North Cyprus Tourist Board - Electric Supply Kavanlar
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Electric Supply Kavanlar

Electric Supply Kavanlar

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Kavanlar Apartments Threads posted so far

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

wallace

Message Posted:
11/09/2009 20:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 26 in Discussion

Can I ask if anyone in phase 2, 3, 4 & 5 been asked to contribute £1,000 towards the electricity sub station so they get electric to your apartment?

liz w

Message Posted:
11/09/2009 21:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 26 in Discussion

if its not in your contract you are not obliged to pay anything. We were asked to pay £1000 towards a generator, which faled to materialise and we got our money back.

Liz

debdebs

Message Posted:
12/09/2009 00:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 26 in Discussion

phase 1 are having to pay the £1000 or they have been told they wont get there deeds

sporty

Message Posted:
12/09/2009 02:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 26 in Discussion

I know the couple that i'm buying the apartment from on phase 2 paid it when they had their keys.

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
12/09/2009 09:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 26 in Discussion

sporty are you sure ? this is £1000 extra

kav

sporty

Message Posted:
12/09/2009 11:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 26 in Discussion

yes,positive mate,kavanlar wouldnt let them have their keys until it was paid!

Struben

Message Posted:
19/09/2009 13:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 26 in Discussion

It would appear that even if it is not a clause in your contract to pay the £1000, some people have been asked for it, and if they pay this fee, they can get their deeds witin 7 days. So it is seems that we are once again, being blackmailed!!!

Who knows what Kavanlar will come up with next - £1000 for Sewerage, Gardens - anything that suits them not the Owners, it just goes on and on. Even if it is not in the contract, it really doesn't mean a thing.

Struben

Message Posted:
19/09/2009 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 26 in Discussion

Sorry, forgot to ask, if anyone has paid this £1000, which has been asked for by Kavanlar, have they in fact received their deeds?

steveg1947

Message Posted:
20/09/2009 16:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 26 in Discussion

I was originally asked for £1000 towards a generator on Phase 2. I didn't pay it and I have my keys! That, as we know, does not mean that Kavanlar will not ask for it in exchange for the deeds.

Naomi Mehemt's advice regarding this and any other ways that builders try to get more money, is 2 options.

1 Don't pay and then possibly not get deeds, or

2 Pay up then try to get the money back, which could be expensive and take several years with no guarantee that you will get you money back.

I wonder what Kavanlar would do if EVERYONE on all phases refused to pay anything that is not written into their contract?

Steve

P.S. I will be over from October 24th for a week, so if there is to be a delegation going to see Ilker, then count me in.

diverman

Message Posted:
09/10/2009 20:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 26 in Discussion

interesting thread all

I'll be over tomorrow, buying penthouse in phase 5, and am hoping to meet Hulya from Kavanlar who've promised "the apartment will be finished in early October" ....hum.

Well maybe, but in the country where "tomorrow" simply means "not today" I'm not holding my breath.

I'll see what mention is made face to face about this extra money then and advise further.

liz w

Message Posted:
09/10/2009 22:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 26 in Discussion

Hi diverman, we had a look around last week and while they all appear to be finished and the painting is getting finished off ,there was a distinct lack of water tanks.

I hope that you are not up above that concrete water tank in the field as it was very green and stagnant ,a prime breeding ground for mozzies etc.

Liz

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 08:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 26 in Discussion

are they to build in that field thats now clear ,infront of you in 5 ???

liz w

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 18:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 26 in Discussion

I wonder if that is a possibility Kav, as there is not alot of anything happening on that so say farm !!! other than you can see where some of the animals have died and been left to rot into the ground, but thats not directly in front, but to the far side of 5 and they have obviously been there awhile.

Liz

boroboy

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 14:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 26 in Discussion

Wallace when we were over recently - received our keys for our place on phase 3- talked to Ilker re the £1k contribution for electric..He confirmed that we would not get our deeds unless this was paid......it is actually in our contract and so I will be sorting out soon.

Jimmyboy63

Message Posted:
14/10/2009 06:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 26 in Discussion

Anybody out there know when Phase 5 will be completed including utilities and all outside external work....ie not a half finished building site.

Jim

diverman

Message Posted:
25/10/2009 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 26 in Discussion

well I had my meeting with Kavanlar, and I have to say that they are cracking on.

Word on the street is that Phase 5 should be "finished" Mid November, but Kibtek have yet to sign off electrics it would seem, and water tanks and sanitaryware is being installed as I type.lots to do yet

I'm assuming end November is more realistic, but then its sorting out electric supply/ water with the Baladaye etc etc. so who knos.

No mention of any extras yet, but technically Kavanlar are in breach of the 3 month extension, and so we are in penalty land, but I'm also assuming that this will be "offset" against additional costs.

