North Cyprus Tourist Board - House buying made easy by the estate agent....yes its really true!!!!!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > House buying made easy by the estate agent....yes its really true!!!!!

House buying made easy by the estate agent....yes its really true!!!!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» List of North Cyprus Estate Agents

» See All North Cyprus Estate Agent Related Threads

gillgray

Message Posted:
22/09/2009 10:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 36 in Discussion

If you are considering buying a property in northern cyprus then you need to go to the The North Coast Realty Group, 3 Yagmur Street, Ersoy Plaza, Girne,Mersin 10 Turkey, North Cyprus. e-mail; northcoast@ayza.net ,tel:0090 392 8160207 fax: 0090 392 8160195, mobile: 0533 8459140 and ask for Kaz...you will get a totally honest service and to give you an example we flew out on Sunday, looked at properties on Monday, went to the solicitors on Tues ( who again especially if your english is the one to use) picked the tiles, kitchen units, bathroom furniture etc on the Wed, went on a boat trip on Thurs, then signed all the legal papers on Fri, came home on Sunday the owners of a new property, hows that for a service!!!!!!. Kaz made himself available for us for the whole week, he showed us properties which were totally within our spec, was never pushy (which I hate) and has remained incontact since arriving home, we are totally grateful to have recieved such an excellent service

Pipie

Message Posted:
22/09/2009 10:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 36 in Discussion

Nice positive post gillgray !!!!

everon

Message Posted:
22/09/2009 11:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 36 in Discussion

we had the same service with Unwins buying and selling, they get a bad press, but we have had no problems with them over the last 6yrs

mint1955

Message Posted:
22/09/2009 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 36 in Discussion

Gill where did you end up buying. Is it finished or off plan etc? Glad you had a great trip etc.

Sheila

SweetwaterBay

negativenick

Message Posted:
22/09/2009 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 36 in Discussion

Mess 1 - Great enthusiasm Gill..

But you've only just dipped your toe into the water old boy...

Buying off plan in these dificult times is fraught with problems .......

I hope you have few problems and that your property is completed on time to a high standard and that you get your deeds....

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
22/09/2009 12:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 36 in Discussion

msg 1.

Had you been to TRNC before or was this your first visit?

ian444

Message Posted:
22/09/2009 12:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 36 in Discussion

Gillgray

I really don’t want to be negative but sorry I am.

Please read the advice on the Foreign Office Website

Talk to your UK solicitor

Did your friendly estate agent mention the Oram case did he explain that by buying in the TRNC you are putting your UK assets at risk.

I don’t of course know your circumstances and wish you well but please please if you are buying off plan on deeds which are not pre 74 and have a house in the UK

STOP and THINK and THINK AGAIN

Hector

Message Posted:
22/09/2009 17:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 36 in Discussion

'Lamb to the slaughter' springs to mind...

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
22/09/2009 23:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 36 in Discussion

gillgray. Questions asked but no answers?

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 14:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 36 in Discussion

Exhibiting such effusive and gushing benevolence and 'stoked to the gunwhales' with such optimistic euphoria, how can Gillgray posssibly go wrong?

ian444

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 15:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 36 in Discussion

not sure if this post was not just an advert for an estate agent

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 15:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 36 in Discussion

RE msg 1: Great first post, gillgray. Would be interesting to see where this message was posted (IP address in Northern Cyprus or in the UK?). Even more interesting is why PTB nor Title Deed is mentioned. And where exactly did lucky gillgray hit the jackpot? I wouldn't publish this article (more an advertorial in my opinion) in a news paper without some thorough checking.

gillgray

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 12:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 36 in Discussion

we actually brought a bungalow in Bahceli, we did not buy off plan, the place was built, although not finished yet, completion is due in January, I have had telephone contact from Kaz (estate agent) and have exchanged several e-mails with him and also the solicitor - I feel that I have been totally kept informed, and any queries I have had have been answered fully. I did do alot of investigation before going into buying the property, and did not do this lightly, as apart from buying our house in the UK this is the biggest investment I have made - I'm still 100% positive that this is the best thing I could have done for both myself and the rest of my family to have such a lovely property in a beautiful place like Northern Cyprus - there have been many places I have been to around the world and I still think that Northern Cyprus is the best place to be

gillgray

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 12:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 36 in Discussion

