North Cyprus Tourist Board - Unwin Estates
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Unwin Estates

Unwin Estates

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read All Unwin Estates North Cyprus Threads posted so far

wearytravellers

Message Posted:
07/05/2007 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 97 in Discussion

Unwin Estates have been given a really good write up on Shelter Offshore Website. Are they as good as they say ??? I have an appointment with Mandy on the 30th May to view properties. Has anyone had any dealings with Unwins or Mandy.....any recomendations ??? ALSO I have an appointment with Wendy through Rhiannon from aboutnorthcyprus.com any advice. It is all getting confusing for me.......I must be getting old !!!!! I just want to buy a nice property in a nice area with a couple of bedrooms.....am I asking too much ??

All advice greatly appreciated

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
07/05/2007 12:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 97 in Discussion

Also try donaghy & Beyler - they are very good. We bought from them - my husband works with the sister of an employee there so well trusted!

Kitty1

Message Posted:
07/05/2007 12:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 97 in Discussion

Hello there guys, I'm going to be honest I have deliberately avoided Unwins because I have been warned off them by three or four totally different and unrelated sources. I've been advised to steer well clear, so I have. I'm sorry I can't be more positive but I just wanted you to be aware that there may be some issues.

Personally I can highly recommend Select Estates. I have dealt with a lovely lady called Nicola. Helpful, practical and really nice service. Some lovely properties available too.

I also have to say that recently I have been assisting some friends in finding a place to rent and Donaghey and Beyler have been very helpful indeed - quick to respond, going out of their way to help.

I can tell you 2 other places that from personal experience I would not recommend, but it's probably not appropriate to just drop the names here.

sarahlou

Message Posted:
08/05/2007 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 97 in Discussion

Hi, we met with Mandy from Unwin Estates and found her knowledgeable and really helpful. We were aware of some past issues with Unwins but to be honest, we decided to talk to / meet with most agents to get the broadest selection possible. Although we did not purchase with her/Unwins we found them very professional at all times.

We have bought through North Cyprus International and found Jame/John in the UK really helpful and Tim / Diane in TRNC excellent - Tim really know his stuff, areas, locations and was by far the least pushy we met on our viewing trips.

The one bit of advise i would urge you to take is look at re-sales, there are so many half finished developments in all the areas i would avoid 'off plan' at all costs - i am sure many have had good experiences however we found them a little more risk that we were prepared to take.

victoriasloss

Message Posted:
08/05/2007 18:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 97 in Discussion

Hi

for those who have not heard of us, we are Simon and Vikki and we are based in the UK.

Our parents purchased a property in the TRNC over 3 years ago from an estate agent who has offices in Alsancak and Girne !! and to date have nothing to show for their maney, just a very large loan for £150,000 that they (in failing health) are struggling to pay on their meagre pensions.

We are hoping that this group will be able to lead or advise those as to the possible pitfalls that may occur when purchasing in Northern Cyprus

The country is truly beautiful and the people also, but there are many unscrupulous characters lurking including Developers, Estate Agents and more worringly even Lawyers

We work closly with "The Home Buyers Pressure Group"

http://www.hbpg-trnc.net

who have loads of very important information on their site.

Our site is

http://www.trncpropertywarning.freewebsites.com

Takes a little time to load but well worth the wait.

All we ask is for true stories (that can be backed with documentry evidence if required) good or bad, also nominations for "Good and Bad Guys" again with evidence should it be needed.

We look forward to welcoming you

and if we can help 1 person

NOT TO MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES AS OUR PARENTS

we also have a new Bulletin Board which you can join for info

http://groups.msn.com/TRNCPROPERTYWARNING

Beths

Message Posted:
09/05/2007 21:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 97 in Discussion

Hi Weary Travellers

We have just purchased through Unwins and found them to be helpful, they explained the pros and cons of buying and told us nothing was 100% certain with land rights and advised it was always best to put away money incase of future claims. They also told us our current 'uniterrupted view' could have future development on. I am not saying they have not had problems in the past and we too are now in the positon of just hoping everything goes through alright but personally I found it re-assuring that they have invested in the local community through the setting up of the School so they obviously intend to be around for a while.

