North Cyprus Tourist Board - Table Top Relpacement?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Table Top Relpacement?

Table Top Relpacement?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all Do It Yourself (DIY) threads posted so far

liz w

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 14:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Hi could anyone tell me where I could get a replacement top for a round table. The glass is broken on this one and we need to replace it with something ,it could be wood or glass and not bothered about the hole in the middle. Also don't want to pay a fortune!!!!

Any idea's ?

Liz

liz w

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 15:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

do Yapi markets cut glass??

Vidal

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Liz

If I were you i'd jump in the car with the measurements and stop at all the carpenters, marble cutters and window fitters (toughened glass?) between Alsancak and Girne both in the village and along the main rd. Just get some prices from them all. Maybe take a picture on your camera to help with any explanations.

liz w

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 17:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

thanks for that Vidal ,thats a good idea.

Liz

scamper

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 17:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Liz,

the above suggestion from Vidal is a good one. Do not, however, be tempted to try Koli Dekorasyon in Karaoglanoglu. We had a similar problem with our round glass table and after being quoted £120.00 to replace with safety glass, and having the work done, the top shattered on the way home, NOT safety glass!!.

When we returned the shards to the store they wanted a further £120.00 to fit 'proper' glass. At £240.00 we thought this too much and called in the Police. They agreed with us but stated that because the item had been accepted from the shop in the first instance it was out of their hands. The shop refused to replace the glass or to refund any money.

Window fitters / glaziers are the best bet although we have now decided to mosaic tile the top of ours.

regards,

Scamper.

liz w

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

thanks Scamper , a mosiac top actually sounds like a good idea. Is someone going to do it for you or are you one of these handy people that can do it themselves ?

Liz

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 20:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

You need to be talking to Kadir at 'Ronnies Furniture' near 'Ship Inn'.

Smity

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 23:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Liz

Had the same problems myself but got a 1meter dia piece of glass 6mm thick with polished edges cost me 15tyl.

You will have to excuse the directions but only recently bought in Ozonkoy. Take the road to the main Gerni carpark the one by the Beladesi, as you get to the island turn left, travel up the road till you reach the second petrol station, on the right are some shops with a cafe at 1 end (this is set back a little ) there is a glasiers next to the cafe I took my table with me and he did a brillaint job. We are going out again in october so I will gladly get you an adress if you like, please let me know

mike

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.