No this was not my first visit, I was on holiday in Northern Cyprus when 9/11 happened – not something you would forget, and have been out twice this year and plan to go out again just after Christmas

gillgray

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 12:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 36 in Discussion

Hope you have kept on top of the Orams case – funny I do not see another message dated after the 6th September – wonder why…………..

gillgray

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 12:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 36 in Discussion

Ican assure you that this is not an advert for the estate agent/solicitor - but am mighty glad you see it this way - and if anyone reading this in the UK and thinking of buying property there, then yes I strongly recommend that they use the same agents and solicitors that I did - what is everyone reminded of when money is involved - go on recommendations as word of mouth is far better than any advertisements!!!!

gillgray

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 12:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 36 in Discussion

I can assure you I am in the UK and did post this from my home computer, I actually live 11 miles from Stansted airport, which makes it nice and easy to fly over to Northern Cyprus......x

Bradus

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 36 in Discussion

So yet again we have another recommendation from a buyer who has not even taken ownership of the property let alone got the title deeds.

Gillgray I wish you every success with your build and ownership but if I had a pound for all the people that have come on this forum praising their developers, estate agents and advocates at the early stage of their build but ending up very critical at the final stage, I would be a rich woman!

I have said this before but will repeat it so that more unsuspecting victims are not drawn into the net. DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE UNTIL YOU HAVE FULLY COMPLETED AND GOT PTP, DEEDS AND A QUALITY BUILD.

Meant as good, sensible advice.

Kind Regards

Bradus

newlad

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 12:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 36 in Discussion

Good luck Gill and i hope you enjoy your time out there.I to have had good experiences and excellent help with our build,

Paul.

Flipflop

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 36 in Discussion

Bradus,

I think all anyone would need to do is search this forum for any negative posts on Kaz or North Coast Estates and you will find not one. No complaints against them with HBPG either. Suprise, suprise an honest estate agent exists in North Cyprus. You would be fooled into thinking that no one has a good experience here.

Radnor

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 13:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 36 in Discussion

Good positive post Gillgray!

mags111

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 13:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 36 in Discussion

Why is it that on nearly every post especially to do with buying property, 90% of the replies are negative?????? We have had had nothing but praise for our developer and Solicitor who has looked after us very well. We have been here 2 years and have no regrets whatsoever. No problems with PTP (just the usual wait) and as for North Coast, which we have recently dealt with on a letting, we have found them spot on. They were informative and honest and helped us all the way. Its good to know there are some professional contractors and estate agents in the TRNC. Why cant some people stop being so negative about property issues. I think the standards are improving!!! Good luck Gillgray on your purchase. Im sure that coming here with a positive attitude will make your investment very worthwhile and your visits enjoyable.

blinky

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 14:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 36 in Discussion

good post Gillgray, it will be worth the so called 'risk' im sure!!

Bradus

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 14:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 36 in Discussion

Flipflop,

I did not make any comments on Kaz or North Coast Estates. I am merely making the point that no recommendation should be made before completion as it is only then that you can fully evaluate everything.

Upon completion people should definately be posting their positive experiences so that buyers are aware of the reputable estate agents, developers and advocates out there.

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 14:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 36 in Discussion

Surely 90% negative against 10% tells me there is something wrong.

mags111

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 14:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 36 in Discussion

perhaps its all the whingers who come on this forum?????? Im sure there are many happy people here or they wouldnt stay!!!! Lets try and encourage people to come here, not frighten them away. This is a beautiful island and the people here are so hospitable. Im voting with my feet and Im sure lots of other people are too!!

MrsSnakes

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 14:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 36 in Discussion

Gillgray, I met Kaz a year ago and bought through his Estate Agency. A year on, we have become friends and Kaz has gone out of his way to help us settle in, nothing has ever been to much trouble. I hope that you will be happy with your new home and enjoy life here. I do.

Mrs Snakes

Magbs

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 14:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 36 in Discussion

Gillgray,

Could you please say who is your solicitor?

And sorry to say, but without PTP you can not call your self "the owners of a new property". It's not just semantics.

Anyway, good luck and keep your attitude positive.

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but

it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

-- From Gmail quotes--

Bradus

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 14:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 36 in Discussion

"Lets try and encourage people to come here, not frighten them away"

What exactly shall we say to encourage the buyers Mags?

