except you do not have the ability to keep it up. You are very transparant in as much as you feel the need to comment on any post in which myself, or some others, post on, usually opposing our points of view. cont'd

Jeannie

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 02:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 50 in Discussion

You should perhaps be a little more careful - you have, today, had a pop at Minertor for correcting someone's spelling. Perhaps it annoys Minertor, being a chap whose spelling and grammar is very correct, that people make infantile mistakes?

J

PS Proger - you see what I mean???

Jean

hattikins

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 11:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 50 in Discussion

Jean,

I take my hat off to you, it has been a real struggle for me to stay quiet and polite about this person, she has, as my dear mum would have said, got more faces than the town hall clock, nobody slated Lilli more than she did but look at her now, fawning over the owner was the phrase she used, thankfully Lilli is all there with her cough drops and won't be fooled by this change of heart.

Should anyone disagree with her point of view she starts with her personal, and frankly infantile insults, she then says it is healthy debate, well no, it's not, she just wants confrontation all the time, just look back on her posts and tell me when she has contributed to anything.

She is posting an average of 7 posts a day, most of them tripe, perhaps she thinks her five stars will bring her the recognition she obviously craves.

It is her and the likes of her that have driven decent posters away and I hope the mods keep a close eye on her in the future and monitor her posts carefully.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 11:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 50 in Discussion

Jeannie and Hattikins, it is both of you that get persional the same as our DC!! I have only been on this forum for 4/5 mths and you 3 have tried to belittle most folks spelling, grammer, their beliefs! You three cosy up to the mods, email them for support, get very nasty if any one does not agree with what ever you think is right! Smoking being one, ever since some of us thought this habit was horrible to others you have gone out your way to be nasty. I told you Hattikins and Jeannie to both stop being so childish, but both of you tried to insult me enough to get me to stop posting any thing, Jeannie even trolled through my posts to insult, Hattikins even thought she would be banned because of her insults and then you have the bloody cheek to ask what we want in Cyp 44!!!

Perhaps you three should just have this forum to yourselves, your little club, you ask where have all the old posters gone, well start to look at yourselfs.!!

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 12:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 50 in Discussion

To get back on thread: 'Buying Property In Kyrenia' - I expect many people are wondering:

'In the last year, how much property is actually being bought and sold, and by who to whom?'

For instance, what is the ratio of apartments compared to resales and 'off-plans'?

One would think there must be some source from where such statistics can be obtained.

Perhaps, the 'Star', or 'Cyprus Today', could carry out the necessary investigative journalism and enlighten us all.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 12:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 50 in Discussion

Cont for Jeannie and Hattikins, Jeannie you assume to much as another poster told you, re Liili etc, where on my posts have I insulted Lillie?? you, I have been told have been banned in the past. You also have said it was the last time both of you were going to reply to my posts!! So why now, not once had any one personally insulted you, the thread was about something some of us did not like, you both got 'airieaited' and in fact if you look back you both were the ones that insulted first, retaliation to your remarks were met with more written insults.

Jeannie, someone else tried to tell you that you were making to many assumptions, but no you were right.

I do not have to cosy up to any one my dears, I remain as I am, where as both of you have a profile on line, thats your choice, mine is mine.

So go and do your knitting or what ever lol xxxxxxxxxx

dizzycows

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 12:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 50 in Discussion

Just forgot my dears, never been banned, if you look its the ones that left before I joined, many many in facthave left last year looking at the board. Again you try and be little, the same as Littlejohn, sorry to dissapoint you, but have to correct you once again, never been warned by the mods, I do not go in for 'grassing', which is your forte, I do not want any one to be banned, have told poor hattikins that after one of her 'outbursts'. XXXXX

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 12:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 50 in Discussion

dizzycows: May I, and I'm sure many others will be in agreement, politely request that you start an alternative thread to continue to air all these unpleasantries - thank you in anticipation of your co-operation with this reasonable request.

Back to 'Buying Property in Kyrenia'..............comments re Msg 37 would be appreciated by many!

dizzycows

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 13:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 50 in Discussion

Tenakoutou, of course you are right, sorry but was answering two ladieds that put up their posts first, lol xxx

Still think that buying in NC is ok, same as any where else, you get problems where ever you buy, we something already built, so did not have the same probs as buying off plan. lol

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 19:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 50 in Discussion

rowlo sound advice

take your time its abuyers market

dizzy your hot as usual x

girne 29

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 50 in Discussion

Dizzycows and St George 30&31

I did NOT say these things did not happen elsewhere. I said they were against the law elsewhere,and builders etc get away with it because they know how to circumvent the law, not because the law doesnt exist.

I also did NOT say that everybody had a bad time with off plan,I am sure many have no problem with mortgage ptp and deeds,but enough including myself have not ,so why take the risk.

As for France, I have a half share in a house in Argeles,and although I didnt have to much to do with the buying ,I seem to remember the buying process was quite well regulated. If you think the safeguards are the same in NC as in France ,then we must agree to disagree.

Anyway Billywhiz, just go for Offplan if you want ,and dont be put off with what is after all only a personal opinion of mine. StGeorge and Dizzycows are off a different but equally valid opinion .At the end of the day ,take account of all opinions and experiences and make your own mind up.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 50 in Discussion

Hi girne29, regarding the buying process in France it is quite straight forward, in my post I mentioned that it was the selling that has been a problem for them, my family found it very easy to buy but have hit a lot of obsticals re selling, and some expats have been waiting years for the local mayor to agree on the sales! dont know enough about their probs, so wont comment any more about that.

Think billywuiz has plenty of stuff to trawl through now, lol

girne 29

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 23:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 50 in Discussion

dizzycows

Didnt know about problem with mayors and selling in France , will follow that up in case of future probs if selling.Perhaps just local but worth checking. Ta

noggin

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 23:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 50 in Discussion

Hi all, i am new to the site this evening!!!!!!!!!! I am thinking of buying a resale villa in Esentepe. Built in 2005 by North Cyprus Villas. It is one of 16 on the seside villas phase one site. Can anyone give an opinion about this development and builder? I am sure youcan and i would appreciate your input.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
16/09/2009 10:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 50 in Discussion

noggin/Msg46:

In your case, it's ESSENTIAL to get in touch with HBPG (Home Buyers Pressure Group) - they'll give you the 'low-down' on this potential deal you're thinking about, e.g., 'is the site parcelised, or mortgaged?'

For goodness sake take this advice with the utmost seriousness and Google HBPG website!

leyla

Message Posted:
29/09/2009 15:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 50 in Discussion

billywhiz

i have a 4 double bedroomed villa for sales with 12 by 6 pool massive garage and garden surrounding and 2 mins from town centre by car and maybe at most 10 mins walk if you are intrested let me know

Thanks Leyla

lozdural@hotmail.com

for pictures details price and other enquires

woko01

Message Posted:
12/10/2009 12:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 50 in Discussion

hi there Ive bought an apptment in palm bay view,Wounderfull place and a pptment with wounderfull views and fully furnished Ive to sell for ressons if intested get in touch

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
13/10/2009 02:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 50 in Discussion

We bought Turkish title, had an English/Turkish speaking Lawyer - only a few probs - all of which were ironed out.......overall very pleased.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.