North Cyprus Tourist Board - Travel restrictions? Live in the North, work in the South
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Travel restrictions? Live in the North, work in the South

Travel restrictions? Live in the North, work in the South

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

mwragg

Message Posted:
11/09/2009 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Sorry, I guess this topic has probably been covered a million times so please excuse my ignorance:-

As a UK citizen what restrictions/difficulties might there be in my dailty commute should I manage to live in North Cyprus and work in South Cyprus?

Also, while I mention this, if someone is in North Cyprus on a 90 day Visa can they simply renew this by having a day in the South or is it necessary to go (as I believe many do) to mainland Turkey and back?

Quarmby

Message Posted:
11/09/2009 14:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

I believe many people commute daily from north to south for work, so should not be a problem. Would it not be easier to get your temporary residency just like most people get, surely it must be cheaper at 175 TL pa than several trips toTurkey

mwragg

Message Posted:
11/09/2009 15:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks. I don't know how the temporary residency thing works but I will surely look into it

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
11/09/2009 16:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Absolutely no problem with living in the North and working in the South, my wife crosses every day without a hitch - she even gets an occasional smile from the customs staff (almost unheard of).

Agree with Quarmby - get your temporary residency sorted out as soon as you arrive. It can be a bit of hassle jumping through the beurocratic hoops but it is shortlived pain for long term gain.

Good Luck

Regards

Paul

mwragg

Message Posted:
11/09/2009 17:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks for the info and encouragement Paul

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
11/09/2009 17:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

As Paul, and others, say, sort out your tempoary residencey first. If you continually cross from North to South on a tourist visa the authorities will come down heavy on you when they suspect that you are bending the rules on a tourist visa. One day you may well return return and they won't let you enter!

mwragg

Message Posted:
11/09/2009 17:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Ok. I guess this was the definitive answer I was looking for when I posted this topic

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.