North Cyprus Tourist Board - Peyman - Solicitor - Tough or weak?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Peyman - Solicitor - Tough or weak?

Peyman - Solicitor - Tough or weak?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

billyboy1

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 19:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Hello all

Can any one give me any indication as to what this lady is like, as in getting things done and sorted....

Is she tough, dont take no rubbish from any one etc...follows through

The reason I would like to know is that she is sorting out a complicated will

Any info on her would be helpful

Thanks

Oxoners

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

In my view weak, but that only my opinion.

bellapasta

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 20:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

hi billyboy,

if u saying that its complicated why dont u stick to the ones that r well known such as gunesh mentesh or especially gursel kadri.

Sylvia

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

In my experience with the lady she's just the same as most of them here. e.g. no good, wants money for nothing

BigBen

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 21:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Hi billyboy,

If you are lookıng for a good lawyer mail me will give you my recomended lıst

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 23:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

We had a similar problem to yours, Billyboy - after trying two other advocates we went to Peyman.

She was straight and honest with us, and we believe her influence (because her husband is a retired High Court judge) got 'the job done' far quicker than if we'd been to any other advocate.

If you have a complicated Will, with Claimant(s) going for half, or more than half, take our advice and make a Protocol. It is better to agree a quick settlement with a claimant (by Protocol), because litigation is liable to take a minimum of 3-5 years and your legal costs, if you try to fight it in court, will be horrendous - i.e. probably more than the sum of any settlement to the Claimant by Protocol Agreement.

Should you pursue the 'litigation route'; even after 5 years, the court are liable to look at the lump sum in dispute and give half to each Claimant, even for a TRNC Notarised document.

The stress of uncertainty involved, as it was, made us both ill and irritable - please listen!

Johnatcastle

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 00:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Used her for a few things that were 'complicated' and she was very good indeed. I recommended her to someone else and she did an excellent job for them too on a property issue . I used and dropped three 'advocates' before finding Peyman. Not sure on the husband connection getting 'things done quicker' but all the experience I have had with her has been positive. Like an earlier poster she is quite 'straight talking' but I like that in a solicitor (advocate) as I don't want to hear all the BS..

Her secretary Maureen is also very helpful (and English) when it comes to phone call and e-mails and is quite knowledgeable too.

Good luck in sorting out your 'complicated will'

All the best

John.

billyboy1

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 00:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Thanks for the advice everyone

It is someone I know that is Using Peyman to make their will, the will itself is a bit unusual...But what I have been told by the person, Peyman has advised very well and covered any loopholes that could crop up in the future....

The person making the will does not want any problems for the surviving relatives once they have departed this earth....

Thanks all

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 08:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Billyboy - you should have made clear at the start that you were looking for the best advocate to PREPARE a Will - not 'sorting out' one; that implies that the Will is being disputed.

However, in either case, choosing Peyman would be a wise decision - make sure that this Will is witnessed, notarised, and lodged with the court.

elko2

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 09:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

I can recommend Peyman as a good experienced advocate and one of the more serious ones. Her husband Taner is a retired chief justice and a very good friend of mine but I dispute one of the messages above that he would interfere with the justice system in any way or use his influence one way or other. Peyman is a very good lawyer in her own right.

ismet

http://www.elkocyprus.com

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 09:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Can someone post her contact details please

kaiserphil

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 09:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Those of our neighbours who used Peyman received their PTB a long time ago (Turkish Title). Those of us who didn't still don't have them, and probably never will!

billyboy1

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 11:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Thanks again everyone

Will is lodged with courts, stamped etc, copies have been given to the executor also.....With Peymans advice and assistance I am sure there will be no problems when it comes to the execution of the will.....

Hope it aint for a long time though....person just getting their house in order

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.