I would however recommend you do sort out your own independant lawyer and have their details ready for which ever agent/developer you decide to go with.

Good luck with your search.

CLOUD9

Message Posted:
12/05/2007 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 97 in Discussion

Hi Weary Travellers,

We used Unwins, I came over two years ago and booked with a few agents, but Unwins took me to a great piece of land with terrific views and I was smitten, like all agents they have their for and against's but I can't really complain, they were very professional and helpful and introduced us to the builder who took us out shopping for the kitchen, bathroom etc. They sent us regular updates on the apartment, but like all agents once they have got the fee from the client they can't be seen for dust. To be honest they are all pretty much the same, you might get a better deal buying direct off one of the construction companies, but don't take your finger off the pulse for a moment and don't part with your money too freely especially when it comes to the final payment, make sure every tiny piece of snagging is done first.

breezyboy

Message Posted:
14/05/2007 16:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 97 in Discussion

Hi

Try Little Villa Company, they have a website. Richard and Paul are two very genuine guys who are still around after the client has paid out and only too happy to help. Offices just before the turning to Acapulco, easy to find.

gongle

Message Posted:
14/05/2007 17:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 97 in Discussion

i have to second the shout out for little villa....they are well informed and genuinely nice people. Richard used to be a project manager (or something)for a large construction firm in the UK so understands the construction side of things and he pointed out a number of things i would have missed.

pilgrim

Message Posted:
15/05/2007 21:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 97 in Discussion

hi Having viewed many of villas on offer in TRNC , could find nothing in the same league as New Villas International, magnificient, incredible spec, turkish title own 10x5 overflow pool. Sites and roads nearing completion 95% sold, speaks for itself. first class maintenance.Very nice trustworthy people.

Call Mehmet 00905428556666 He'll send you details or visit us.

regards

p

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
16/05/2007 09:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 97 in Discussion

wearytravellers,

If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Estate Agents staff per se have a job to do ie sell houses at the highest price they can get from you to ensure their commission.

With most agents everything is great until you complain or something goes wrong. Then BEWARE. Certain agents, one mentioned above, reposesses your property if your stage payments are a few days late.

As for the pre 1974 thing, do not worry about it. Chances are again if the agent tells you the land is, it is highly possible it isn't. Do not believe the agent or solicitors, the only way to check is go yourself to land registry in Lefkosia to see original docs. Go for a property that seems right for you.

I note the comments from Pilgrim about "first class maintenance" if there is a maintenance fee involved then it is so easy as one large company has done recently to put up costs by 130% without notice. If you want to live here permanently by a home on a small site, you do not want the additional costs on maintenance etc.

I would suggest you do as I did and spend as much time as you can researching on internet, library, press etc. Avoid too many direct references on these sites, although personal views they are just that. Then make as many appointments with agents as you can after first checking out where you feel you would like to live, when we first came we decided where we thought we would want to be and ended up at the opposite end of island! Go around the viewings, say nothing to agent to indicate you are interested, go home think about it before deciding and then come back. In fact do what you would do if buying a home in UK are anywhere else.

Finally, if you do buy here, you will not regret it. Despite all the perceived problems it is a great place to live.

David

shona2

Message Posted:
16/05/2007 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 97 in Discussion

Hi all,

I have to agree with Breezyboy and Gongle. I have just bought in Ozankoy and used The Little Villa Company and they have been fantastic. I would even go as far as to say much better than the estate agents I am using in the UK who are useless and have given me nothing but stress...