I have to say that I still think Kananlar are one of the best builders I have seen in the area, and the spec & designs & (evenual) finishes are vastly better than other developments I have seen.

As my daughter would advise i'm "Taking a chill pill" and we'll see what happens over the next few weeks.

diverman

Message Posted:
25/10/2009 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 26 in Discussion

... Liz W re Water tank, its apparently fed from a freshwater spring, and a pal of mine lives adjacent to one in Lapta, the trick is to sneak in a couple of carp, which eat any mosquito larvae, and taste disgusting so no-one will want to try & eat them! .......cool natural solution eh?

Also re utilities, see other threads for advice on how you get connected, but we've signed a power of attorney so another friend out there Sarah Cox (building up a good business helping new Kavankoyers to get up & running buy the way & great to deal with) ,, so she's going to run the gauntlet of Kibtek and the Alsancak Belladaye (?)

anyone for a moving in party next year.. shall we say Easter??

liz w

Message Posted:
26/10/2009 11:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 26 in Discussion

Good to hear that things are moving along.

You can forget the penalty bit as "pigs might fly " comes to mind about getting that paid . We were a year late!!! and nada.

I have to agree though that we feel that they are the best builders and we love our place. the only thing letting it down is the crap plumbing. lots of leaks and when they say they will come to fix them well !!!! don't hold your breath.

Phase 2 is now looking really good and we have a friendly bunch of neighbours ,Turks, Cypriots,Brits, Russians and South Africans ,there is always a friendly word. I hope you get the same on your phase , its good to know that people keep an eye on your place when you are away.

We are out again in November and are counting the days!!

Liz

diverman

Message Posted:
26/10/2009 14:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 26 in Discussion

Liz W.. Yes I 've heard all about the plumbing!

Kavanlar's reputation precedes them here , maybe with practice they will improve??

whoops..... another pig just flew by!

steveg1947

Message Posted:
01/11/2009 11:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 26 in Discussion

I met with Ilker last Monday to sort out a faulty water pump. He was ( as usual ) all smiles and very polite and immediately phoned the plumber then said that the plumber would be round the following morning!

I asked him where we were up to regarding the kocans and he told me a very sad story about having to pay £140,000 to install a transformer and electrical cabling to the other phases. He said that each buyer would have to pay £1000 towards this cost. I said that this was not in my contract and that I was not going to pay it. Ilker then said that if I did not pay, I would not get my deeds.

Ilker said that the transformer had not been budgeted for and that Kibtek had said that it must be installed. He was adamant that the deeds would not be given if the money was not paid.

I am now asking my solicitor for advice on what my rights are and what Ilker's ( Kavanlar) responsibilities are.

P.S. the plumber DID arrive the following day, at 10.00am, and fixed the pump! Thanks Ilker

cazzie

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 12:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 26 in Discussion

Same goes for a house but £1.600 they wanted to rip us off for Always calling Ilker. Pump house on pool constantly flooding Got over to cyprus in march promised house would be finished way over time limit went to see house no windows no kitchen and furniture coming over in days. Had to stay a month in hotel put furniture in storage at great cost then moved into a building site in may. No air con it was a nightmare Have sold house a year down the line and guess what it was still NOT finished Bought another from a Turk OMG never buy from a Turk the house was filthy and running alive with cockroach SO we are now back in Blighty an loving not being ripped off and this house is up for sale.

Going back to Ilker never believe what he says it took me a month to get the pool fixed and 3 days without water and we all know his catch phase This is gonna cost you extra

Struben

Message Posted:
06/12/2009 17:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 26 in Discussion

Once again, many people have been asked for their £1000 contribution to the sub-station and when paid, will get their deeds.

So the few people who have paid the £1000 - have you received your deeds?

According to "whispers" the sub station's cost was approximately £37 500 - How true this is, none of us really know. If everyone on all phases pay a £1000 - Kavanlar should get around £144 000!!!!

liz w

Message Posted:
09/12/2009 17:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 26 in Discussion

is there anything in the sub station?? as we were told that was where the Generator was to be housed.

If the sub station has anything in it, it is very very quiet.

Liz

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
09/12/2009 19:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 26 in Discussion

all a bit like the emperors new clothes

kav

Struben

Message Posted:
09/12/2009 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 26 in Discussion

Liz, we have seen workers in there somewhile ago, but have no idea what for.

It is all so strange, that this request for the £1000 has only come about fairly recently, when we took possession of the apartments almost 18 months ago. Surely we should have been notified before. Or is it because the transfer taxes are due, both by the Developers and the Owners.

Our Lawyer contacted us in April to ask if we were ready financially for the transfer taxes. Nothing at all was mentioned about the Transformer charge, so this must now be another "New Rule" - wait, maybe there is more to come!!

mickyron

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 00:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 26 in Discussion

Has anybody been in to ask Kibtec what the price should be?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.