North Cyprus Tourist Board - New Member Intro & Seeking Accomm in Famagusta
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > New Member Intro & Seeking Accomm in Famagusta

New Member Intro & Seeking Accomm in Famagusta

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Famagusta town North Cyprus

lmc2803

Message Posted:
19/09/2009 21:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Hi everyone,

My name is Lester McIlwaine & I just joined Cyprus44 today. I hope I can make a positive contribution to the group once I find my feet.

I'm Irish, long-term expat, currently living in Romania and starting a new job in Famagusta approx 19th October for a couple of years. If anyone (individuals or estate agents) has any recommendations as to what parts of the city to check out for accommodation when I get there I'd be grateful to hear from you!

I'll be looking for a 1-bed or smallish 2-bed apartment to rent at least until 31 January 2010. After that the intention is for my wife Kim (and our dogs & cat unless quarantine is a problem) to join me then so we'll be looking for a larger place at that time.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions & I'll be glad to return the favour any way I can when I get there!

nurseawful

Message Posted:
19/09/2009 22:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Welcome to the forum Lester, Best person to contact re information on the area you are moving to is our MOST HELPFUL MEMBER Elko2.

good Luck with the move.

Chris

elko2

Message Posted:
19/09/2009 22:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Lester,

Your best bet is to stay in one of the cheaper bed and breakfast places for a few night and then look around for a place to your liking and pocket. I am in Famagusta and there are lots of places for students i.e. one or two bedroom places. In fact there is usually a flat available in the apartment just opposite my house but the furniture there is terrible. Let me know wht you think and we take it from there. For full contact details see my web page http://www.elkocyprus.com

ismet

Brinsley

Message Posted:
19/09/2009 22:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Well done Chris, Lester cannot source email addresses as a new member however, good advice! Lester, contact:- ismetus@gmail.com Until your family arrive try to find something within the old walled City.

Richard

pemos

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 12:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Lester we have a place in Tuzla which is about 10 mins from famagusta is that any good for you?

lmc2803

Message Posted:
27/09/2009 12:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Hi all,

Chris, many thanks for the reference.

Ismet, hi again, good advice, thanks; pretty much what I had envisaged so I'll probably go with that.

Richard, great minds think alike! I had indeed thought of looking for something in the old city and may well do that if it's convenient to my office.

Pemos, I'll keep your offer in mind. If my office is in the direction of Tuzla I'll get in touch with you when I arrive. As a new member I can't access email addresses just yet so would it be a problem to ask if you could send me your email address to lester2803@aol.com?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.