Shona

lemony

Message Posted:
16/05/2007 17:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 97 in Discussion

cyprusishome

i dont think an agent can reposses a property for late payment as the contract isnt with them unless it is their own project i.e they are the developer too. you will probably find that it is the builder/developer who does this though it is generally a short sighted move unless the customer is very late paying or is nothing but trouble (you do get em!).

i know of one builder who charges people £5k late fee even if it is only a few days late but suffice to say that word gets around and this builder hasnt sold a property for about 18 months now!

its advisable to see what your obligations are on your contract before buying and argue for a late fee rather than the chance of losing the whole property but ultimately it is best to make your payments on time (they builder has to pay the bills too!)

i dont think that you can say only buy on small sites due to maintenance costs as the more people there are sharing then the lower the costs and the bigger the site the more facilities there are (or should be!) it all depends why you are buying and what you want out of your holiday home/rental or retirement investment/home.

i will agree with you that its a great place to live though!

see you on the beach

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
17/05/2007 00:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 97 in Discussion

lemony,

para 1, do not think the clients of one estate agent will agree with you!!! The agents are still in business and mentioned above, survive through large throughput and pressure selling. When we, politley so we thought, went to their office to advise we had decided not to buy through them we were practically thrown out of the office.

Interesting fact about the agents involved in this thread is that the children at the school they operate even call them Conwins!!!!!!!!!!!

What I mean about small sites is if like us you live here permanently is why pay maintenance charges? There is no need to be involved in any charges as we DIY.

David

young

Message Posted:
21/05/2007 16:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 97 in Discussion

Try Abbey Estates, we have just bought 2 properties through them, the girls are great there, they have been on the island for 16 years and are knowledgable about all aspects of living, buying and moving to northern cyprus. They have a quality portfolio of properties and prices are reasonable, I will not hesitate in reccommending them.

Their website is : http://www.abbeyestate.com and their email is :info@abbeyestate.com

Good Luck!!!!!!!

Wilsonian

Message Posted:
26/05/2007 07:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 97 in Discussion

Unwins,,, mmm i think that is the agent who has about 130 outstanding court cases against them after taking peoples money and not delivering their properties. I think they are the ones who took one of their female employees up a mountain in a car , in the middle of nowwhere and dropped her off with her passport and luggage and told her never to return to the island again and i also think the owners had a teacher arrested because they didnt pay her after all her hard work so she took all her own childrens books and toys back that she had supplied herself. I am sure there are other stories and there is no smoke without fire .... Sounds a great company to me and really nice people. Good luck

St Michael

Message Posted:
26/05/2007 07:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 97 in Discussion

we had £50,000 to spend on an apartment recently, i had done my homework before visiting the island and booked some appointments with various agents. When we entered the Unwins' office and asked about properties up to this value, the attitude changed and we were then ignored for 10 minutes before we left - not enough commision for them. We eventually bought from Donaghy and Beyler who went out of their way to help us, they were so friendly, helpful and professional and we have recommended them to our family and friends that are going over who have more money than us to spend ! So special thanks to Gonul and Jonathan.

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
27/05/2007 18:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 97 in Discussion

We bought through Unwins in 2005 and found them really helpfull even after completion. The biggest problem is not the estate agents but the builders. Finding a good builder or building company is sometimes just a matter of good luck ( or in some cases bad luck).

Oknala

Message Posted:
29/05/2007 22:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 97 in Discussion

Don't forget to ask to look at re-sales also, sometimes you can get a bargain, but you also get to see the finished product and you can talk to the 'neighbours'

Verticalsmile

Message Posted:
01/08/2007 15:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 97 in Discussion

There are only a few basic rules that you need when buying abroad.

1. Always us an estate agent, preferably one where the owners are citizens of the country you are in. (They will have their family name to uphold) and be respected members of their society

2. never buy direct from developers. ( thats what agents are for)

3. never use a solicitor recommended by a developer. (conflct of interest)

4. always check the website for genuine info on agents and developers that have had bad press (and steer clear of them)

As for North Cyprus there are well over 50 registered estate agents yet only 6 are worth investigating.