Don't worry about not getting your Title deeds? Loads are in the same boat.

Mortgage on your property? Don't worry its common practice?

Half finished buildings but paid all your money 5 years ago? It'll all come out in the wash?

Yes, sell the beauty of north Cyprus and the friendly people. But is it not common decency to make people aware of the pitfalls and existing problems associated with buying in this country? It is fantastic to hear of all those positive experiences, keep them coming, but that does not mean people should bury their heads in the sand and not make others aware of the many negative experiences too.

There are lots of whingers on the forum but if they stop just one person from losing their hard earned cash

and experiencing stress and anxiety I would say it is well worth it.

Negative and Positive comments should be equally welc

newlad

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 15:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 36 in Discussion

Nothing wrong with pointing out the pit falls when buying in the north,and the genuine people on here are only looking out for the new posters that come on here.As i have said on previous posts we have been very lucky with our build as it was completed months in advance and we also have our deeds as well,

Paul.

mags111

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 16:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 36 in Discussion

Bradus,

I wholeheartedly agree with what your saying but so many times on this forum Ive seen so many posts spreading gloom and despondency.

Gillgray made a complimentary posting for North Coast Estate Agents which they deserve and I hope they are very happy with their purchase.

Ive seen and heard of many horror stories here but I think generally that the good outweighs the bad. Its right to warn people of the pitfalls as most of us have invested all our money here after working hard all our lives. Its terrible when we get ripped off.

Unfortunately on forums, bad news spreads quicker than good news.

I guess we are lucky.

Flipflop

Message Posted:
05/10/2009 10:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 36 in Discussion

Bradus

Your right you didn't mention Kaz or North Coast in your post. However this is a thread regarding North Coast Estates and your post implies that Gillgray is the "unsuspecting victim". Strong phrasing for an agent to be associated with when they have not been accused of anything.

Any personal experiences would be more helpful than all the scaremongering that goes on in this forum.

girne 29

Message Posted:
05/10/2009 20:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 36 in Discussion

Flipflop

'Any personal experiences would be more helpful than all the scaremongering that goes on in this forum'

Some people cant give positive experiences, therefore rather than be accused of scaremongering, would it not be better for you not to ask for peoples experiences in the first place.That way both sides are happy ,those with bad experiences dont need to deny their experiences and a positive image is at the same time promoted.

Can you give an example of what you consider to be factually incorrect and scaremongering in this thread?

On a positive note ,my estate agent was every bit as good as gillgray's,so its not unique. I too was looked after , picked kitchen unit colors,arranged for white goods,picked bathroom tiles,marble floors.Met lawyer, signed contract, paid deposit and taken outfor meal. All within a week.

HildySmith

Message Posted:
05/10/2009 22:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 36 in Discussion

Hi - good luck, I remember feeling exactly like that 3 years ago.

Even after 1 year and we had problems, I still felt like you do.

I came over in March and loved my house - almost ready to move into - no water, pool, roads electric or gas. I was told there was a problem and agreed to pay more money so that the job would be finished. So for 3 years I have felt like you

NOW I FEEL LIKE S**T

Our builder Cafer Yucelgazi 'says' he has no money and has gone broke, the advocate Sener's told us what the builder 'needs' 'wants' 'has negotiated' 'has asked for' (does not mention his 'clients needs, etc) and wants us all to pay all our monies into his bank account so he can pay the builder 30% up front £45,000. PLUS he wants us to pay his VAT - NOW, up front.

YES - I remember feeling like you do - I hope you do not get to feel like I do now!!

ian444

Message Posted:
06/10/2009 00:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 36 in Discussion

Gillgray message 15

The Oram positive result re 6 the September was from 2006 things have moved on,

At present the ROC court judgement is backed by the EU and is enforceable on the Orams UK assets. The final appeal to the UK high court will be announced on the11th November.

Sorry to be negative but at present if you buy a house in the TRNC which does not have Pre 74 deeds you could lose all your UK assets. It is a massive risk especially if you hope to eventually leave your UK house to your children

I really hope everything works out,

angels

Message Posted:
06/10/2009 02:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 36 in Discussion

Gillgray congratulations on your purchase I bought over here approx 4 years ago and I have my title deeds no problem. I got my Kocan after 2 years. I bought first trip over and I am very pleased.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.