North Cyprus Tourist Board - Manolya Hotel watch your back
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Manolya Hotel watch your back

Manolya Hotel watch your back

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

HAPPY FEET

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 12:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Room 202 each time you sit on the toilet your get wacked in the back from the plastic 70's blue seat followed by a knock on the head from the hand towel just above your head, a Faulty Towers moment indeed

If anyone has a spare fishing rod could they please retrieve my expensive speedo's from the hotels roof.

(It's a long story)

Vidal

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 12:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

If you have lost your pedos, things are looking up for you then )

HAPPY FEET

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 13:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

It was all to do with a large gust of wind .

Please note it was not the curry I had the previous day at the Punjab

HildySmith

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 15:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

The Manolya is great - all of this is part of the entertainment - they are wonderful people and we had a fab time there. Just think of the 2 of us, starkers, giggling ourselves to death when the shelf fell off the wall whilst on the loo - great. We giggled for 2 days!!

Engin and Mustine are fab entertainment - Great Lads!

HAPPY FEET

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 16:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

The Manolya lift goes faster than any ride at Alton Towers .

You cant beat the Manolya toaster, you can put the bread in 3-4 times and it still comes out white haha.

The best bit in the Manolya hotel brochure is the words we have an in house library for residents to use , its an MFI book shelf classic !!!

Whistler

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 16:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

Joking apart Happy Feet - would you recommend anyone to stay at the Minolya. Reason for asking, our daughter and son in law have made a late booking to come over and we already have a house full so they`ve asked us to book them in somewhere. Dont want to recommend it if there is a problem.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 17:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

Happy Feet. Did you book again for next year? )

HAPPY FEET

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

We only stayed there a few days as we were in Lapta and other places we wanted were fully booked up and the hotel has Scuba Diving facilities which suited us , If your on a tight budget I guess its okay, the best thing about the hotel was the pool by the sea but the room we had was dated and in need of a lick of paint, the shower wasn't great but we had sea views and the air con was ok, we didn't see one person at the bar and none of the staff asked us if we wanted any food during the day or evening but there are a few places nearby to eat, The Cabin/ scruples.

The breakfast selection was quite basic, no hot food apart from eggs,although you did get bacon if you asked the waiters.

There was no form of entertainment at the hotel but Sunset Beach Bar isn't too far to walk and you can pick up the bus from outside the hotel into the Harbour for 3L

The hotel does have disabled facilities.

HAPPY FEET

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 19:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

I did hear that an english couple has just opened a small guest house/hotel in Lapta and quite a few people we spoke too said it was lovely and around £25 per night, sorry I cant think of the name at the moment, anyone who knows Patsy (scottish lady who goes in Jessics bar she has the info)

HildySmith

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 22:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

IWe stayed at the Manolya for 2 and had a great time. We were half board and the meals were excellent. The Garlic king Prawns done in tomatos was fab!!

I would recommend it. However if you get a room you are not happy with, tell them and they will change it immediately.

Smity

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 23:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

Well go on happy feet tell us why your speedo's are on the roof and secondly you admit to wearing them very brave LOL

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
22/09/2009 08:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

We stayed at the Manolya about 18 months ago and would never stay again. Some of the above posts sum up the place perfectly. It was like staying at Fawlty Towers. Staff were not expecting us, rooms small, scruffy and very dated. No atmosphere. We went to the bar and they had run out of beer !!! The waiter had to leg it to a local shop to get some bottles of Efes.

The only saving grace was the staff, who whilst disorganised were very friendly. My apologies to the Manolya if things have changed for the better in the past 18 months, but judging by the above posts I suspect not.

Regards

Paul

fire starter

Message Posted:
22/09/2009 09:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

it is called scruples here is the website http://scruplescyprus.com/

HAPPY FEET

Message Posted:
22/09/2009 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

Smity I was wearing the Speedo's as I was entering a talent contest later in the week and I needed to sound like the lead singer from the Stylistics !!!!!!!!!

The reason they got on the roof was I left them on the balcony during the night when Turkey had that bad storm ,apparently a local drunk reported seeing a small flying UFO that night .

HildySmith

Message Posted:
22/09/2009 13:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

if you are on a low budget - then the Manolya is great.

We had no problems with Breakfast - help yourself to cereal or the lads brought you a cooked meal if you wanted one and also gave us a choice.

Each evening the Engin asked us what we would prefer for the next evenings meal and each evening we got what we wanted. We had a 3 course each evening: a mezza starter which had a good range to it, a main meal of our choice and desert also of our choice if we preferred. The 2 lads then went behind the bar and we stayed in the bar each night and were entertained by Engin and Mustine - great fun. It is a family run hotel and they care about your needs. Sadly we were there in the winter so the pool was not ready until we were due to leave. But the pool was emptied, repaired, cleaned and refilled ready for the new season - so I would have no quarms about using the pool. It was also in a fabulous location next to the beach.

HAPPY FEET

Message Posted:
22/09/2009 14:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Katymackem, I would dispute the pool was next to a fabulous location, the jetty and beach bars were all closed down and the place looked very grubby and in need of a good clean up, the only people using the rock /beach were the scuba diving people and a few persons fishing.

The web site was advertising the double rooms at £30 but the manager wanted to charge us £45 per night, I would say there was no more than 30 people staying at the hotel when we were there.

The waiters were very friendly, we had ants coming up from our sink and around the shower a few times and the shower tray was like a pond after each shower, but as I said before you get what you pay for..

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.