Donaghy & Beyler,

Ian Smith,

Boray Estates,

Select Estates,

Stringers,

Homesabroad,

DONTY

Message Posted:
01/08/2007 17:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 97 in Discussion

i have to pick up on a few of your words of wisdom Verticalsmile.

did you know Hayran Unwin of Unwin Estates is a Cypriot?

why not buy direct from the developer? they know their product better than anyone!

check what website for what genuine info? most of these sites are open to abuse. anyone can post any info on the web without fear of reprisals so dont believe all you read. i wish i could suggest a place to go to test someones trustworthiness but there isnt any where!

the agents you have mentioned are all good but there are others just as good out there worthy of peoples business.

are Stringers and Ian Smith owned by locals? are their extended families living here?

does the fact that you are a citizen of a particular country mean that all of a sudden you are honourable? or if a Cypriot sets up a company in the UK does it mean dont trust them?

should we boycott all foreigned owned businesses? should people who live in the UK do the same?

Verticalsmile

Message Posted:
01/08/2007 17:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 97 in Discussion

Dear Donty,

You are absolutely right, off course prospective clients can go direct to developers and your right regarding their vast knowledge of their product.

wearytravellers

Message Posted:
02/08/2007 00:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 97 in Discussion

Before visiting Cyprus I joined up to Unwins property alert service. After visiting Cyprus and buying a property via Squirrel Construction (Squirrelltd.com ) in Lapta (oh what a character Sergey is !!) I have had a property alert via Unwins as the SOLE AGENT (Rubbish, anyone can be an agent for these properties, anyone who sells a property earns 5% commission) Unwins have offered me a 2 bedroom apartment for 39,500 GBP. A whopping 4,500 GBP on top of the real resale price plus they also get 5% on the sale as well. That's good copper coin !!!! I think I will become an "Estate Agent" looks like good income !!!!!

namus

Message Posted:
02/08/2007 23:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 97 in Discussion

Yes Hayran Unwin is London born TC and she has, what can I say, a colourful reputation in the Cypriot community.

I believe that Unwins Estate Agency sold Gary Robbs' 'developments' - enough said.

I'm with Verticalsmile; never use recommended lawyers and check websites for alternative views even if they are as negative as mine, a true insider's view.

dehlila

Message Posted:
04/10/2007 01:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 97 in Discussion

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/property/overseas/article2543384.ece

Dalek

Message Posted:
04/10/2007 08:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 97 in Discussion

Unwins also illegally used the international property agents logo as was widely publicised recently, my question is if they were prepared to hoodwink people by doing this, what elso would they do ??

DONTY

Message Posted:
04/10/2007 16:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 97 in Discussion

if you read my post and the one before from v-smile you will understand that i was not supporting any individual or company. i was actually questioning the wisdom of specifically dealing citizens of the country you are buying in as there are good and bad in all societies.

Portia

Message Posted:
17/07/2008 20:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 97 in Discussion

I wasnt happy with Unwins at all over a dealing i have had over a property. It all started off really nice but ive ended up quite upset and disgraced by the situation and the way it was handled.

Just be wary is all i can say and dont trust anyone. Its you money and you will have worked damn hard for it so dont just let it go. Get the surveys done and the contract/deed checked as too many loop holes int he system.

Good luck

girne 29

Message Posted:
17/07/2008 21:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 97 in Discussion

victoriasloss

your msn link doesnt work, is this from my favourites the same. http://www.trncpropertywarning.freewebsites.com

the same.

Good Luck with your efforts.

girne 29

Message Posted:
17/07/2008 21:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 97 in Discussion

victoriasloss, message 5

your msn link doesnt work, is this from my favourites, the same. http://www.trncpropertywarning.freewebsites.com

Good Luck with your efforts.

Kitty Kat Jac

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 97 in Discussion

Some comments on this forum make for some interesting reading and can I just say how anybody has come to live in Northern Cyprus after reading the negativity is beyond me! I do however have my suspicions that not all the comments are factual and are obviously very one sided. For instance the last comments regarding Unwins. I am obviously sorry to hear that anybody is upset! But disgraced by what I wonder??? And too many loop holes???? Could it be that sometimes the agent is trying to work in the best interest for their client? Nobody would ever know this or probably care because that doesn’t make for an interesting read!! A witch hunt is much more exciting!! Maybe the truth is the client asked the agent to break the law and as they were not happy about this refusal it is classed as a loop hole?? I guess we will never know and Unwins will always be the easy target regardless of the truth.

bradus

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 17:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 97 in Discussion

Best interest for their client? Yes of course but their client is the builder not the buyer! Which is exactly why buyers should be on their guard, no matter what estate agent you are using.

