North Cyprus Tourist Board - 3 month visa nearly over extension required where do I go
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > 3 month visa nearly over extension required where do I go

3 month visa nearly over extension required where do I go

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

basheer

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 02:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Hi everyone my daughter's visa is soon to expire,I hear there is a £50 penalty per day if she exceeds her deadline. she's been to the south side only last week but hear that is not accepted so does the police station in Girne imigration section allow a further month or do we need to go to lefkosa main police station or NOT bother if she exceeds her visa by 10 days

What if I need to go to the police station what time should i be there as i hear the queue have tickets and by 10 am they stop giving out tickets and then find out i should have gone some where else, thanks

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 02:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

You've left it to short a time to actually get the paperwork done for tempoary residency. You really should be now getting a plane ticket off the island to somewhere else and for her to return in 2 or 3 days time. Once she is back in the start tempoary residency. She can leave anytime in these 10 days and get a new visa upon return. The visa issued in the TRNC is only valid for one entry and one exit, unlike the Turkey one.

The Police do not extend any visas, even if only for one day and neither do the Immigration Police. Yes, they're 2 different departments.

You are correct in assuming that she will be fined for EVERY DAY if she does stay beyond the 90 days. She will have to pay the fines upon exit. If she cannot pay then upon her return she will have to pay double BEFORE she is given a new visa. If she can't pay upon return she is deported on the next available flight to the country from which she started her journey.

catalkoykid

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 07:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

go south and get 90 days

NatAless

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 08:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

The police in Girne will also tell her to go south for 90days, you can maybe get an extension for a month or so from Lefkoşa police but they may or may not make you pay for it! Every time it's a different story!

Best would be to try to get the residency started or find a job that gives work permit,

Natx

islandgirl

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 10:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

South is the easiest option, they normally re-issue without a problem if you have not been doing it time and time again. There is an office within the immigraton police, last time I went you had to get a number and wait in turn to see the top man.

kiwikid

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 12:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Crossing the boader does count, they usually let you do it a couple of times before they tell you to sort out your residency.

Angela

basheer

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

she has crossed the border last week, lets hope they wont be any issues relating to over staying her time

thanks

kiwikid

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Just check how long the new visa/stamp is for, it should read Uc Ay ( 3 months) or if they have given less it will be a number then GUN which means day.

Angela

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 19:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

When she crossed the border last week, on her return they must have stamped either her passport or a piece of paper with a number of days written on the visa stamp. Which ever they did now gives her a new visa with those many days from the day that the visa was issued.

One slight problem may occur that if she cannot produce this piece of paper when/if she leaves through Ercan, or any crossing to the south, and the only stamp is the one in her passport she could face many questions.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 19:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

If the white paper is lost just go across the border for an hour, returning asking for 90 days.

Richard

Mindy

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Is your daughter intending to live here or just a visit which has gone over the 90 days a little. If she is going to want to stay in NC then temp residency is the only option, as we know here it depends on who you get at Metahan (Immigration) nothing is standard here so if I was her I would definitely apply for residency as soon as possible.On the other hand she could get a cheap flight to Antalya for 2 or 3 days then come back. I believe it is so cheap for accomadation over there and Pegasus have flights for around 30 pound one way. Good luck

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.