North Cyprus Tourist Board - What a great Holiday
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > What a great Holiday

What a great Holiday

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Cyprus Holidays

» Book your North Cyprus Holiday online

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

dougskud

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 09:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Hi Everyone, just returned to a cloudy and chilly England but have already purchased our flights for our visits next year.

Here are some thoughts and thanyou messages.

Despite all of it's problems and shortfalls Northern Cyprus is really a very special place with it's good points far surpassing it's weaknesses, so come on all you ex pats throw your weight behind "bigging up" your fantastic adopted home. If true, the new position of America and Europe toward Northern Cyprus and the current North South talks looks like isolation is really coming to an end what a great day that will be, my wife and I will make sure we are there to enjoy the party.

My thanks to the guys at the goat shed for the fantastic work with the turtles, to experience one of their hatching evenings compares with the feeling of being there when your first child is bourn.

Villa Lembos a new small hotel in the heart of Dipkarpaz. What a joy to stay there, get cracking and book a stay. tel.0542 872 9415

dougskud

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 10:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Hi All ran out of text.

Web address Villa Lembos http://www.villalembos.com

My thanks to our pool guys who kept our pool crystal clear with a big smile despite beingvery hungry and thirsty.

Thanks to Brian Delaney for some great evenings, if ever an entertainer was undervalued it's Brian, yes he is old, yes he is getting a little "porky" yes he can be a miserable old sod at times and won't sing "Show me the way to Amerillo", but he is a fantastic singer and if you want to hear the words of any song you like but the artist mumbles the words get Brian to sing it for you.

Come on Brian lets have a new format for next year where your fans can choose the content of the evening

what about " An evening with Brian Delaney and the music of David Gates" or Country Greats, or 60's classics, or so many more. Thanks Brian and love to Maggie.

Thanks to Erol Caroline and their team what a great place to eat food.

Thanks to Kybtec for a period with not one power cut.

Doug

dougskud

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 10:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Hi All just finishing

Thanks to the Ozankoy water supply all through the summer we have enjoyed a constant supply of mains water.

One final thankyou to our neighbors Val and Chris who have educated us into the art of making full bottles of wine dissapear, two really wonderful people.

kind regards

Doug and Chris.

jock1

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 10:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Its like being at the Oscars.................Thank you............

sloan

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 10:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

I do love positive posts. They really lift my spirits, sitting here on an overcast, cold day in Setember. I,for one, can't wait to return on October 24th.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Dougskud guess we can take it you enjoyed your holiday here then. Just one thing don't tell too many people or we will be overrun by tourists !!

everon

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

fab! fab! fab! but who's David Gates ?????????????

dougskud

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 11:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Hi Everon

The one and only David Gates became famous as part of the american group BREAD.

He is now much older and while his lyrics in his Bread period were truly brilliant some of his recent songs reflect his increased experience of life.

download him you will love his work

regards

Doug

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 14:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

What a nice positive post - makes a change from the normal moaners we get on here. people like you should remind others why they fell in love with Northern Cyprus. we've been here four years and we still love the place as much as the day we arrived!!! ;o)

everon

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 15:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

cheers Doug, yes I remember Bread, this is such a nice friendly thread

Suffolk

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 17:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Agree with stGeorge we to have had a villa for 4 years never regreted buying spend as much time as we can in nc coming over monday night for 2 weeks cant wait . turned bit cold in uk now had heating last night first time this summer ha ha steve

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 17:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

well said guys nice positive post

it aint half hot mum

millzer

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 18:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Yeah brilliant to see such positive posts

dougskud, you dished out a lot of thank you's but I think you deserve a thank you too, for lifting my spirits today, and hey, the sun is shining in the UK (at least where I am) i finish work for 3 weeks on Monday, travel to TRNC a week tomorrow and am so looking forward to it. So, I'm sitting here smiling as I type this and think I will now crack open a bottle of wine and go prepare dinner for my darling wife for when she comes home from work.

Keep smiling, life can be great if we make it that way.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.