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 17:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 97 in Discussion

Absolutely agree with you Bradus. When I first perused the market I did so with Donaghey and Beyler. I loved the sales agent there. She was very honest and reliable, however she was targeted by the company, which was to push Evergreen properties. Of course, Evergreen had a reputation for good builds, however when money exchanged hands (my money) and with a number of subsequent conversations it was clear that this Estate agent were acting in the interest of the builder. Not the sales agent, but the agency owners.

bradus

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 17:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 97 in Discussion

ILC,

I remember well the discussions we had when new to the forum and going through that "should we, shouldn't we" stage. Its now easy to reflect on our experiences. In early 2006 was taken to Lapta to see an apartment that was just a shell. When finished it was to be a luxury apartment, with Italian kitchen, marble throughout, very spacious and well designed. Narrowed it down to this one and the one which we did actually buy. Returned 18 months later and out of interest went to see the apartment we turned down. There it was at exactly the same stage as last viewed, except lots of graffitti had been added to it. There but the grace of God go I sprang to mind.

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 97 in Discussion

Seems like a long time since we first started those discussions Bradus. So much has happened. I remember you being concerned about your building being finished etc, but thankfully your builder has been great.

You had a close shave with that other place. It's a very thin line between success and failure in the TRNC.

Overall, I am very pleased with my property. I was so lucky to find an amazing agent, someone who really is on the inside and keeps the builder on his toes. He has literally held my hand throughout the whole process, and he continues to do so.

elko2

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 02:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 97 in Discussion

Namus,

I sent you an e.mail today but it bounced back. Can you send me an e.mail please if you read this?

Thanks

ismet

w26kay

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 03:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 97 in Discussion

So Cyprusathome .... As the chap with so much advice on here, about the "ways" of cyprus (albeit you are relatively newbies to the island) when did it all go wrong for you?

w26kay

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 05:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 97 in Discussion

I would suggest you do as I did and spend as much time as you can researching on internet, library, press etc. Avoid too many direct references on these sites, although personal views they are just that. Then make as many appointments with agents as you can after first checking out where you feel you would like to live, when we first came we decided where we thought we would want to be and ended up at the opposite end of island! ".....

And then you met Reg?!?

But then I met Reg and bought a house

in Karsiyaka

!Go around the viewings, say nothing to agent to indicate you are interested, go home think about it before deciding and then come back. In fact do what you would do if buying a home in UK are anywhere else.

Finally, if you do buy here, you will not regret it. Despite all the perceived problems it is a great place to live.

David

cocos

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 11:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 97 in Discussion

Dont touch Unwins with a bargepole. If you are buying here you must be aware that you may never get your title deeds even if you've handed over all your hard earned cash until the laws are changed so please take in to consideration that fact. To be safe you should only consider buying a resale from someone who already has been given their deeds.

TheSaints

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 97 in Discussion

Prior to coming to TRNC we contactced many agents some of them mentioned above and others, we sent them a specific criteria of what we wanted and our budget. Then the fun started we got emails back with links to properties which were exactly what we said we did not want, this was not from all of the agents we contacted but a large percentage so we dismissed the agents that we ascertained could not read. When we visited TRNC for 3 weeks we already had a list of agents and properties we wanted to see. This was a gruelling experience 17 days viewing several properties a day and just not getting there.

