North Cyprus Tourist Board - Dirty pools on complex
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Dirty pools on complex

Dirty pools on complex

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Swimming Pool threads posted so far

Lazy days

Message Posted:
16/09/2009 19:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

Hello peeps,

My friends tell me that the pool on there complex is still unusable after well over a week since the bad weather we had recently, are they still expected to full pay maintenance money for this service, they have to walk away up to the other end of the complex to swim ? is this right ?

Pips dont bother to reply we know your thoughts already lol and its probably not the place you own on

Brinsley

Message Posted:
16/09/2009 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

Whack in some pure sodium and that will sort out everything including your pool!

Richard

Lazy days

Message Posted:
16/09/2009 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

hello peeps,

Rich do you down side uppers always have to have such an upside down way of looking at things, cheers lol

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
16/09/2009 19:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

As you say, the problem was caused by the recent bad weather, so why should the pool maintenance company be blamed for the condition of the pool? It doesn't take long for a pool to go "bad" but it can take a while to get it "good" again. Whose fault is that? The pool company may well be using extra chemicals at no extra cost to try to solve a problem which is not of their making and you criticise them..... .

Lazy days

Message Posted:
16/09/2009 20:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

Hello Peeps,

Yes Mr Williams, but I never said it was caused by the bad weather, I said it was *unusable* since the bad weather , and you well know I do know, it doesn't take almost 2 weeks to remove sand from the bottom of a pool, careful you dont want to go there!! I dont think there will be any expense for extra chemicals, this may well be your excuse but we know it can be solved in a couple of days (this was just sand not mud )at little expense enuf said from you I think

joandjelly

Message Posted:
16/09/2009 20:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

I assume the question in your message 1 is rhetorical. If you have a problem with your pool company why not take it up directly with them.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
16/09/2009 20:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

Hello Peeps,

No actually Jo its not rhetorical it is fact they own on a complex that they have not been able to use the pool nearest to there apartment for 2 weeks and my question was simple *are they still expected to pay full maintenance* yes or no !!!!!, as they only come over twice a year to stay and they are expected to pay FULL maintenance for this service, all I ask is this right !!!!!!!! it is impossible for them to take it up with there pool company as they dont know who it is, it is a maintenance company's responsibility, p'raps you missed the complex thingy lol .

joandjelly

Message Posted:
16/09/2009 21:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

I didn't miss anything but was wondering what was the point of asking the question on here without any information about which complex it is. So if I answer that "I" think it is not right, where exactly does that get them? Surely they should be speaking to the maintenance company as they are the only ones who can answer the question or do anything about it.

rdsteve

Message Posted:
16/09/2009 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

Lazy days Another cheap shot at a pool maintenace company. It's not even your pool. It is not your position to bring it to the attention of this forum but i expect from your attitude in your posts you like taking cheap shots at companies and people because you have nothing better to do. To much time on you hands.

Steve

Lazy days

Message Posted:
16/09/2009 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

Hello Peeps,

Joandgelly I asked a question and didn't know I had to have your permission to ask it or be rebuked for it, nor do I think I need to mention any complex by name to get others thoughts, but you seem to want to dramatise it (usual on here) isnt this what this and other forums are for, gleaning other peoples thoughts on subjects, without resorting to slanging matches, which you seem intent on doing, there are many many things asked on here that some dont see the point of, but others can empathise with, this question was not directed at you personally as you probably dont have to swim in a dirty pool, so if you have no practical input to put forward best say nothing lol

Lazy days

Message Posted:
16/09/2009 21:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

Hello Peeps,

Steve, you need to try to see out of ordinary glasses instead of your rose tinted ones, at no time did I mention any pool company or any complex, so no cheap or otherwise shots, and I am as entitled to post my views and those of my friends who asked me to as you are, so who gave you the right to tell me *it is not my position* are you the god of the forum or something ??? cheap shots are not my thing FACTS ARE, I have also got loads of time on my hands and can afford to enjoy it hence lazy days lol

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
16/09/2009 22:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

Yes,you do have to pay the full agreed price.You can then go and change your pool maintainer afterwords.

If I do the work,I want paying after.

Typical isint it?All for nothing!

sienna

Message Posted:
16/09/2009 22:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

yes they have to pay full maintenance unless it is negligence on the part of the maintenacne company, unfortunately sometimes these things happens name of the game I am afraid and unfortaunte if it happens in your two week visit, luck y they have another pool to go too. if it had nothing to do with the bad weather why mention the bad weather - perhaps the full facts would help people jumping down your throat lazy days nuf said !

Lazy days

Message Posted:
16/09/2009 23:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

Hello Peeps,

Thanks Sienna, you are 100% right they have to pay, thanks for highlighting that point, lol going back on many posts on here though I can point to many differing strong viewpoints

loved the spelling misprint ( now dont jump its meant light heartedly ) what kind of acne is that

The bad weather 'may' have had something to do with it but also there could have been other factors such as the people employed by the m/c to clean the pool not turning up or not doing the job properly you know what I mean ;) nuf said.

frontalman

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 08:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

Bit of sand in the bottom wouldn't stop me using a pool. You swim on the top, after all. Granted it might take the shine off the experience. Think of all the crap in the sea.

minertor

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 09:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

Thanks for that thought Fronty, not having a pool, the sea USED to seem ok.

Anyone got a pick 'n shovel?

Tony

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 14:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Lazy Days

msg 5

When we have a problem pool and have to use extra chlorine/algaecide/floc we do not charge any extra for them.

Wind blown sand in the bottom of the pool is not a problem in itself. However, this sand can also contain algae spores. You say there is more than one pool on the complex and the that the others are OK, so I doubt that this is attributable to wind blown algae.

What can be confusing is if a group of pools on a site are visited on the same day and are cleaned by the same people with the same chemicals, how is it one goes green whereas the others don't? Doesn't this suggest that there may be a problem with this pool not related to the cleaning regime? Not knowing the full story, I can't really comment more than the above.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.