North Cyprus Tourist Board - Medical Insurance Information Please
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Medical Insurance Information Please

Medical Insurance Information Please

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See North Cyprus Insurance Related Threads posted so far

» Read Information about North Cyprus Property Insurance

barnaclebill

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Having had a succesfull heart bypass I was wondering if any Forum members are aware of any Insurance companies that will cover you in N.Cyprus.Cover needed for up to 90 days.Thanks.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 17:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

BarnacleBill

I think one of our insureres will be able to help you.

Please email me with a telephone number and some short details (your name, age and roughly how long since the fabulous op.) they will call you.

info@flightholiday.co.uk

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 17:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

We use Help the Aged. No problem with my husband having had triple by pass and his medication, just tell them everything and you are covered, we don't leave anything out because if you end up needing any treatment the insurance ring your GP for all your details, I was in hospital in Turkey they paid £2000 straight to the hospital without me paying out.

barnaclebill

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 13:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Thanks for your advice have now found insurance company here in the UK.They do cover from 3 to 18 months works out roughly £1.25 a day.I tried Help the Aged and Age Concern but they wouldnt do the cover.

Thanks

barnaclebill

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 13:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

Thanks for your advice have now found insurance company here in the UK.They do cover from 3 to 18 months works out roughly £1.25 a day.I tried Help the Aged and Age Concern but they wouldnt do the cover.

Thanks

flightholiday

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 13:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

BB which Insurance company did you find?

barnaclebill

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 13:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Staysure.

1 of 10 companies reccommended by Compare the market .Com dealing specifically with existing Medical Conditions Insurance cover.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
25/09/2009 00:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Interesting I tried to imitate my own insurance with Staysure and the site seemed to make a pricing error where it should have been about 169.00 (using their figures) it came out at about 79.00.

If the charge was 79 that sure is very good, if £169.00 that is about £30 more than the travel insurer we use as a family. (One of us has one serious physical ailment and the other two heart conditions and our insurer covers all our pre-existing conditions too.)

Most important is not just the buying price but what is covered by your policy.

Tom

info@flightholiday.uk

barnaclebill

Message Posted:
25/09/2009 11:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Tom,

We had a problem with the site so rang them up, advantage of been here in UK.

They were most helpfull answered all our concerns.We also got it cheaper than it was on the Site.I totally agree with you in these situations the policy and the cover you get should be the first priority and in our case all the boxes were ticked.It also gives you piece of mind that you have ensured that all the tablets you are on and your ailment has been put to a human being and not a machine .Actually recieved the policy in the post this morning

malsancak

Message Posted:
25/09/2009 11:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Just a word of warning about the StaySure policy:

"8. Is Staysure insurance available to non-UK residents? No, all Staysure clients need a UK address. and should be registered with a UK doctor."

If you are outside the UK for roughly more than 6 months in a year then you may lose your UK residence status. That's why I'm surprised they are offering 6-18 month away from the UK policies.

Mal

barnaclebill

Message Posted:
25/09/2009 12:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

ref msg 10

I do have a UK address

I am registered with a doctor

I think you will find that the limit that you can stay outside the UK is going to be increased or already has been increased to 6 months.

My stay outside the UK will be less than 6 months in any 1 year.

Your advice is good advice that is why I said I would rather talk to a human being than fill in a form on a computer obviously it will not be suited to all but for me or anyone else who is in the same position as me its fine.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
25/09/2009 14:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Msg 9 - With anything complex (health or age) we ask our insurers to talk to you and they have a medical line who talk to you to so that the right policy is isssued.

Msg 10/11 - all good and valid points

http://www.flightholiday.co.uk where we offer a choice of two very different but experienced travel insurance providers

Coachie

Message Posted:
25/09/2009 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

Barnacle Bill..like you I had a quad bypass 5years ago and was insured with Aviva until I told them I was going in to have a Knee replacement op in Nov.Their Indian call centre said that they could no longer cover my bypass op,when I asked them why I was told because you now have another condition and they could not cover both.So they decided to not cover my bypass,which is a damn site more important than a knee replacement,and wanted to charge me the same price that I was paying for my heart policy.After about 30mins of getting know where,I decide to contact their office direct in UK.Same answer,but when I informed them I had already paid the renewal premium in June of this year I was offered a full refund,which I accepted.Found Staysure on the net ,filled in the forms and was told my knee op was an accepted condition and I would only have to pay for my heart by pass.£169 for me and Wife world wide.Make sure your wife is on YOUR policy because if she has seperate policy and anything h

Coachie

Message Posted:
25/09/2009 22:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

Cont..happens to you while on holiday,they will not cover any expenses that may occur if she wants to stay with you.It comes under the "do you know anyone who has an illness that may cause you to curtail or change your holiday" clause.Of course she does ,ypou but if it is not declared,wallop, you are up creek without paddle..

I think my policy for me was about £110 and when i had her indoors put on it cost£169.Still good value because they have about 250 acceptable pre medical conditions which you do not have to pay extra for..Hope that has been of use to you,if not "this message will self destruct in 30 seconds"

Garfield

Message Posted:
26/09/2009 11:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

Hi All can anyone help?...we are planning to move to TRNC and would like to know if we can get a medical insurance plan in the TRNC, we have checked the internet but unable to find anything,we live in SA at the moment and pay a medical scheme every month,just wondered if there is anything similar over there.

Thanks

flightholiday

Message Posted:
26/09/2009 12:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

Garfield - ask your current insurer they might cover you. It would be far easier.

barnaclebill

Message Posted:
27/09/2009 13:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

Coachie,

Thanks for your posting very reassuring when someone else confirms one,s choices Ha.Her indoors is on the policy as well so should be okay. Off to Leighton Hospital for rehab next week for 6 weeks do you get a discount if you pass ;)

Thanks again

Garfield

Message Posted:
27/09/2009 16:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

Thanks flightholiday,..... but we live in SA and the scheme we have is not like insurance,it is a medical aid,paid by us monthly,not the same as taking out holiday insurance....once we leave here we stop paying no good to us outside SA hence the reason I asked if there is something the same in TRNC? that you contribute to monthly or yearly!!!

flightholiday

Message Posted:
27/09/2009 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

Garfield, it might be worth talking to your provider "just in case". If not there are expat insurances available but they can be costly.

Most of the members of this bb are from Britain and can get long term insurances but the companies they use would normally only provide to UK residents.

Tom

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.