Then in steps Rebecca from Unwins she showed us several properties that completely fullfilled our requirements and within our budget. We settled on a Fikri Terkan property that Unwins showed us. Unwins done a great job for us and we would recommend them.

snakes

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 15:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 97 in Discussion

all agents and builders have happy clients and not so happy clients !! post 38 from kay very informative but we relied on that old "gut feeling" instinct and visited lots of houses until we both took a large intake of breath and said " this is the one" it was an amazing feeling ! and although we are not there permanently yet we still get the "wow" factor when we visit the house ! please give Kaz at North Coast Estates a call he is a good one and deals with 2 of the best builders on the island in my humble opinion !

britvic

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 17:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 97 in Discussion

Wearytravellers, Have you read previous post's about Unwins? It may be worth your while. Although there have been many.

basheer

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 17:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 97 in Discussion

see peter at unwins in town,he helped me find the villa in lapta,once you have an idea where you would like to live how much available cash and what kind of property you looking for and what view have you in mind he will show you afew in the west or east tell him basheer recommended you,

britvic

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 97 in Discussion

Post 1: Message Posted:

07/05/2007 12:05

I think they will be sorted by now!

JoAndWal

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 21:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 97 in Discussion

hi- i`ve got a 2 bed apartment in karakum if your interested.white goods and own parking space,two min walk from supermarket and shops.lovely kitchen and balcony.finished one month ago.£55,OOO

britvic

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 21:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 97 in Discussion

Jo & Wal, see message 44. Lol

baldie

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 08:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 97 in Discussion

a friend of mine who have had to go home have a nice 3 bed house in karshiaca fully furnished tastfuly £110000for it it is a bargain you can call me on 00905338433001 kirk or you can visit our web site http://www.braceybuilders.com

snakes

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 14:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 97 in Discussion

well spotted brit !!!!

britvic

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 97 in Discussion

Snakes, ever get the feeling your being ignored! LOL

Cabbie

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 97 in Discussion

it has oft been said skulduggery on here snakes.

britvic

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 14:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 97 in Discussion

Cabbie, twice I have said the original post is last year, and twice someone has posted their property's! Lol, I've become invisible here. Do you think they all got a memo? Ignore Britvic at the risk of a banning!

Cabbie

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 14:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 97 in Discussion

i suspect this thread will not be closed as it serves no purpose

britvic

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 14:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 97 in Discussion

Took the word's right out of my mouth!

Thread now closed as britvic no longer serves any purpose!

snakes

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 97 in Discussion

totally use to being ignored brit !! who said that !!!!! hello ! hello ! hello ! anyone there ?????????????

eager

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 97 in Discussion

Aaahh, and i thought you did a nice line in wit.

britvic

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 97 in Discussion

Got my cloak of invisibility on today! now let's see what I can get up to! LOL

eager

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 14:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 97 in Discussion

Who said that ?

britvic

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 14:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 97 in Discussion

Hey!!! over here! 'snigger'

eager

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 15:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 97 in Discussion

Oh its you, nobody ever take any notice of you !! [only a joke]

britvic

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 15:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 97 in Discussion

There's always the corner you know Charles!

eager

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 15:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 97 in Discussion

Might as well take my desk over there them Miss !!

Kitty Kat Jac

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 97 in Discussion

Thanks for the post Mike,

See you soon Rebecca

Rogerdodger

Message Posted:
04/02/2009 11:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 97 in Discussion

I have read many threads on Unwins, speaking from a personal point of view, (as I did purchase through them), they have been OK with me, don't deal much with them now, as the house in nearly finished, OK the photos have stopped coming, but get enough from the builder, but saying that there is no smoke without fire

speggsy

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 15:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 97 in Discussion

Try Stringer Estates and ask for Steve, you will find him very helpful

Kibris

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 97 in Discussion

Do you work there Speggsy?

sparta

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 16:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 97 in Discussion

did his name Steven healey give it away then Kibris!! ha ha

Chicken Run

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 17:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 97 in Discussion

trncc.... boring, boring, boring. yawn...

Kitty Kat Jac

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 17:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 97 in Discussion

When they sold it they did, is this all because I turned you down on your thread trncc??

sparta

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 17:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 97 in Discussion

come on TRncc i have blue hair, i want to lift your shirt....xxxxx

sparta

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 97 in Discussion

ok where that pink shirt again, so i can rip it off like last time.. xxxx

Chicken Run

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 17:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 97 in Discussion

Ram him for me Sparta!

sparta

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 18:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 97 in Discussion

shafted came to mind TRncc and that is what you shall getxxxx

sparta

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 97 in Discussion

maybe the chicken would like to hold you down for me... xx

Chicken Run

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 18:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 97 in Discussion

Nah mate... i'll let Sparta do the deed. Your to f'ing ugly for me!

Kitty Kat Jac

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 18:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 97 in Discussion

Yes i am sure it was a total coincidence that i said thanks but no thanks on your thread and 5 minutes later you slag off the company that I work for on another thread! How very manly of you trncc.

sparta

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 18:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 97 in Discussion

if you are at the cream bar, you will get more than shafted !!

Kitty Kat Jac

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 19:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 97 in Discussion

trncc - you seem to know so much about Amaranta Valley, did you purchase a plot. I am gonna go with my gut and say no you didn't. Just because you were getting a thrashing on another thread, did you think you would come back to this one and try and get the public sympathies? What was the name of that guy who Hi-Jacked the forum a few months ago and got everybody's back up????? The thing is I live here, i work here and that is why i post. What are your reasons?

Savoy

Message Posted:
23/02/2009 12:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 97 in Discussion

I am personally very wary of Unwins although my purchase went "ok" (no more than that though), I have had some issues since and am thinking of transferring nthe management of my property to Donaghy and Beyler. I am not sufficiently well-informed to give a categoric opinion on Unwins but would suggest that property transactions are approached with extreme caution and that the validity of any information (re exchange land, lawyers, clauses, down payments etc) handed out by any agent or developer is checked via third-party sources.

Good luck

Kitty Kat Jac

Message Posted:
23/02/2009 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 97 in Discussion

Hi Savoy,

I am confused as I can confirm that Unwins sold you a property on the Squirrel development in Lapta and we do have the apartment on our books to rent out. I would like to point out however, that Unwin Estate Agents, DO NOT have the management for it. So i would ask you to retract your statement as it turns out that YOU are the one giving misleading information.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
23/02/2009 15:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 97 in Discussion

Savoy and Kitty Kat Jac. Seems like you are the only two posting on this thread now. The previous post was 13 days ago.

If you are in agreement I'll close this thread down as it seem's to be going nowhere - over to you.

Jennaa

Message Posted:
12/03/2009 22:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 97 in Discussion

OMG, Honestly how sad can people get!!

Lucia

Message Posted:
25/03/2009 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 97 in Discussion

Bought from Unwins some years back, charming and polite, friendly and nice, I kept up all payments (bought off plan in Alcansak with Andelyp construction as my builders) then nearing final payment, received email from builder claiming xtra payment not listed in contract. Contract states that only payments listed on contract should be made.Contacted Unwins-not interested-claimed that their signature on contract is only as witnesses. Now years on, still dont have my apartment, no contact from unwins, nor builder, solicitors take their time and cost the earth. Now am sure have seen my apartment for sale with another Estate Agent after parting with over £40K - KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS COUNTRY IS NOT PART OF THE EU, IF THINGS GO WRONG THERE IS NO EUROPEAN COURT TO RUN TO. Now back to solicitors - more money wasted and for what? I kept my side of the bargain, always paid on time. This money was my retirement, inherited from my parents. I made a big mistake in buying in Northern Cyprus. Lucia

britvic

Message Posted:
25/03/2009 16:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 97 in Discussion

Lucia, have a look at this

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/12871.asp

NatAless

Message Posted:
31/03/2009 12:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 97 in Discussion

I have used Unwin estate agents to rent my flat and found them to be ok, not too pushy and quite friendly, they all seem the same to me and unfortunately if they have the property you are after you have to use them anyway!

What do people think fo Ian Smith estates?

Hazel

Message Posted:
31/03/2009 15:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 97 in Discussion

I had a very good experience with Ian Smith's, no problems with my house purchase, they seem to have a good reputation, honest and very knowledgeable, particularly about the legal side, title deeds, etc.

NatAless

Message Posted:
31/03/2009 20:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 97 in Discussion

Hi Hazel

thanks for that! I found that they are indeed very knowledgeable re title deeds etc whereas the other estate agents didn't even mention them, you're absolutely right!

I feel more reassured now thanks!

Natasha

TheSaints

Message Posted:
31/03/2009 21:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 97 in Discussion

Hmmm that is strange sorry to burst your bubble, as Ian Smiths showed me a property in Lapta in Dec 2008 and assured me it had the Title Deeds I aked for which was esdeger, in the part marked Hodud it said esh by the way the Hodud is the area or road that borders the property not the actual property, where the dosier package info should be on the bottom right of the deeds it stated TMD this is the actual type of deed, the lady in Ian Smiths tried to tell me that she thought the Hodud esh was the title and tried to plead ignorant when I pointed out that the deed was in fact TMD she did say that I was quite at liberty to get an advocat to check it out, why it was written there on the deed TMD I am sorry but that was my experience with Ian Smiths. On the other hand Unwins where informed that I only wanted to see esh deed properties and that is what they showed me hence the reason why I purchased through Unwins.

ataturk

Message Posted:
31/03/2009 22:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 97 in Discussion

Victoriasloss your website is very suspicious. It looks like it has been worded by the greeks. I am familiar with their wording, this is a propaganda site.

Turbo

Message Posted:
31/03/2009 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 97 in Discussion

I bought my flat with Ian Smtih, no problems at all, kept me updated with regular photos, very friendly, no hassles. I have now listed my other place with them.

Margot1

Message Posted:
02/04/2009 14:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 97 in Discussion

I'd like to come to the defence of my colleague at Ian Smith's We remember The Saints coming into our office. Unfortunately a genuine mistake was made and, if you remember, my colleague was quick to admit she was mistaken and apologised for the mix up. I took the details of this property some time ago for the owner, he told us it was esdeger but it's our policy to always ask owners for copies of title deeds for the file. This can only be successful if the owner produces it or advises his solicitor to do so and we are at their mercy. We asked many times, eventually we got the title deed which stated TMD but I hadn't changed the information on the file or informed my colleague so she was unaware that the title deed actually stated TMD when she handed it over. It was a genuine error, there was no intention to mislead the client and we always advise the status of the title shd be checked with a solicitor before making a decision. This will be my only comment. Margot

Amber

Message Posted:
02/04/2009 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 91 of 97 in Discussion

Sorry cant understand how some threads get closed down so easliy ad yet this when first started May 2007 - has this one not served its purpose??

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
02/04/2009 16:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 92 of 97 in Discussion

Dear Ataturk, re msg 88

"It looks like it has been worded by the greeks. I am familiar with their wording, this is a propaganda site."

First it was Cyprus history and now it's "jumping in" on genuine cases of problems with property purchases in Cyprus ... do you get anything RIGHT?

Could someone who "ataturk" thinks is not a "GC stooge" put him straight, please?

Chicken Run

Message Posted:
02/04/2009 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 93 of 97 in Discussion

I agree with amber... surely this thread is done!?? No1Doyen... you said you was going to close it down a while back and didn't!!! I think now is the time!

TheSaints

Message Posted:
02/04/2009 16:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 94 of 97 in Discussion

Hear Hear, this thread is way past it's sell by date

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
02/04/2009 16:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 95 of 97 in Discussion

Dear Chicken run, re msg 93

Don't you *want* Ataturk to get the chance to say sorry to Victorialoss ?!

Chicken Run

Message Posted:
02/04/2009 17:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 96 of 97 in Discussion

mmmmmmm... not really!!

simbas

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 07:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 97 of 97 in Discussion

This thread is now closed.

Reason: Thread was serving no purpose.

**** PS , This decision was taken on the basis that it was an old thread that members felt had passed its sell by date ----- Simbas

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.